Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Looking for opinion on damages after accident.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MichaelLW is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for opinion on damages after accident.

I own a 2013 Honda Civic. I'd recently moved to Colorado from Florida and found out about frozen road conditions. I slid off the road going about 20 mph and hit a stop sign just center of the passenger side head light. It bent the metal bumper underneath the plastic one into the A/C radiator and normal radiator and shoved the radiator fan up against the big cylinder exhaust thing in front of the Engine block. This was last winter and the car still runs, but it sounds like it really wants to break. When I first start it, it sounds much louder , more violent, and just sort of loose. When it's idling in neutral, going up a hill, or as I change gears it will also sound a little loud and loose but not quite as angry as when it starts up. I really don't know much about mechanics. You Tube helped me fix the radiator and side view mirror (harder than I originally would have thought.) Whatever's wrong with it is beyond me. I would really appreciate anyone's guess at what's going on and if it would be affordable to fix. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Looking for opinion on damages after accident.

What does the sound, sound like and where is it coming from?

My guess would be that the ac fan crashed into the exhaust manifold/exhaust header. If this is so You may need to replace the exhaust manifold, or possibly other parts of the exhaust. But first try looking for holes and while it is jacked up, turn the engine on and try to feel any air escaping form the exhaust system, there shouldn't be any leaks.

Or you could just take it to a shop and ask if they do free inspections, some shops do to try to get more business. Then when they tell you what it is, you can try to fix it yourself.
Old 09-14-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for opinion on damages after accident.

Got loan on the car?
Got insurance coverage?

Turn it in.