Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Car overheating

Old 10-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98hondaciviclx is an unknown quantity at this point
Car overheating

I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX and for some reason it isn't holding any water or coolant. My cousin replaced the timing belt and water pump 5 months ago and instead of replacing the thermostat he just took it out, since then my car has been overheating. I thought it was the head gasket but I recently found out it was overheating due to not having the thermostat in. I have a thermostat in now but it still overheats and isn't keeping the water or coolant in anymore. I literally put water in everytime i leave and can only drive about 20 mins before my car gets hot. I'm a woman who knows nothing about cars so if anyone can help that'd be great. Any ideas anyone? Im thinking my radiator cracked from overheating so many times but I'm not sure.
Old 10-30-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car overheating

Fill it with water. Does it leak out? Look for the leak and find where it's coming out.

Know ahead of time that overheating an engine can cau$e $eriously expen$ive damage.

I'm a woman
Don't act like that's a handicap.