Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Powersteering Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Powersteering Cooler

Anyone know where to get one? Just installed one on my buddies 350z and you cna see the difference. Its not a big difference but i still would like to do one any help would be appericated.
Old 03-19-2008
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Powersteering Cooler

lots of cars use them stock. I know off hand dodge caravan uses one in late 90's+ just saw one today on a car i was working on. Im sure it could be adapted to work on a civic
Old 03-20-2008
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

i know it can just need help with which one.
Old 03-20-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly Phil, it's the same concept as adding anything inline of the PS system. Find a tranny cooler at the pick 'n pull, tap into the line that feeds the rack from the pump and run the cooler in-line of that. It would just a matter of finding a place to mount the cooler. IDK, that's what I would do if I were fabbing it up.
Old 03-23-2008
Registered!!

lemac will become famous soon enough

speedfoos correct. Just finding a place to mount and making sure you have a leak free connection, I would recommend using high pressure fittings or barbed fitting will do.
Old 03-23-2008
Registered!!

lemac will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lemac
speedfoos correct. Just finding a place to mount and making sure you have a leak free connection, I would recommend using high pressure fittings or barbed fitting will do.
just noticed you asked where to get one. lol sorry I'm sure a tranny cooler would yeild the same if not more sufficient cooling.
Old 03-23-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what effect does cooling the ps fluid have?
Old 03-23-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lemac

You need 2500 PSI lines for the pressurized PS lines. Its more than just a barbed fitting. Russell makes lines, but you're better off going and having crimped hydraulic lines made.
Old 03-23-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
what effect does cooling the ps fluid have?
it cools it

Depending on the tires and the abuse, the PS fluid will bubble and froth up. My friend was able to do it after two autox runs.
Old 03-26-2008
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough

my eps runs really cool
Old 03-26-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

waste of cash and you run the risk of leaks.
save your money for a caravan since they come OEM with them.

but here is one on ebay that you might want to try since it is a honda peice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-H...spagenameZWDVW

or a smaller 1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C6AA-...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 03-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Unless you race or tow alot you have absolutely no need for one!