Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Dun Shoot Me First - Intake Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I did a detail search already on cai, sri, aem, injen....

Too many comments can't tell which is most efficient and effective.

Q: If I use SRI for my five speed, I might lose low end power(not sure whether u can even feel it), BUT!!! no water sucking issue. Although, not going diving/submarining with my car. BUT!! all in takes is Just one chance if u drive through deep pool water by chance??

Q: Okie, some might say, USE AEM put on THE STUPID by-pass valve. The problem is it will require cutting, and the valve might slow down the air intake (some say). ??????

P/S: IF i use SRI , how much difference in terms of feeling? Please indicate stand on which intake..

Understand if no one reply [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
You not going to actualy feel a difference in power, its more of a sound issue, they sound alot better because of the way they are built (and no restictive resonator).
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with AEM for the intake. The short ram will give you high end power and the CAI will give you the low end. It's a personnal preference my man. You will be able to feel both...I have an AEM short ram, and when the RPMs get up to 3500, 4000....the car bolts.
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
OK i got a question..........antidote is your car a 5 speed????????i have a 5 speed ex looking for AEM SRI....JOTECH in texas said they dont make one,,,,only for auto's...........people told me to get it and it will fit????????????do you have to jimmy rig it..........i had to w/ my 94' jetta and it always fell off.........i want it braced properly and nice lookin,,,,,,not just hanging there.......thanks......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2001
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I always believed that the CAI was better for top end power because at around 3K rpm the car kinda lurches. Ive posted this before but the SRI is better for an auto and the CAI is better for the manual. The whole hydro locking thing isnt likely gonna happen unless you live somewhere that has a lot of water and/or rain. I have the bypass but I dont think I need to put it on right now because I live in AZ where its still in the 90's in November. YES, you have to cut the pipe to install the bypass and you need to have the bypass at least 12 inches from the throttle body.
I dont know what the SRI does for the civic but I love my CAI and it wasnt that hard to install.
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

Waldo is an unknown quantity at this point
heres my solution for the "horsepower loss" from the bypass valve if you wanna race or whatnot or say its really dry out buy a rubber tub thatll replace where the bypass valve is when you want and switch the valve in when it rains just my 2cents and what im doin
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

locozoko is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know what everyone is talking about power loss and crap! Well first of all stop just staying something you don't know anything about, second why don't you buy one and test it on your own damn cars! I just installed my Injen SRI and i have noticed quite a bit of top-end speed and NO loss in any torque. Plus it really compliments the exhuast's sound and makes it all sound deeper instead of that high-pitched noise! peace