99 Boosted Civic, broken VSS, white smoke - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2015   #1  
Registered!!

99BoostedSi is an unknown quantity at this point
99 Boosted Civic, broken VSS, white smoke

I have a boosted b16a2. Just recently my VSS gave out and I have been running it in limp mode without vtec, only boost. My question is can the broken VSS cause a little bit of white smoke to come out of the exhaust at higher rpms? My VSS broke and the smoke seemed to have started at the same time, so I am wondering if it is just a coincidence or not.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
99BoostedSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 99 Boosted Civic, broken VSS, white smoke

Fix the VSS problem and see if the smoke issue goes away.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote