Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

How fast are the cops

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
the cops around here will try to pull anyone over. i saw an eclipse get pulled yesterday for having a wing. I was going like 70 and he passed me pretty slowly. 2 miles later, cop + eclipse.

I just hate seeing a minivan do 90 and a civic do 70 in a 65 when the civic gets pulled and not the god damn van.

Last edited by diskreet; 05-31-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2004
207 Mod is 10-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
Originally Posted by diskreet
the cops around here will try to pull anyone over. i saw an eclipse get pulled yesterday for having a wing. I was going like 70 and he passed me pretty slowly. 2 miles later, cop + eclipse.

I just hate seeing a minivan do 90 and a civic do 70 in a 65 when the civic gets pulled and not the god damn van.

and you know the reason for the stop was because of the wing how??????
Old 06-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by WD40
The CHP has 29 (I think) '00 Camero SS's. They're all white with a low profile (2 inches high) clear light bar on top. They're real hard to distinguish. Now I not only brake for crown vics, but white cameros too.
They actually took the light bars and put them inside the cars, so there is one internal rear bar and red/blue flashers in where the headlights kind of are. VERY tough to spot. Massachusetts uses freaking volvos at times...

I was heading out to Orange on the 91W. Traffic was medium to heavy, but I had a clear run in the right lane, so I was doing about 95mph.
I grew up in Yorba Linda. The cops ALWAYS hang out at Green River, sort of by the overpass, and also by where the golf course is. At times they'll get on at green river and have one guy on the overpass running radar, another at the onramp. Coal and Gypsum canyon roads are the other places they love. Also be wary of the toll road's complex. the cops can esily drive through there and get a radar reading, then have another officer pull you over coming on at YL blvd.

I gunned it and started weaving through traffic like a jackass (I hate when people drive like that, so I try not to do it either, but this was a special circumstance). I watched him in my mirror, and he was having a hard time with traffic. I lengthened the distance to where he was out of sight and exited on Yorba Linda Blvd. From there I took surface streets all the way to Orange.
Bad times. You can't outrun a Motorola, and It's lucky that they didn't have the chopper up like they usually do, to prevent that from happening. Also, the YL Police have precisely nothing to do except issue traffic tix. If your car stands out at all, it's very easy for them to find.

That's probably the best way to ditch cops: create distance and then go hide. As long as they're not on your bumper with their lights going, you can always claim you didn't see them and that you would have immediately pulled over had they been directly behind you.
The other thing you need to remember is that by weaving in and out of traffic, whether you claim to see the flashing lites or not, is reckless endangerment, and if you are followed by a helo and continue to book it through city streets, they will nail you on every single infraction. So basically by telling everyone this, you are advocating gambling with your life, and the lives of others.

$250 ticket vs. felony stop, conviction, jailtime / parole / record.

Yes, reckless endangerment and excessive speed is a felony, added to this is the fact that if they have tape, its very easy for a judge or jury to see that, yes, you were being a dipshit and you were trying to evade.

Just my 0.02. I hate going on the 91 when people like you are around doing stupid things. If you wanna speed on the freeway, find someone whos going the speed you'd LIKE to be going, and stay 1/4 to 1/2 mile behind them. that way, when officer friendly flashes his lites, the rabbit gets the ticket.
Old 06-01-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
cops have Hummers
Old 06-01-2004
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
Originally Posted by reddawnman
They actually took the light bars and put them inside the cars, so there is one internal rear bar and red/blue flashers in where the headlights kind of are. VERY tough to spot. Massachusetts uses freaking volvos at times...
actually they are LED light bars. original poster was correct in stating they were low profile. they are clear until the switch is hit. very visible but only from certain angles unfortunatly. i dont use those, but surrounding agencies do...

ive never seen a volvo being used. some depts had them here in the 80s. anything can be used as an emergency vehicle if equipped with the right equipment.
Old 06-01-2004

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kyle4583
and you know the reason for the stop was because of the wing how??????
my dad's friend is a state police officer. they will go very far out of their way to 'nail those punks' as he says.
Old 06-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kyle4583
actually they are LED light bars. original poster was correct in stating they were low profile. they are clear until the switch is hit. very visible but only from certain angles unfortunatly. i dont use those, but surrounding agencies do...

ive never seen a volvo being used. some depts had them here in the 80s. anything can be used as an emergency vehicle if equipped with the right equipment.
Thanks for the correction, and thank you for going out every day and risking your *** so our roads are safer.

I was wondering what you thought of:

http://www.ehowa.com/mythoughts/nospeeding.shtml

Guy lives in mass, so maybe its different ont he west coast.

Oh, and go sox. I'm an angels fan myself, but it's better than the new york spankees.
Old 06-02-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
what about the corvettes, VA State Patrol use those damn things... I was like this little lamb going thru the Lions pit...

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 06-02-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2004
I hate people.

Milamber will become famous soon enough
Here in AZ they have all kinds of sh*t, but I never heard of Volvo's, that really blows.
Here they have Explorers, Expeditions, Corvettes, Camaros, Dodge Ram, Mini-Van(WTF), Grad Prix, and the list goes on.
My uncle is a cop here, and he admits that they will write up "ricers" as much as posible.
Old 06-02-2004

Originally Posted by Milamber
My uncle is a cop here, and he admits that they will write up "ricers" as much as posible.
Just making sure you all saw that the 1st time