Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006
naz
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
naz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey

Hey guys,

im new to this forum and just wanted to say whats upp. I live in the west end and drive a silver 04 si. Dont have any performance mods on my car yet just a sound system in it.

What do you guys all drive?
Old 06-20-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Hey Naz!

Welcome to the site! I think you'll find that we're a great and helpful bunch of people! So if you ever have an questions or need any help for anything don't be shy! By the way, we usually meet every friday night in front of the wind tunnel at the airport, hand out there for about an hour or so, go to dinner, and after that we head off to M&M (merivale and meadowlands) where every friday night there are big car meets... all sorts, domestic and imports. just check out the Friday Night thread at the top!

I used to drive a 2k2 Si Veloz, but recently sold it and got a 93 240sx... As you can see, i still hang around this forum cause the people here are awesome! And i can still somewhat be useful for helping out when installing some mods... he he
Old 06-20-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Welcome dude!

Yea you should come out some time on Friday, it's always good to meet new ppl
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey welcome to 7thgen. Its great to have new members.
Old 06-20-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum, I really wish I had a sound system I've owned 3 cars to date and none of them have even had a cd player in them. I drive a tercel, and every full moon a white laser.
Old 06-20-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
^ what happened to the van?

Naz, welcome to 7thgen dude.
Old 06-20-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

i crashed it a lot of times, it was rwd.... lol I had my share of drifting it into/threw/over/under whatever was unplowed on my road during the winter, then sold it for 200$.
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

Shaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome
Old 06-22-2006
naz
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SuperFishy
i crashed it a lot of times, it was rwd.... lol I had my share of drifting it into/threw/over/under whatever was unplowed on my road during the winter, then sold it for 200$.
haha my first car was a rwd van too. It was a 92 Mazda MPV. I had alot of fun with that in the winter, i beat the crap out of that car and it took everything i gave it without a fuss.

as for the sound system...i blew my phoenix gold 800 watt amp ..now it sounds like ****
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Lol, same van here too, except a 93, until the engine crapped out.
Old 06-25-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

mine was a 92, with the crappy 2.6L 4 banger. Nothing on it worked, asides from the head on collisions with a few large rocks and an assortment of other things that dont move when you hit them, it was really tough :P
Old 06-27-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man... welcome to the site!!! i drive an '02 civic si in eternal blue... only mods are a cat-back exhaust system, black tyc projectors with PIAA bulbs, and 18" motegi mr7's in gunmetal... i'm around the west end all the time... i'll keep an eye out for your ride... once again, welcome
Old 06-28-2006
naz
Registered!!

thanks for the welcome man...yeah i live in kanata but im always at carleton university, so you'r probably more likely to see my car around campus or near the bank/heron area. I'll keep an eye out for your ride too, how do you like the 18s on the ride? did you get it lowered?
Old 06-28-2006
I Love Lamp

i love the 18's man... they look so pimp on the ride... i haven't lowered my car yet... still debating if i should go shock, spring, strut route, or go the coilover route
Old 06-28-2006

^ Don't be a ***. Get springs.
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

Shaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^^^^why....get coilovers....springs and stock struts suck.nuf said
Old 06-28-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the site. i drive a silver 01 with a carbon fibre hood. I drive pass carelton every afternoon around 4pm-6pm. See you around
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by naz
thanks for the welcome man...yeah i live in kanata but im always at carleton university, so you'r probably more likely to see my car around campus or near the bank/heron area. I'll keep an eye out for your ride too, how do you like the 18s on the ride? did you get it lowered?

What does your car look like, Im also at CU, but off for the summer.
Old 06-29-2006
naz
Registered!!

my car looks stock, its an 04 civic SiG coupe in silver, you'll always see it in front of the unicentre, i park it right out front all the time, like in the place where there is only room for 4 spots right outside architecture. Its got tints, but when you come back in september it will have 17 inch konig verdicts and be lowered by 2 inches hopefully.

