Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jody501 is an unknown quantity at this point
help!!!

OK. the other day i was low on gas so i got a gas can from my front porch and poored it in my tank. turns the was more water than gas. when i started my car it putterd but barley ran. then the electrical system dash lights, head lights, radio etc. started acting weird. I dropped the tank put fresh gasin it "about4 gallons plus fuel cleaner". checked my injectors there fine. car wouldnt hold a charge. battery and alternator tested out fine. can someone plz help.. anything advice is very much appreciated. 01 Honda civic ex vtec.
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: help!!!

you have any more details? why was the car out of gas? do you have a CEL? were you doing any electrical work before the problem the charging problem started?

does the car start now as it is? what happens now when you try to crank the car?
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

it wasn't allthe way out of gas I was just cleaning up driveway area and poorer what I thoughtwas just gas intank. I justa straight pipe put on, no caytilitic converter. ac delete. running a 01 dx aternator belt no ac compressor. just a shorter belt. also i a have k n air intake. car was running fine until I poored deputed gas in my tank.
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jody501
it wasn't allthe way out of gas I was just cleaning up driveway area and poored what I thought was just gas in my tank. I just had a straight pipe put on tomagnaflow muffler with carbon tip, no caytilitic converter. ac delete. running a 01 dx aternator belt no ac compressor. just a shorter belt. also i have a k n air intake. car was running fine until I poored deluted gas in my tank.
it turns over doesnt start. but then radio doesnt even come on and when i try the car it slowly loses charge.

Last edited by jody501; 07-09-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: miss spelled
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

[QUOTE=jody501;4688799]it turns over doesnt start. but then radio doesnt even come on and when i try to start the car it slowly loses charge. had no problems from it til this situation. is it possible h20 in the gas system cause electrical problems? fuel injectors looked fine spark plugs a couple weeks old. they look fine. I also looked at the fuses in fuse box under the hood. most of them had like a electrical burn smell to them.
Old 07-09-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

so i got a gas can from my front porch and poored it in my tank. turns the was more water than gas. when i started my car it putterd but barley ran.
Getting all the water out of a fuel system can be tough.
Any water the pump sucked up can be hiding inside the pump, pump housing, filter, pressure regulator, and all the fuel lines and injector rail at the front of the car. Some of the rail designs can hold a lot of water. I'd be taking it all apart to dump and/or clean out.
then the electrical system dash lights, head lights, radio etc. started acting weird.........
......car wouldnt hold a charge. battery and alternator tested out fine.
Not sure what's going on here.

Is the battery fully charged up? How was it tested? Will it pass a real load test? Cable connections clean and tight?
Is there a draw on the battery running it down?
How was the alternator tested? Does it charge on the car?
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

it charges off the car it was tested on machine at auto zone so was the battery. ????
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

I just rememberd I cleaned the engine with degreaser earlier that day.
Old 07-09-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check fuse 4 and fuse 10 in the dash fuse box.

Does the battery light on the dash come on with the key turned on and go out when the engine is started? (if it will start up)

If you crank the engine repeatedly without recharging the battery it will run the battery down quickly.
Old 07-09-2015
Registered!!

4 and 10 are good.
Old 07-10-2015
Registered!!

it won't i have a broke gas line . getting it replaced.