unhappy camper - crower.com rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: unhappy camper - crower.com rant

i was undecided and wouldve prolly bought a cam eventually, but not after this. i think i should put them on the bad websites link in transaction feedback too.
Old 08-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarkoPollo is an unknown quantity at this point

I say let's give the office manager a chance to respond and then I'll post the reply and take it from there.
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

That fact that I got threatened with the restocking charges is only 1/2 of the dissapointment. I was really looking forward to the upgrade. I'm not someone that grew up with alot of money, as lame as it sounds, this 9 year old 2002 civic is a "nice car" as far as I am concerned.

I'm stuck in school for the next 3 years and I'm on a limited budget. Would have been a great way to get some gains for around $400 ($350 for the part and then $50-$60 for the additional labour).

To do this job at a later time it's going to cost me almost $1000 ($200 for a gasket kit, and like $400 in labour, and $350 for the cam). Really stinks. And now I 've got the RS grill for the front of my ride and all I'm sportin is a stock vtec.
Old 08-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Such a huge let down on the part of Crower
Old 08-14-2011
Registered!!

Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are crower the only company to have produced a cam for the d17 anyway? Theres alot of interest in the product. If crower sucks, then someone else needs to make a cam for it. im not impressed with wat I got for my almost $400
Old 08-14-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I know Blox makes it for the D16Z6 and D16Y8, dunno if it can be made to work with D17's

I'm not an engine techy, so i wouldnt know
Old 08-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hardcoresteve
Why are crower the only company to have produced a cam for the d17 anyway? Theres alot of interest in the product. If crower sucks, then someone else needs to make a cam for it. im not impressed with wat I got for my almost $400
Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I know Blox makes it for the D16Z6 and D16Y8, dunno if it can be made to work with D17's

I'm not an engine techy, so i wouldnt know
Spend some time on d-series and you'll have your answer, there's interest in d17 parts within the 7th gen community, but that's nothing compared to the number of people building and swapping in d16s. There are a lot of companies making cams for d16s, bloz is just one out of a long list.
Old 08-15-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not impressed with the cam itself or with the service

Originally Posted by Hardcoresteve
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I'm considering including a link to this thread in the stage 1 cam faq, what are your guy thoughts on that, would it be helpful?
Yeah throw it is the stage I thread. These fools haven't spent any time or effort in trying to rectify the situation. I sent a message to the supervisor and I didn't even get a reply.

I was pleased to see that this thread popped up near the top of the google results for: 2002 civic d17a2 stage one camshaft

Maybe Crower will post a reply in this thread once they see the negative publicity.
Old 08-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Done, added it to the first post of the stage 1 faq.
Old 08-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just a reminder that the cam itself is good.
Good engineers.
crappy salesman, though, so ordering the cams from dezod (which i did) or another is still good. Ah, i got the cam before the estimated delivery date.
I ordered with enough time and i also did it meself, but have a spare car, so no issues if mine got late or not.
Old 08-28-2011
Premium Member

this reminds me of the soup ****. just because you have the best soup in town, doesnt mean you can spit on the customers' faces.
Old 03-09-2013
03 Civic EX

Brooks952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just throught I'd update this thread after ordering from crower. I probably wouldn't have purchased from them had I read this thread first but am glad I did make the purchase. I first sent them an email asking if they provide a military discount and received a prompt reply that they do and to give them a call. I called and was given the price of $303 with free shipping, I received the cam 2 days later and I couldn't be happier with their service.

It's been a couple years since 1 person had a bad experience with them, and frankly anyone willing to give a discount to our military members gets some props in my book, especially when it's over 20% off.
Old 03-09-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brooks952
Just throught I'd update this thread after ordering from crower. I probably wouldn't have purchased from them had I read this thread first but am glad I did make the purchase. I first sent them an email asking if they provide a military discount and received a prompt reply that they do and to give them a call. I called and was given the price of $303 with free shipping, I received the cam 2 days later and I couldn't be happier with their service.

It's been a couple years since 1 person had a bad experience with them, and frankly anyone willing to give a discount to our military members gets some props in my book, especially when it's over 20% off.
Hopefully they upped their customer service since then.
They do produce a quality part, but falling short of delivery and lying about it is severely frowned upon, in any business.
Old 03-09-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i still love the cam, no issues at all with delivery. on person bad experience is not a rule, on my book. who do their jobs perfectly at all, would be my question? can you make all your employees work perfectly? if you can, then you are entitled to complain. (sorry, that's how i do in my job :P)