Launch Control (two-step)??? - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products
Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2001   #1
Registered!!

locozoko is an unknown quantity at this point
I know our car is distributor-less and stuff so can't have an MSD ignition. But is there any product available for our cars that has a 2-step rev limiter??? You know, it lets you adjust the launch rpm (for drag racing), and also have a rev-limiter.. but I am mainly interested in the launch control part so i can have a constant RPM when launching! I hope this all made sense so if you know what i'm talking about, any help would be much appreciated! peace
locozoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001   #2
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya man...ive been sorta lookin for that too...cant find anything that will work with our ignition.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
black2k1vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001   #3
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Not that it helps any, but getting to know your car is the best launch control I can think of. One set rpm level won't work for all tires, wheels, and road conditions. I've gotten to the point I can launch with just a little chirp (if any) and be flying away in first gear with the hammer down. Nobody I've raced has been able to beat me off the line yet...
2Hondaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001   #4
Registered!!

locozoko is an unknown quantity at this point
well you can adjust it with the ones i have seen but they dont work with our cars [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
the thing is my parents bought me an automatic cause they are stupid no matter how much i argued with them... even though i learned on stick and try to believe my 2k1 civic isn't automatic... but ya i need the 2 stage launch control so i dont have to press the brake with my left foot and press the gas to the RPMs i want and then let go of the gas (besides the fact that its annoying, its not too good for the brakes either..).
locozoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001   #5
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Oops! Didn't realise you had an automatic tranny. Guess for now just two-foot it. I'd keep the rpm's low though so you don't sit on the line and spin your wheels.
2Hondaz is offline   Reply With Quote