Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Occasional lock/unlock issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Occasional lock/unlock issue

I have a 2014 Honda Civic and it's running great, but im having a strange issue that I wanted to see if I could fix.

Occasionally when using the button on the handle or the FOB to unlock or unlock either the driver side or passenger side will refuse to unlock or lock. I can get in the driver side no issues using the key when this happens and the car always starts. It seems completely random which side decides to have issues and it doesn't occur everytime. It doesn't seem to continue happening for the day after I manually lock from the inside.

I recently replaced the car battery and the FOB battery and it hasn't seemed to fix it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue before I rip the doors off this weekend and peek around for the issue. I was told by a buddy to remove the negative terminal from the battery for about 10 minutes to try and reset the systems, should I give this a shot first?

If anyone has an idea or a direction to head in I would greatly appreciate it.
​​
Old 10-11-2023
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Occasional lock/unlock issue

You can try disconnecting the battery, i know sometimes those fancy handles have problems