Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Help me find the part - Window seal / window weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danielrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help me find the part - Window seal / window weatherstrip

Hello,

I got an used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX some months ago. Today I noticed that the rubber seal between the window and the door is gone (the one that keeps dripping water from getting into the door panel), causing water to reach the inside of the car and wetting the carpet.

I have been looking around for the replacement part and fix it myself, but I'm having issues.
Some places call it "Window seal" others call it "Window weather stripping" or "Trim seal." Which is the correct one? I also tried https://www.hondapartsnow.com/ but I can't seem to find the right one.

Some help would be really greatly appreciated,
Best regards.
Old 05-22-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me find the part - Window seal / window weatherstrip

Post some pics pointing out the exact seal on your car?

If you have water dripping out of the door panel, it's probably missing or damaged vapor barrier behind the door panel
Old 05-22-2018
Registered!!

As you can see, the rubber shields that keeps the water from dripping are gone. It happens on both doors, and both doors are missing the rubber piece between the window and the door. Check the spoiler for pictures.

Spoiler

Old 05-22-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The doors are designed to allow water to pass through them. There are drain holes along the bottom edge.

If you have water dripping out of the door panel, it's probably missing or damaged vapor barrier behind the door panel. Vapor barrier is simply a plastic liner stuck to the door to cover the big holes and channel water away from the interior (much like a rain gutter).

Many workers trash the plastic when working inside the door and don't understand why it's there in the first place.

Anyway......the trims you are looking for #1 and #3?

In your catalog link it's listed under

interior/bumper > molding
Old 05-22-2018
Registered!!

Thanks, I just bought them!

About the vapor barrier... You say it is just a plastic liner, is it feasible to fix it myself? I guess just cutting and gluing a new one inside the door panel would suffice? Do you need special materials or just plastic plus a decent glue would do?

Best regards.
Old 05-22-2018

Depends. You should remove the door panel take a look at what's inside and see what you have to work with.
Sometimes I see them sliced up and ruined, sometimes just missing, etc.

Personally when I have to do something inside a door, I always try to carefully peel the liner downward starting from the top and only move as much as absolutely necessary to work so I don't disturb the arrangement at the bottom where it channels the water through the holes in the metal.

If you have to replace one, you could improvise if you can find something (hefty bag LOL), but making it stick might be a chore. RTV? Dumdum? Putty? Double sided tape?

In the parts catalog it's under body/air conditioning > door panels,
and is called "SEAL, (L or R) FR. DOOR HOLE"
And I can't tell if it comes with adhesive on it or not. It probably does but don't quote me on that.
Old 10-09-2023
Registered!!

shubhodeep is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you please share the part numbers of both #1 and #3 from the diagram below? I can located the part number for the outside weatherstrip moulding, but can't seem to be able to find the inner rubber piece part number?

Also, where did you purchase them from?

Old 10-10-2023
Super Moderator

Received 1,890 Likes on 1,333 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Can't help you without your car info. Interior strip is in "Interior/Bumper" --> "Front Door Lining".

The user probably bought them from hondapartsnow.com since that is the site they mentioned in their first post.
The following users liked this post:
shubhodeep (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023
Registered!!

shubhodeep is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.
My car is a 2010 Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan ( country of manufacture : Canada)