Suspension Is In

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
KW Coilovers are good if you want to run on a track but they are lousy on normal street driving. Just ask Julian (Liljoe) or his wifey Caryn (Tofastforme)they have a blown set due to Ottawa's bumps and poor roads. If you plan on driving your car during the winter, stay away from coilovers. They will seize up on you and you will loose the option to raise and lower your car. If you STILL want to get coilovers, get something that suits your budget and if you plan on driving your car in the winter, the you have the option of removing the coilovers and re-installing your stock shocks and springs. But be prepared to fork out $100 for an alignment every time. Another option would be lowering springs. Neuspeed Sports and Goldlines are 2 popular drops within the 7thgen community. With whatever setup you go with, spend a little extra money and invest in a camber kit. I made the mistake of not getting one and I had to dish out $800 for new rubber. Do yourself a favour and pay the $160 on a camber kit (rear) the front is only like $20 and it's definately optional, but if your going to do the back, you may as well do the front to.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DnarahP
KW Coilovers are good if you want to run on a track but they are lousy on normal street driving. Just ask Julian (Liljoe) or his wifey Caryn (Tofastforme)they have a blown set due to Ottawa's bumps and poor roads. If you plan on driving your car during the winter, stay away from coilovers. They will seize up on you and you will loose the option to raise and lower your car. If you STILL want to get coilovers, get something that suits your budget and if you plan on driving your car in the winter, the you have the option of removing the coilovers and re-installing your stock shocks and springs. But be prepared to fork out $100 for an alignment every time. Another option would be lowering springs. Neuspeed Sports and Goldlines are 2 popular drops within the 7thgen community. With whatever setup you go with, spend a little extra money and invest in a camber kit. I made the mistake of not getting one and I had to dish out $800 for new rubber. Do yourself a favour and pay the $160 on a camber kit (rear) the front is only like $20 and it's definately optional, but if your going to do the back, you may as well do the front to.

Hope this helps.
He is right. But our blown strut in under warrenty and thats why they are so expensive. Also we don't drive the car in the winter. Reason.....it's a bit of a ***** to drive. Kinda like Eriks mom
Old 12-04-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Yeah yeah.... she's the talk of the town lately

Yeah the KW coilover warranty is awsome, but what sucks is having to send them out for repair and, in the meantime having to take your suspension out.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

djdust12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow thanks for all the help, I guess I'll have to wait until spring since this is the last winter I'll be heading north. Damn!