Auto Transmission Rebuild (pics) - Page 6 - Honda Civic Forum

Auto Transmission Rebuild (pics)

Old 11-04-2017
Registered!!

rbn315 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Auto Transmission Rebuild (pics)

Originally Posted by dopes6070 View Post
Here is the ATF filter, check out the black gunk around the edges of the screen. I wiped the center of it clean with a rag.

Here is where im stopping till I get the TCI overhaul kit and some OEM honda parts that I ordered.
Where did you get your manual book
Old 11-27-2017
Registered!!

hgufrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr_fobster View Post
wow....have fun gtrying to put it all back together......getting all those clutch packs to line up is a bitch!!! trust me i know, i re-build, overhaul, and diag trans for a living.........

but cool stuff.
I am in the process of rebuilding my BMXA right now... Can you tell me what you mean by getting the clutch packs to line up? I was just going to take them and stick them in the clutch basket... Is that wrong? I sure would appreciate your help on this.
Old 07-06-2018
Registered!!

Stratis1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished my first rebuild on a 2002 Civic BMXA transmission and I'm hoping I didn't just make a fatal mistake. Everything went together perfectly however I listen to some advice from a friend and I sealed the case with hondabond. Now that it has dried I can see where if there was any excess that it's squeezed out of the case seam and, on the outside, it rubs off pretty easily. So I'm mortally worried that I'm going to have the same thing on the inside and some of these pieces are going to flake off and clog everything up.

So before I go to all the effort of putting this back into the car and then having an issue is there anyone that can confirm that was a big mistake and I should take it apart, strip all of the Honda bond, out and put in new gaskets and seal it up again.
Old 07-06-2018
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Unless you locked up a small person inside the case, no one is going to be rubbing in there.

If chunk did manage to get loose it will just get stuck in the filter, not going to damage anything