Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Cabin Filters

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you could always spray the filters with ozium to deodorize them or put a lil air freshener inside.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikem317 should not be trusted
Febreeze might help.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic_04
ghetto ghetto lol, theres always someone who comes up with some custom home made way of doing things
why would you say that. I am in the air-conditioning business and have access to many filters. The filters I use do a better job than the one's you buy from the store and I treat them to capture more of the dust/dirt/pollen/etc.... Cleaning filters never work unless they are the cleanable one's. Nothing wrong with being a little bit creative.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
They're not very expensive at Majestic. I paid around $20 for the pair.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

ELCOLO is an unknown quantity at this point
does all 2001 models have the air cabin filter...???....(i dont have the owner manual)
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
^ yes
Old 09-05-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just got some from handaaccessories.com for pretty cheap and its the oem micron brand.
Old 09-30-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by scizod
why would you say that. I am in the air-conditioning business and have access to many filters. The filters I use do a better job than the one's you buy from the store and I treat them to capture more of the dust/dirt/pollen/etc.... Cleaning filters never work unless they are the cleanable one's. Nothing wrong with being a little bit creative.
hehehe i do hvac too.. glad to know im not the only one that said "$12 each.. screw that crap.. just a lil cutting.. lil folding... TADA.. FREE!!!"

i did mine earlyer this week... first time in 68k.... o man.. they were packed solid with dirt and dead bugs and broken glass (windshield) and feathers and pine needles and helacoptor seeds and hair and god knows what else... .... sooooo gross

and yes... changing the filter will get rid of the smoke smell.. think of it as blowing smoke through a blanket... true it wont get 100% of the smell out.. theres always going to be a tiny bit of dust stuck to the inside of the duct system which will suck up the smoke smell.. but well.. thats what you get for smoking in yer car...
Old 09-30-2006
Premium Member

i thought the rsx filters blocked odors but they are really expensive to replace.