Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Want More Stock-Like System

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kanin247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Want More Stock-Like System

I'm trying to go back to a more stock-like system because I am beyond the days of adding items for the sake of sound on my '04 Civic EX Sedan. I really didn't do much to begin with...K&N Typhoon Air Intake, Magnaflow Resonator, APEXi WS2 Exhaust, and 2-in custom pipes.

I will likely keep the resonator since its job is to help dampen noise and I'll decide on the air intake after replacing WS2.

So, for the WS2 replacement...are there better stock-like options other than buying the stock exhaust by Honda? Or should I just have a local muffler shop install what they sell?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Want More Stock-Like System

The best option for quality and sound suppression would be an OE muffler. Junk yard should have one, new may be pricey.

Next thing would be to get a quieter performance muffler like a small Magnaflow or Dynomax type.

Other option is an OE style like a Walker or Bosal

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...FdgNgQodOH4Amw
Old 04-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kanin247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want More Stock-Like System

Thanks...I'll look into those.