Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Best Interior Protectant?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunkwerks Boss is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Interior Protectant?

It seems that when it comes to protecting the exterior, there are as many great wax`es as there are opinions. When it comes to the best interior protectant for all of the plastic parts the list is rather short. So, if a guy is looking for a low gloss finish with lasting qualities, what do you think is the best on the market. Fire away!
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best Interior Protectant?

Personally, I've always used Black Magic, but recently started using EagleOne... EagleOne products are a lil more expensive than some, but I think it's great!
Old 02-13-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

I go with EagleOne. I've been using them since I first got the car, and my interior still looks brand new, except for a few minor scratches that i've done
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

hXc drummer23 will become famous soon enough

I recommend this: http://autogeek.net/pinvinrubpro.html
It is on the expensive side, but I think it is worth it.
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I love black magic but will be trying the eagle one soon.
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, another for Eagle One and Black Magic... forgot to mention, don't use ArmorAll on the interior, it tends to dry up the materials? I don't know how to explain it, but it messed up my leather steering wheel...
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

em2.kid will become famous soon enough

^^^
Really I just used it Sunday and well my car interior is still shining
Old 02-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i stopped using anything. makes it too shiny when the sun is out and everytime it rains you get drip marks everywhere. its nasty.
Old 02-13-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

I use meguiars wipes. I'm a little bias towards meguiars though. I use it for everything. I use meguairs clay bar, polish, wax, tire shine, car wash liquid, and wipes as well. I think the wipes do a pretty good job, and last for a while. Low gloss shine as well, but looks clean at the same time. It does smell for a bit, but most interior cleaners do anyway.
Old 02-14-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
i stopped using anything. makes it too shiny when the sun is out and everytime it rains you get drip marks everywhere. its nasty.
yeah, EagleOne does make the dash shinny too....I usually spray the stuff on a microfibre towel, spread it around on there. Then a day or two later, If the glare is getting to me, I buff it down with another microfibre towel. That gives the dash a nice matte black look, making it look brand new, but without the glaring shine.
Old 02-14-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I've been using the Formula 2000 stuff. When it runs out I'm going to try the Black Magic.
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

I use the Armor All Gel Protectant and have had pretty good luck with it. I am not a big fan of having a extremely greasy shiny dash. The gel protectant cleans the dash and puts a slight shine without the greasy feel. Would recommend A+++
Old 02-14-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

i use Black Magic especially on summer. it helps the interior protected from oven like heat. but like steve said, it get's too fukking shiny and sometimes glaring when you're driving. so only apply it when necessary. once you've applied it though, the shine will subside and it will give you this flat black look. that's the best part IMO.
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Black Magic...all the way...fuc a armorall it attracts dust like a ****. Yea they are right about the blackmagic though it does make the dash shinney and glarey at times and hard to see in a sense when looking out of the windshield.
Old 02-14-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

is there anything that does not shine or mess up in the rain?
Old 02-14-2008
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

when the protectant get wet itll spot up same as your paint... but you can get something from Zymol or p21s... im bout to switch ENTIRELY over to all Zymol... i love them with a passion after the miracle detail! so their products are top notch and they prove capability.
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

Skunkwerks Boss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the idea`s,,, and yes, I agree, the Armor-All super wet look was always something I never really liked. I want to say they made a low gloss product a while back, but I don`t see it any more. Sounds like some of the products you guy`s mentioned will work indeed. The windshield on my new civic looks like a greenhouse, or solar cooker if you like, to me, so anything that will help the dash this summer will be the ticket. Thanks again for the tips!
Old 02-15-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I just keep mine dusted with diluted Simple Green (Still get spots on the door panels when wet though)

As far as the sun goes I have used nylon fabric type sun shades for years. (the ones that twist back up to a circle for storage.
Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member

hmm ive had my car out in the sun every day for 6 yrs and stopped using dash protectant 2 yrs ago. i dont have any cracking or damage. so idk, maybe its just a myth lol.
Old 02-15-2008

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm ive had my car out in the sun every day for 6 yrs and stopped using dash protectant 2 yrs ago. i dont have any cracking or damage. so idk, maybe its just a myth lol.

sorry to say gearbox, but NOPE, NOT A MYTH....

we had an '85 Volvo Wagon since it was new, and I don't know where along the line, but it was before I started driving, and it had a cracked dash...luckily thought, the cracks were two straight lines from the windshield straight back to the edge by the passengers, so it appeared normal (like the dash was paneled)

so dashboard cracking DOES happen, but I don't know how long it takes. It just depends on how fast the dash dries up, and looses it's flex.
Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member

hmm yea i guess over time then, my old car was really bad. i just find it really hard to see after putting that stuff on.
Old 02-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all

i have been using armor all ever since 2002 and my dash looks brand new. i love the wet look of the dash. only thing i dont like it the dust loves sticking to it.
Old 02-16-2008
Registered!!

hXc drummer23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by burke420
when the protectant get wet itll spot up same as your paint... but you can get something from Zymol or p21s... im bout to switch ENTIRELY over to all Zymol... i love them with a passion after the miracle detail! so their products are top notch and they prove capability.
Zymol is too expensive IMO. Their stuff you can buy in stores is cheap but it isn't that good. All of their good stuff you have to buy online and is very expensive.