Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Dumb Bosses...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Angry Dumb Bosses...

Okay...so I know two friends (one guy and a girl) that works at the same place. Their boss is cheating them of their money. They guy is loosing about $100 a month. And the girl is loosing like 7 hours total. And they have complained to their boss already and she just keeps making up some BS. What should they do?...I'm not only asking this question for them but I am also considering on working there too. Cuz I need the fat bank and I pretty much know that I will get the job if I apply there. thx
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

ASuave is an unknown quantity at this point
tell them to look for another job, and why do you want to work there if its very probable the boss will cheat you outta money too?
Old 09-20-2003
The Righteous

RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
After you or them addressing the boss and her not changing it to make it right, I would go to the labor board in your local area, they will do something about it or should do something about it. Make sure your two friends have all the paper proof they can get and even if you or them don't want this job anymore, do all this still to protect future employees of this company so this boss is not still ripping peeps which is so unfair.
Old 09-20-2003
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
I would think this would be more apporpriate placed in the legal and law forum. If they are being cheated out of pay, then there is definitely some labor laws being broken here. First of all, how old are they, if they are under 17 or 18 then this is definitely a labor issue. Have your friends learn the chain of command within their workplace, usually if you talk to your immediate supervisor and get no results, you can take it up with Human Resources, The Human Resource Director must insure that everyone in the workplace is being treated fairly, this includes being paid fairly. If this persists even after you talk to Human Resources, then just go another step up until it is resolved. If it doesn't get resolved internally, then you must go to the local labor board like RBABE mentioned.
Old 09-24-2003
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
what is loosing??? I have heard of losing something..but not loosing...
Old 09-24-2003
The Righteous

RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by IMURMILK1
what is loosing??? I have heard of losing something..but not loosing...
Okay, smarty pants, we gotcha!