Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Here's what I've been up to.....Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
damn i wanna see turboengr's dyno when his motor is broken in, hahaha. it would put some cars to shame.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

asian relic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
nice
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
looking good andyma97
Old 06-02-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Supermex
the highest I have seen proof of was hector's dyno of like 250-ish whp.

You dam right, still the higest with the FIRST build D17 that works!

And untill you show me yours at 350 whp with your engine working not breaking
YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO TAKE A SHOT AT ME

Oh, and you are welcome for the information on notching the cylinder walls, the correct ARP head stud part # and the piston part #, yes, Race Enginieering use my D17 block to develop the Wiseco pistons you are so convently using now the part #was posted on this site years ago by me.

All hands on, building my own engine, doing research, even taking a step by step pictures and sharing it with you.
You should be thankfull.

Heck
First of all, all I've seen out of you is talk. Yeah, you made little over 250 whp with a fully built block, not even 10 more whp than I did with a completely STOCK block and that was with a MUSTANG dyno, so that number isn't even accurate anyways. And if you knew anything about my previous setup, you'd know that my car wasn't down because the motor couldn't handle the power, there was another factor involved.

As far as the pistons go, don't flatter yourself. These aren't the pistons you are using, nor were they developed around your setup, they weren't from race engineering and they aren't even the same compression ratio.

As for the notching of the block, whoopty doo, your engine isn't the first honda engine to require notching for rod clearance, hate to burst your bubble there. In fact, I've seen crower rods for d17's not actually require notching, I put the rods in and checked the clearances myself.

You built your own engine? Funny, I remember reading in your thread that your SHOP built the engine and you spent a whole day polishing it AFTER you got it back. I'm sorry but polishing the outside of a block hardly qualifies as building a motor.

And yes, for the headstuds, you did post the right part number, OMG, you are so awesome for that, how can I ever repay you

So, I can take a shot at you if I please. Back your post up with some facts and then talk.....
Old 06-02-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
good luck on the work, post up some more pics when you can.
Old 06-02-2006

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by andyman97
First of all, all I've seen out of you is talk. Yeah, you made little over 250 whp with a fully built block, not even 10 more whp than I did with a completely STOCK block and that was with a MUSTANG dyno, so that number isn't even accurate anyways. And if you knew anything about my previous setup, you'd know that my car wasn't down because the motor couldn't handle the power, there was another factor involved.

As far as the pistons go, don't flatter yourself. These aren't the pistons you are using, nor were they developed around your setup, they weren't from race engineering and they aren't even the same compression ratio.

As for the notching of the block, whoopty doo, your engine isn't the first honda engine to require notching for rod clearance, hate to burst your bubble there. In fact, I've seen crower rods for d17's not actually require notching, I put the rods in and checked the clearances myself.

You built your own engine? Funny, I remember reading in your thread that your SHOP built the engine and you spent a whole day polishing it AFTER you got it back. I'm sorry but polishing the outside of a block hardly qualifies as building a motor.

And yes, for the headstuds, you did post the right part number, OMG, you are so awesome for that, how can I ever repay you

So, I can take a shot at you if I please. Back your post up with some facts and then talk.....

Whoa Whoa! Andy your my boy and all but Im going to have to say your out of line. Super Mex mad that 2xx on a mustang dyno, it was partly cloudy, The winds were out of the NE @ 12mph, The humidity was 15% and the moss was growing on the east side of the tree outside. When you factor that in Times E = Mc2 then it equals 307 whp. Duh.

I mean dam How else do you think he pulled off a 15.00 @96mph and a 14.40@97

He is your daddy and fathers day is coming up in a few weeks so you better send him some slippers.

Gosh! Freakin Idiot!
Old 06-02-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
nice... can't wait till my block is done... you should get a turbo cam(lol) it will help alot
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by andyman97

Not to continue the arguement, your so called dezod specs pistons are THE SAME as race engineering, why? because they are made by wiseco. If you call wiseco they'll tell you to go to race engineering for d17a pistons.
Old 06-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DIZZLE
Not to continue the arguement, your so called dezod specs pistons are THE SAME as race engineering, why? because they are made by wiseco. If you call wiseco they'll tell you to go to race engineering for d17a pistons.
We are a WD for Wiseco and the pistons were made to OUR specs with respect to compression, dome, skirt design and such. So please get your facts straight.

BTW Dizzle, if you have such a problem with everything and anything involving this company please speak your peace to me here, via PM or over the phone. I am getting a little tired of your condescending, cynical, incorrect remarks and stabs regarding several things. It is getting old. Let's get it all open here.

Last edited by dezod; 06-02-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
well ANDY, i cant wait to see what your car can do..exciting! As for dezod, i think they do a pretty dam good job down there. he helped me out alot, and got everything done like he said. good guy, good company, and i will continue to buy all parts from him!

thanks again Paul!
Old 06-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by exturbo6
well ANDY, i cant wait to see what your car can do..exciting! As for dezod, i think they do a pretty dam good job down there. he helped me out alot, and got everything done like he said. good guy, good company, and i will continue to buy all parts from him!

thanks again Paul!
Thanks Steve! Glad we gotcha all taken care of.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
So correct me if im wrong, but Andy are you using the stock sleeves? I may have missed that in your posts but i didnt see a pic of them...

