7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which header to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gudoffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Which header to buy ?

My exhaust has a broken manifold and i might as well buy headers now..

but which ones...

ebay has $70 ones and $170 ones...im confused.

i wana save my money by getting the $70 but then u know...will it even last or will i have to get the $170 ones after a month..

tell me which ones i should buy ?

and i heard the O2 sensor might break when replacing it, my civic has about 170 000 km on it...so yes?

let me know thanks.
Old 10-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Which header to buy ?

get a megan header and there are sockets designed for replacing o2 sensors but you don't really need it you'll be fine.also depending on what model you have you mite need a angled o2 sensor simulator if your cat is built into the stock header.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-01-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

what is your car exactly? what year is it? is it an lx/dx or ex? etc etc?

if you have an ex model you dont even have to worry about touching any sensor. you just undo the two bolts from the downpipe, and undo the 5 bolts that connect to the engine and swap it out.

Last edited by unTuned; 11-02-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

I have a 2001 Honda Civic Si ...

Im in canada so im guessing, it's the Ex in the States?

Not 100% sure...

but yes, i want to change it to the headers and Im confused.

Someone told me the O2 sensor might break. but not even going close to it..

I want to know which header to buy...

why meagen and not Bpp ? stuff liek that...some recommendation

Once again i have a 01 Civic Si

thanks guys
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

because a header will give you virtually no gains so you want something cheap and reliable so megan is the way to go.
Old 11-04-2009
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

I bought a cheap JVT header on ebay for like 70 bucks, and it has never done me wrong. Easy to install, and has never cracked or warped or anything. It isnt going to give you any real gains, so it doesnt really matter.
Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yes your canadian si is the american ex. what you need to look for is an 01 ex header. ignore the whole thing about an o2 sensor. you dont change or remove or even go near touching it if youre swapping a header on an 01 ex. you just unbolt it from the downpipe, and unbolt it from the engine and switch them. reset the ecu, turn the car on and without touching any pedals, let it idle for 10-15 min and shut it off. now youre good.

i have an HP 4-1 ex header, but theyre really hard to find. for price compared to quality, i would also recommend getting the megan 4-1 ex header like lowlife9 is saying. you are going to get killed for shipping to canada though. youre looking at spending at least $175USD in total. here is the cheapest one i could find at $175 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...Q5fAccessories

there is also a megan header/downpipe combo that would work perfectly if you have an exhaust system or plan to get one anytime soon. its only about $275 shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...Q5fCarQ5fParts
Old 11-06-2009
Registered!!

Exclamation Re: Which header to buy ?

oh nice. thanks for that ...

one thing...

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...HDHC0104EX.gif

The headers have a bolt on it that i believe is for the o2 sensor no ?

:S
Old 11-07-2009
Registered!!

turbo zombie is an unknown quantity at this point

correct, it's also known as an O2 sensor "bung".

my question is this, since the EX primary O2 sensor is actually in the downpipe and not the header, what are people doing with the bung, using it, or sealing it somehow? i just bought one of the ebay headers and the bolt seems like it's not going to seal well on it's own.

Last edited by turbo zombie; 11-07-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I use that bung for my wideband sensor.
Old 11-07-2009
Registered!!

that is correct, you dont have to worry about any sensors because your header on an ex model does not use a factory sensor. you dont have to worry about that bung. it stays shut, and it will be sealed properly, just make sure its torqued down. if you really want to get technical to ensure its sealed good, remove the bolt and use a crush washer and put the bolt back on. it should make it liquid/air tight. its only there incase you find some use for it later on, but its not needed, thats why it comes already closed off.

its there for exactly what ronaldo9 did. he made extra use of it by utilizing it for an aftermarket sensor which is basically why they have it there.
Old 11-08-2009
Registered!!

turbo zombie is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet, thanks for the info! didn't think about it that way.