General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Skunk2 Intake Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OneCoolDad is an unknown quantity at this point
Skunk2 Intake Install Issue

I just installed a Skunk2 Intake on my sons 2000 Civic. I can't figure out what is causing the engine to rev. Right now all the hoses have been reconnected and the sensors are re-connected. However, I do not have the air cleaner on. I re-used the original throttle body and it is open to air with no back pressure from the air flow through the filter. Would this cause the engine to rev? Are the sensors backwards, is there no coolant flow yet??? Anyone have any suggestions? THANKS
Old 12-24-2007
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Skunk2 Intake Install Issue

is it revving? or is the idle just higher?
Old 12-24-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

sounds like a vacuum line or IACV.
Old 12-24-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

i would say hes talking about a higher idle which beadebaserr said is probably cause by a vacumm issue or a dirty sensor. check all the vacuum lines and make sure the sensor is clean and plugged in