General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Want some info on CAI vs SRI?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
se7en is an unknown quantity at this point
Want some info on CAI vs SRI?

I am new to the forums but love the site. I have a green coupe that I throw all my money in and want the best parts for. I always see arguments about whether CAI or SRI's are more effective. I was looking at the Injen CAI, AEM CAI, and the Weapon R SRI. Of course I am not an expert on this subject, but I was curious about the difference in air temp between the SRI and the CAI. I mounted a device which takes 2 second temperature readings in my factory intake and measured a 14 hour interval during my nightly riding. I will mount the device where the CAI cone would sit and measure that tommorrow night. I will have graphs of the two readings available on my website and you can view the differences in each. Engines stay hot. If the temp of the air will have a huge HP gain, I am not sure. If someone reading this knows, please reply. If someone knows which of those three intakes would provide the most HP gains, please post that too.

[hr]

se7en
Old 11-12-2001
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool man!! Props to ya!! Doin some serious research!! Post the results, there will be lots of anxious members waiting to see which intake gave the coolest 'charge' of air.
Old 11-12-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Both will provide good gains......if you get a CAI, you are looking at 1-2 more horses over the Short Ram versions.
I don't know much about the weapon R intake, but I would go with the Injen or AEM, and out of those two, the AEM.
A short ram will give you more power in the higher RPMs, and the CAI will add more power at the lower rpm ranges.
It's all a personnal preference......you won't be disappointed in any of them, they all do about the same thing...suck in air.
Old 11-12-2001
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Cooler air is denser, so you get more air in the combustion chamber if you keep it cooler. This won't make your engine run cooler. On the LT1 engines we put a 140 degree thermostat to make the engine actually cooler. For those engines that helps. I don't know what a cooler thermostat would do for a Honda.