Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic 2006 another ac issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 2006 another ac issues

Hello, I know is another ac issue I read few post but did not help me with my issue. So recently my ac condenser fan went out and I ordered another one and replace it. I was hoping that was the problem but no my ac don't cool while idling but cools while driving but hot days doesn't cool much even awhile driving but at night my ac cool nicely awhile driving and idling but not much but I feel the air gets cool than warm on and off.
here is a video I made ac on max and gauges plug in the low pressure and compressor is running and fans are on what is going on??

Old 07-26-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic 2006 another ac issues

Well that video didn't show me anything helpful other than the low is running 45PSI and that seems high. What's your ambient temperature at the time of the check?
You have a gauge on the low side......but what is the high side doing?
Does the compressor ever cycle? At idle? While driving?
Has someone added freon? Correct freon used? Recover-evacuate-recharge BY WEIGHT?

Does the new fan spin the correct direction? (both fans have to pull air from front to rear)
Old 07-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Well that video didn't show me anything helpful other than the low is running 45PSI and that seems high. What's your ambient temperature at the time of the check?
You have a gauge on the low side......but what is the high side doing?
Does the compressor ever cycle? At idle? While driving?
Has someone added freon? Correct freon used? Recover-evacuate-recharge BY WEIGHT?

Does the new fan spin the correct direction? (both fans have to pull air from front to rear)
hello thank you for ur reply. The fan blowing air toward the engine away from the condenser. And I see compressor spinning I was trying show it in the video but I did it too quick and looks like the compressor always going even on max and normal ac I'm in Texas so was about 97degree and my friend is checking my high after work he has the professional gauge thing. I had the compressor replace year a ago and idk what they did I wasn't around for it all I cared was ac work and the job was done for free by dealership I got the car from.
Old 07-26-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

about 97degree and my friend is checking my high after work he has the professional gauge thing
If he really knows what he is doing then he should be able to tell you exactly what's wrong once he connects the gauge set and gets some readings and evaluates the system.