Help with stock CD player/ Amp/ Speakers - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2016   #1  
Registered!!

electronictofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with stock CD player/ Amp/ Speakers

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out an issue with my stereo on my 2006 EX. The CD player hasn't worked since I got the car but everything else did including the AUX which was fine and got me by. About 2 months ago something odd happened. All of the speakers stopped working except the sub-woofer, the front left door speaker, and the top right dash tweater.

I pulled appart the dash and the stereo connection is connect properly, and it can't be a fuse because it would probably be all or nothing. So I am thinking there is an issue with the deck, or possible the stock amp? Nothing is aftermarket.

Any ideas what it could be? I'd like to make somewhat sure before buying a new aftermarket deck.

Thanks.

Last edited by electronictofu; 08-01-2016 at 06:48 PM.
electronictofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with stock CD player/ Amp/ Speakers

Coupe or Sedan? I guess coupe.

The amplifier may have died--- instead of the radio.
Amp is on top of the center hump close to the firewall.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote