I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Scosche HA13B product warning & solution

Old 08-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scosche HA13B product warning & solution

I purchased this in order to connect an aftermarket stereo to my stock amp on my '07 Civic EX. No matter what I tried I could not get any sound.

In the picture below it is the smaller of the two with the connector on the left:

I was doing troubleshooting by searching the stuff I bought, when I saw that all Amazon reviews of this pointed out that all the wires to the connector are in the wrong place! Mark Y was able to post a good shot of how the wires should go:

The issue with this is that the wires are darn-near impossible to remove correctly. My fix was to bypass this one of both connectors altogether (keeping the main one), and run a tap on it to the amp wire of my aftermarket stereo.

Red tap on amp wire from harness to connected yellow wire. This is to make an extension so that it will reach my aftermarket stereo while it's connected to the dash piece if i have to remove it.
I also attached a yellow extension to it with a split terminal. This is so that I can loosen the screw on the terminal and release it if I have to remove the dash piece to remove or install the stereo again (while it stays in the dash piece). I won't need the aux input as my music will be sent via Bluetooth or using the MicroSD Card.