Does anyone know where i can get my springs and camber kit installed here, really good and cheap?
Old 06-29-2006
I Love Lamp

interesting... well, the thing with coilovers is the ability to raise and lower, however, i probably won't drive the car in the winter, so i am might as well off to go shock/spring/strut
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by naz
my car looks stock, its an 04 civic SiG coupe in silver, you'll always see it in front of the unicentre, i park it right out front all the time, like in the place where there is only room for 4 spots right outside architecture. Its got tints, but when you come back in september it will have 17 inch konig verdicts and be lowered by 2 inches hopefully.

Does anyone know where i can get my springs and camber kit installed here, really good and cheap?

I'll keep an eye out for your vic.

Originally Posted by burnhard88
interesting... well, the thing with coilovers is the ability to raise and lower, however, i probably won't drive the car in the winter, so i am might as well off to go shock/spring/strut
It doesnt matter that much in the winter, only when there is like a foot of snow, your gonna be plowing it.
Old 06-29-2006

Originally Posted by Shaneer
^^^^^^^^why....get coilovers....springs and stock struts suck.nuf said

Thats your own personal opinion Shane. I've been driving on that for 3 years no problems. Some people don't have the money for coilovers, and if they DID then you wouldn't be able to drive in the winter b/c they would seize. Unless you forked out $2400 for KW's. Last time I checked most people didn't have a money tree in their backyard If you just want a nice drop and don't want to raise and lower your car, then get springs. If you have some extra money left over, then you can purchse a nice set of shocks/struts. But IMO you don't need them unless your struts blow. If you own coilovers and keep your care at the SAME height all the time it's a watse of money IMO.

Edit: By the way did I mention (Charles i saw your post) if your shocks are not blown there is NO point in getting new shocks. Why waste the money?

Last edited by EŽik; 06-29-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
lol. Erik always gets so defensive
Old 06-29-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DnarahP
Thats your own personal opinion Shane. I've been driving on that for 3 years no problems. Some people don't have the money for coilovers, and if they DID then you wouldn't be able to drive in the winter b/c they would seize. Unless you forked out $2400 for KW's. Last time I checked most people didn't have a money tree in their backyard If you just want a nice drop and don't want to raise and lower your car, then get springs. If you have some extra money left over, then you can purchse a nice set of shocks/struts. But IMO you don't need them unless your struts blow. If you own coilovers and keep your care at the SAME height all the time it's a watse of money IMO.

Edit: By the way did I mention (Charles i saw your post) if your shocks are not blown there is NO point in getting new shocks. Why waste the money?
You have a very good point. BUT if you don't mind buying used car parts it cuts down the cost of things. My KW's were not that expensive and I also keep my ride height the same but it is nice to have the option there. If all you want is to lower your car and thats it then just go with what DnarahP said. If you have the money and want to be able to have more control over your ride height then go for the coilovers. Also shop around and you can usually find what you want used and for a pretty good price. Most of the things on my car were bought off people we knew. Well not people...more like Jim the only things that were bought used from people that we didn't know were the hood and turbo. that just my 2 cents. You wanna mod your car and don't have a money tree then buy used. As far as getting the work done some people on the site may be willing to help you out and do it with you. As far as shops go I am not to sure. There is a DIY section on the site and I am sure there is one for lowering your car. Why not try doing it yourself?
Old 07-03-2006

Originally Posted by NoiSe
lol. Erik always gets so defensive
Old 07-04-2006
naz
Registered!!

hey guys, speaking of drops. Do you think that 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back will be too low? and im going to keep the stock struts on it for now so do you think its going drive like crap?

where did you guys all get your cars lowered from?
Old 07-04-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by naz
hey guys, speaking of drops. Do you think that 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back will be too low? and im going to keep the stock struts on it for now so do you think its going drive like crap?

where did you guys all get your cars lowered from?
Most of us just do it ourselves... it's not that hard to change the springs
Old 07-04-2006

depending on the amount of rust on the bolts
Old 07-05-2006
naz
Registered!!

im not worried about that as much as i am about the camber kit, and adjusting it and such, i have no idea how to do that
Old 07-06-2006
I Love Lamp

so erik, if i was goin to lower my car, all i gotta do is buy springs, and shocks/struts are not necessary unless i blow em??? if that's the case, what kinda springs would be good??? i'll prob be lookin for a 1.75 drop all around

Quick Reply: Hey