Good luck with the build man.
Old 06-02-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Dezod = Awesome suport for D17's ....... Andyman on the other hand you dont make for a very good representative of Dezod in the way that you present yourself. I aplaud you andy in your goal and hope that you make it. But IMO you shouldnt be so abbrasive torwards others when you are a sponsored representative of Dezod. It could refelect on Dezod's business. And i also applaud Hector in his progression of the D17. Cant we stop arguing about, WHO killed WHO, and just get along ....
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dezod
We are a WD for Wiseco and the pistons were made to OUR specs with respect to compression, dome, skirt design and such. So please get your facts straight.

BTW Dizzle, if you have such a problem with everything and anything involving this company please speak your peace to me here, via PM or over the phone. I am getting a little tired of your condescending, cynical, incorrect remarks and stabs regarding several things. It is getting old. Let's get it all open here.

I like i said im not trying to argue here...........Fact is call Wiseco, they will direct you to Race engineering for d17a pistons. I was told by a rep from wiseco this is the reason they ARE NOT listed in the wiseco catalog.

If you did get them from Wiseco, all R&D was done by Race Engineering like Supermex said earlier

Last edited by DIZZLE; 06-02-2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Andy is not the first time you start shis in here dude.
You took an uncalled shoot at me.
You are not a good rep for your sponsors man as someone mention earlier.

You have no idea of my involbement with my engine build up so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

Dezod I don't mean to argue the point with you but here is the Wiseco Piston part # XT- 519P76 76mm 9:01
Wiseco 75mm pistons XT-51975 (stock size)
given to me by Racing Engieneeering I dealt with John out in Fort Wales, I made the drive there my self to deliver the piston and my bare block, as a matter a fact they still have that piston is a set of four of my spare engine.

I could be wrong Dezod and I mean no disrespect you run a very reputable business in the 7thgen comunnity and as long as they make them for our D17 and the envelope is always pushing to see how far we can take it is all good to me.
But your boy sure likes to talk some shis and is not the first time.
Bad for business.
Old 06-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by DIZZLE
I like i said im not trying to argue here...........Fact is call Wiseco, they will direct you to Race engineering for d17a pistons. I was told by a rep from wiseco this is the reason they ARE NOT listed in the wiseco catalog.

If you did get them from Wiseco, all R&D was done by Race Engineering like Supermex said earlier
Not quite.

If you want to think that, go ahead. We had to fill out a rather intense spec sheet form, and jump through some hoops to get ours made the way we want......whatever. I am not going to argue either.

Dezod I don't mean to argue the point with you but here is the Wiseco Piston part # XT- 519P76 76mm 9:01
given to me by Racing Engieneeering I dealt with John out in Fort Wales, I made the drive there my self to deliver the piston and my bare block, as a matter a fact they still have that piston is a set of four of my spare engine.

I could be wrong Dezod and I mean no disrespect you run a very reputable business in the 7thgen comunnity and as long as they make them for our D17 and the envelope is always pushing to see how far we can take it is all good to me.
Hec, that is not the part number I have here, and we have a different design that RE. Trust me. Anyway....................

Last edited by dezod; 06-02-2006 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Andy is not the first time you start shis in here dude.
You took an uncalled shoot at me.
You are not a good rep for your sponsors man as someone mention earlier.

You have no idea of my involbement with my engine build up so I'm not going to waste my time with you.

But your boy sure likes to talk some shis and is not the first time.
Bad for business.
I am NOT dezod motorsports. Trust me, Dezod's business doesn't depend on you and when a company sponsors a car, they're sposnsoring the car, not the attitude of the driver. My personal opinions don't represent them, they don't own me, etc.

Sorry you felt I took a jab, hector, but make some claims with some backup next time, that's all I'm saying. As far as your build, I wasn't there, I don't know firsthand but I did read your posts and all you did was polish the motor, by your own post, so I wouldn't try arguing that point, either.

Don't point the finger at me for talking crap, you're doing the same thing.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Hey andy whats up. Glad to see things are coming along. Dont touch the head!!! lol I had a few people look at one of mine and they frowned on fawking with it. I just polished the combustion chambers and deburred the few tiny casting lines that were there per advise of a good friend with lots of CH experience. He said there were improvements to be made but that it may take a few trys (heads) to make a good street-ported setup. I have built a handfull of honda motors as well as dozens of sloppy domestic motors so if you need any advise you got my number. My shortblock is built, has been for months. Its still sitting undercover in my kitchen, haha.

Oh I read a comment about stock sleeves. I have heard claims and seen a few setups of stock sohc sleeves handing 350+ whp with block guards and proper tuning.
Old 06-04-2006
Turbo Guru

Cool, thanks man. Yeah, I may be calling u, lol. But as far as the sleeves, I've seen over 350 without anything but pistons and rods. I'll see what she does... Oh and, you need to get me some vinyl man, royal blue!
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with the comment that Dezod has awsome D17 support, and that Paul is cool, that is why it was a no brainer on who to buy a turbo kit from. As for the trash talking, well i think its fun shows that both ppl care about thier cars and want to back it up.