Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Getting ready to redo the suspension on my '05

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XXWoodmanXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting ready to redo the suspension on my '05

All the parts are almost here for me to completely revamp my entire suspension. My plan is to lower it 1.5", and replace all the bushings, ball joints, and tie rods all-round. So far, I've already replaced the rear trailing & control arms with ones from an '06 RSX. My reasoning on the RSX? The trailing arms, control arms (with excellent bushings vs. mine!), rear sway bar, bushings, and mounting brackets were $90 shipped off Ebay.

Name:  20160206_161958.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  287.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0009.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  154.8 KB

She sits about 3/8" lower in the rear end now, but that's marginal, so I can live with it.

The only reason the RSX sway bar + my new Progress mount isn't on is because Progress forgot to send ANY hardware with my kit!

So here's what's waiting to be installed yet:

Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  210.5 KB

- Stagg4 1.5" drop springs
- Stagg4 Fr & Rr struts
- Progress rear sway bar mount
- '06 RSX rear sway bar (not pictured)
- brand new OEM front-end kit, including lower control arms, ball joints, front and rear sway bar mounts, tie-rod ends, and new tie rods (not pictured)
- New Moog front strut mounts + bearings

What's the best recommendation for rear (adjustable) camber arms? Heard great things about the adjustable ACDelco ones. Never a problem with fitment.

Also, can I just re-use my old strut spring insulators? How about the rear strut plastic sleeves (as long as they're not busted)?

Last edited by XXWoodmanXX; 04-10-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Getting ready to redo the suspension on my '05

Didn't know ACDelco made them for a Civic.

I would buy the used set that I have listed in my Sig SPC makes a great kit.

Yes as long as those parts are not busted you can reuse them. Also are your inner tie rods bad? I have never had a bad inner tie rod, not something that usually needs replacing (at least with my experience).

Also since you need to drill the rear holes for the sway bar make sure you have a very sharp drill bit. I burned up my drill making those holes.
Old 04-10-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Didn't know ACDelco made them for a Civic.

I would buy the used set that I have listed in my Sig SPC makes a great kit.

Yes as long as those parts are not busted you can reuse them. Also are your inner tie rods bad? I have never had a bad inner tie rod, not something that usually needs replacing (at least with my experience).

Also since you need to drill the rear holes for the sway bar make sure you have a very sharp drill bit. I burned up my drill making those holes.
Will do, thx! As for the inner tie rods, they came with the complete front-end kit. And no, I don't think I will be needing them. I will take a look at your ad, too.
Old 04-10-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Stag4? I might heard about them once in 13 years... g'lucky. Not sure about them, let us know if they work or not.

spc, ingall are the most regarded ones, so not sure about other brands for camber arms.

I use skunk2 - lasting 6-7 years now? So good.
Old 04-10-2016
Registered!!

Staggs are mentioned alot on Honda forums and a bunch of RSX owners. Figured Id give them a shot as well.
Old 04-10-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Fair enough
Old 04-11-2016
Registered!!

I hear nothing but good things (from those that have actually USED them), comparing them to KYBs. I did however find one guy on Acura forums that had a catastrophic failure with his front strut spot-welds shearing(OOPH!), but that was for a 90's model Integra; nothing like ours for the 7th gen.

Here's an interesting 'long-term' review of the Staggs a guy over on Bimmerforums have been using. 2+ yrs, 52K mi. and still going strong!
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...2#post26101212

So, yes.....it really DOES seem to be hit or miss with these. Thankfully, I have lifetime warranty on all of them
Old 05-16-2016
Registered!!

Name:  20160516_074334.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  244.8 KB

UPDATE:

So far, I am loving the setup. Stagg struts and 1.5" Stagg drop springs seem to be a nice pairing, and give it a nice stance. But I REALLY love my '06 RSX 21mm rear sway. I definitely feel a difference in cornering. I am still holding off on doing any front sway setup, from all the understeer comments I've seen on here. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay on a front sway?
Old 05-16-2016
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

The only upgrade for our front sway is a smaller bar or none at all. I removed mine entirely and I enjoy how it feels.

Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX

UPDATE:

So far, I am loving the setup. Stagg struts and 1.5" Stagg drop springs seem to be a nice pairing, and give it a nice stance. But I REALLY love my '06 RSX 21mm rear sway. I definitely feel a difference in cornering. I am still holding off on doing any front sway setup, from all the understeer comments I've seen on here. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay on a front sway?
Old 05-16-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MassCivic
The only upgrade for our front sway is a smaller bar or none at all. I removed mine entirely and I enjoy how it feels.
That's about the way I see it. I like how she is now; I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-16-2016
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX
That's about the way I see it. I like how she is now; I'll leave it at that.
Right on, not worth spending money on.

I'll let you know if my opinion changes after I install my coilovers and rear poly bushings.

As of now, suspension wise I have poly front LCA bushings, neuspeed strut bar, rsx 21mm rear sway with poly bushings, rsx-s front struts and springs and stock rear struts/springs.