Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Help- Built engine makes less power than before (dyno graph)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Help- Built engine makes less power than before (dyno graph)

lol ncie fosho .. im sure u made a good purchase too with the way u jus described it ... with 150 u couldve also gone with the Y8 manifold which is proven 400whp applications and like my machine shop said "its a solid manifold" u don't have to dump a 1000 and buy a JDM fabtech .. i didn't, .. i am next summer when i go bigger turbo, and EL manifold. I want 350 @ wheels with no restriction and reliably..

With that said and done .. can anyone help me out by telling me the exact specs of our dezod turbo that came in the v3 kit ... i know its a t3/t4 but there's ones that go from 250-600 whp t3/t4 lol
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well I actually have several d16 intake manifolds/engines sitting around. I just don't want to put a d16 manifold on. No thanks. My kms intake fits like stock w/ no modification. It also matches up w/ my throttle body & all cables. still can keep my cruise control too.

I got the upgraded precision turbo t3/t4 50 trim......I get ya the a/f's when I get home. Very very similiar to the one andyman is trying to sell....and he is just now getting rid of it. For the power I'm looking for I don't think I will every upgrade. Definitely 300whp capable.

Last edited by FoSho; 06-19-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

fosho .. since u have so many d16 intake mani's will u ship one to me if i pay shipping ? i really need one, how much was it to upgrade to the 50 trim
Old 06-24-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

how much ya offering.....engine & manifold are still in a car....I'd have to go out to my junk yard & pull it.

Paul actually upgraded my turbo for free great guy! i think he said it was like a $100 upgrade...not sure though. Over a year ago.....

As far as a 50 trim goes.....my other project car is a 1993 civic w/ b16a2 built turbo.....didn't have room for a turbo upgrade so we are still using the shitty 50 trim the drag turbo kit comes with. It is still going strong and we maxed her out around 20-21 psi....made just over 390whp......bigger turbo easy 400's!!!! No cams, no headwork...just rods,piston, & equal length. So you seee.....a shitty little 50 trim is all you need for at least 300whp........That is very respectible for a d17...not to mention plenty for the street!

Last edited by FoSho; 06-24-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

how much can u get me the y8 intake mani TB and fuel rail ? ill give u 100 shipped .. wats the turbo I have that came with the dezod kit ?? wat are the specs ? is it good for 300 whp?
Old 07-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Update on first post
Old 07-09-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Start simple. Check your compression. That would have been the first thing I did if I wasn't making power. Also check your valve lash and make sure it's to spec for the cam you're running.

Take it all the way back to the basics.
Old 07-09-2008
Registered!!

u still haven't figured out whats wrong with it ??? man im telling u .. go stand alone with a return and 750cc injectors and ull make 300s
Old 07-09-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ****, I just re-realized he's on a ****ing piggyback. /Help
Old 01-12-2009
Registered!!

Devin Eaton is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you run a compression test cause dam unless you broke a ring or have to much gap on your bearings then i don't honestly know how that is possible.
Old 01-13-2009
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Dyno differences, tuning and weather conditions could yield some of the power changes. Care to post up the entire mod list before and after?