Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

electric Rust/corrosion inhibitors: your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bikergofast is an unknown quantity at this point
electric Rust/corrosion inhibitors: your thoughts

Here in eastern Ontario we get tough winters and lots of salt on roads. I caved for the dealer hype and let them install one of these, they want to see the car once a year to free inspect and fix any spots that may appear but otherwise are guaranteeing it free from rust for as long as I own it.

After a few searches here nothing came up on them, which tells me either no one here knows about them or they just don't care. From most of the web reviews I'd agree and say they aren't worth the money and we're better to get Krown once a year. However a coworker swears his 08 Accord has bare metal on stone chips that are not rusting because of this module.

My question to those of you who use one, do you still undercoat? Were you told it's ok to still undercoat or does it even matter having both methods?

I can't believe that one little pulse of current can protect every metal part on these cars.
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: electric Rust/corrosion inhibitors: your thoughts

I would get an undercoating. I had it on my Volvo (from the factory) in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (lots of salt) and it looks like new underneath.