Hey

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by burnhard88
so erik, if i was goin to lower my car, all i gotta do is buy springs, and shocks/struts are not necessary unless i blow em??? if that's the case, what kinda springs would be good??? i'll prob be lookin for a 1.75 drop all around
get the neuspeed sports off ebay! 1.75 in the front, 1.5 in the back. That's what i had when i had my 18's, it was perfect!
Old 07-06-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
^ what he said
Old 07-07-2006
naz
Registered!!

naz is an unknown quantity at this point
what about for 17's?

i just put on my 17s and i have about a 2 finger gap in the back..and like a whole freakin fist full in the front..lol..its probably cuz my sub box weighs the trunk down by almost 100 lbs. I have neuspeed race springs that lower the back by 2 inches and the front by 2.25 inches. Should i just put the front ones on and leave the back? cuz it looks arright with the 2 finger gap. Or do i try and fix this sag problem? im confused as what to do..and even if i wanted to fix the sag how would i do it?
Old 07-07-2006

to fix the sag you will need to get a lighter box. I did and I notice a big difference. OR you can opt for a stiffer spring. I would just get a lighter box Naz. and if your going to install springs, don't go 50% go all the way or nothing at all. And IMO put the springs in now see what the rear looks like and then go from there. It's cheaper to replace a sub box, not suspension parts.
Old 07-16-2006
naz
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DnarahP
to fix the sag you will need to get a lighter box. I did and I notice a big difference. OR you can opt for a stiffer spring. I would just get a lighter box Naz. and if your going to install springs, don't go 50% go all the way or nothing at all. And IMO put the springs in now see what the rear looks like and then go from there. It's cheaper to replace a sub box, not suspension parts.

damn man your right. I took your advice and pulled the box out, and it raised about half an inch! thats crazyy. I asked my neighbour to build me a fiberglass box now, he said it would shed me about 40 pounds overall....

has anyone gotten a 2 inch drop in the back and a 2 1/4 in the front? is it going to rub against my 17s if i hit a bump?

p.s Thanks for the advice DnarahP!

Last edited by naz; 07-16-2006 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2006

No problem. I'm just going from experience. Those drop dimensions are for what springs?? I don't think you can get that on any springs on the market. I know Shaneer had Progress springs and he took them out because he didn't like the ride. Plus his ride was SUPER slammed. Goldlines are a 2" drop all around. If you are looking for pictures of the Goldlines, check out, Player, DDragon, or SI2NV. Norek, and myself are riding on Neuspeed sports. I don't know anyone riding on the Racing springs but I think Vitor (one of Pierre's friends) has them. If you go ANYmore than 2 inches you will definately want to purchase a camber kit for the front and rear. (another reason I went Neuspeed sports, becasue camber kits are expensive.) Oh and do yourself a favour. whenever you get your springs installed, make sure you get your alignment done a day or so after the install (so they settle) and do it with your sub box IN the trunk. I might have to get my alignment done again because of the box in my trunk, my rear tires wore bad last season. Keep us updated!
Old 07-17-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Technically Goldlines are rated as an overall 1.75 drop (versus Neuspeed Sport of 1.75 front, 1.5 rear) Neuspeed Race are rated as a drop of 2.25 front and 2 back.
As for rubbing, all depends on the wheel offset and tire size. Probably wouldn't put 215/45 - more along the lines of 215/40 or even 205/40 (for 17s)
Old 07-17-2006
Registered!!

Shaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by burnhard88
so erik, if i was goin to lower my car, all i gotta do is buy springs, and shocks/struts are not necessary unless i blow em??? if that's the case, what kinda springs would be good??? i'll prob be lookin for a 1.75 drop all around
teins....there good
Old 07-18-2006
naz
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DnarahP
No problem. I'm just going from experience. Those drop dimensions are for what springs?? I don't think you can get that on any springs on the market. I know Shaneer had Progress springs and he took them out because he didn't like the ride. Plus his ride was SUPER slammed. Goldlines are a 2" drop all around. If you are looking for pictures of the Goldlines, check out, Player, DDragon, or SI2NV. Norek, and myself are riding on Neuspeed sports. I don't know anyone riding on the Racing springs but I think Vitor (one of Pierre's friends) has them. If you go ANYmore than 2 inches you will definately want to purchase a camber kit for the front and rear. (another reason I went Neuspeed sports, becasue camber kits are expensive.) Oh and do yourself a favour. whenever you get your springs installed, make sure you get your alignment done a day or so after the install (so they settle) and do it with your sub box IN the trunk. I might have to get my alignment done again because of the box in my trunk, my rear tires wore bad last season. Keep us updated!
hey man, i have those exact same rims you used to have on, the Konig Verdicts, my tires are Wanli 215 45 17..what was yours? too bad one of my rims is bent :S...i need to get that fixed asap

But yeah, the springs i got are neuspeed Race, so they give a 2.25 inch drop in the front and 2 in the back... i even have the camber kit..im just too chicken to install it cuz i dont want it scraping...or plowing snow in the winter time. So basically they'd be a quarter of an inch lower than what you have on your car i guess. If you had a 45 profile on those 17s..how much of a gap did it leave between the body and tire?

thanks alot for this help man i really appreciate it.
Old 07-18-2006

Well when I had my 17's the shop sold me 40 series tires (I didn't know a thing about tires/rims) So I assumed it would look fine. (I had big wheel gap STILL with my 17's.) with the drop you have and with the 45's you should be ok. I had 215/40/17 on my car and the rubber was Falkon ZE5??? I know Whitehalf has the same tires as I did and he likes them.
Old 07-18-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
He might be rubbing with 215/45s on that low of a drop - meaning he might need to roll his rear fenders. Basically only one way to figure out for sure, but my money would be on that slight issue. (though of course, the three people I know that needed to (on that tire size) are on coilovers and might be more than 2" (Landin, myself and another Montrealer))
Old 07-19-2006

Plus he has that sub box in the trunk. You might want to consider rolin the fenders if the rear tires tuck. The last thing you want is for the tires to blow due to fender rubbing.