Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

FYI: Dezod D17 Stage I turbo kits are on the shelf

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
how long is this VP kit going to be available for?
Old 09-10-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
how long is this VP kit going to be available for?
If popular enough, forever.

We just introduced this last week. It will run for 6 months and go from there.
Old 09-10-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
awesome because i should have the money in six months or less. depends on how good i do at saving my $$$
Old 09-10-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
awesome because i should have the money in six months or less. depends on how good i do at saving my $$$
That is the hardest part.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

PANMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I visited yoursight. I must say that i am qutit impressed with the setup. Especially the port location on the manifold. I also read the dyno results. It says that the 01 ex has a 63% increase on hp, but it was an automatic. And that 5 speed manuals should expect 15-25% more increase. How true is this? I own a 2003 LX sedan, 5 speed. Stock Horse power is 115. Now with a 63% increase, that will take me to about 188 hp. Now with 15-25% added to it because i have a 5 speed, is it safe to say that my moderately modded engine will hit around 204-216 HP?
Old 09-12-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say around 180 to the wheels with great tuning.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
I'd say around 180 to the wheels with great tuning.
Now it also says that you have the option of a t3 or t3/t4 hybrid. My goal is to hit about 225hp. I will have an abundant amount of money around february to blow on pimpin the ride. So you think that 180hp is the top i would see with this kit?? But what about all the hoop la on the advertisement?
Old 09-12-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by PANMAN
Now it also says that you have the option of a t3 or t3/t4 hybrid. My goal is to hit about 225hp. I will have an abundant amount of money around february to blow on pimpin the ride. So you think that 180hp is the top i would see with this kit?? But what about all the hoop la on the advertisement?
LOL

180whp could be seen on a T3 Super 60 on a little tuning @ 8 PSI

180whp could be seen on a T3/T4 hybrid on a little tuning @ 6 PSI or so

225whp is ascertainable with higher boost levels. Not a problem for the T3/T4. That turbo is pretty efficient to 14-15 PSI.

I own a 2003 LX sedan, 5 speed. Stock Horse power is 115. Now with a 63% increase, that will take me to about 188 hp.....
The 115 is crank rated HP, not whp. Therefore, your whp level is circa 100whp or so because of drivetrain loss. (According to Honda) The auto sees more loss from crank to the wheel because of the transmission. Auto EX sees approx 30% drivetrain loss compared to the Manual transmission 10-20% loss in power between the crank and the wheels.

The 63% increase on the T3 would bring you at about 163whp @ PSI.

Last edited by dezod; 09-12-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
LOL

180whp could be seen on a T3 Super 60 on a little tuning @ 8 PSI

180whp could be seen on a T3/T4 hybrid on a little tuining @ 6 PSI or so

225whp is ascertainable with higher boost levels. Not a problem for the T3/T4. That turbo is pretty efficient to 14-15 PSI.
But I would really have to upgrade the internals for 14-15 PSI. I really want to stay around 7-9 psi for the time being. Out of curiosity... if i was to get the t3/t4, i could hit 200 whp with about 9-10 psi? and correct me if i am wrong, but the t3/t4 has the t3 inducer and the t4 exducer, right?
Old 09-12-2005
7thgen Power Maker

But I would really have to upgrade the internals for 14-15 PSI. I really want to stay around 7-9 psi for the time being. Out of curiosity... if i was to get the t3/t4, i could hit 200 whp with about 9-10 psi? and correct me if i am wrong, but the t3/t4 has the t3 inducer and the t4 exducer, right?
14-15 PSI would def require rods & pistons at the bare mininum.

The T3/T4 could easily bring you to the 200whp at 8-10 PSI. Tuning and octane play a role on this too.

The T3/T4 is a T3 inlet exhaust housing & a T4 Compressor housing.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Like I said, I am quite impressed with the setup. I am definately considering this kit. But I cant get it until i return to the states. Ill have about 15 g's to blow on the car when i get back. Is there by any chance that you will have some dyno results for this kit when applied to the 03 d17a1? and also... is the front bumper the only thing that really needs to be fabricated? I am the hands on type of guy, and there is no satisfaction better than knowing that you did all the mods yourself.
Old 09-12-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Like I said, I am quite impressed with the setup. I am definately considering this kit. But I cant get it until i return to the states. Ill have about 15 g's to blow on the car when i get back. Is there by any chance that you will have some dyno results for this kit when applied to the 03 d17a1? and also... is the front bumper the only thing that really needs to be fabricated? I am the hands on type of guy, and there is no satisfaction better than knowing that you did all the mods yourself.
Results hopefully will be posted by then.

As far as fab work:

*RSX injectors need studs to be lengthened on stock fuwl rail

*Front bumper needs trimming for FMIC

*Charge Piping may have to be trimmed 1-2" in some spots thanks Honda making small changes to the thickness and layout to the vehicle, which made us have to over state our charge piping by 1-2" in some places to make sure we fit all the way up to 2005 Civics.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

The only thing i wouldnt want to mess with is the fuel rail. all that other stuff can be done with a simple saw and a rotary tool. Keep with the posts and if all goes well i will be a customer in less than 5 or 6 months. (Military deployments suck, but the money is awesome)
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah they do. You on Fort Cartoon aka Carson Panman? There are a good number of 7th gen people in CO.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Yep Ft. Carson. Will be for the next 889 days. Hopefully ill be back there around february. And yea, theres alot of imports around there. Thats one of the reasons i dont want to drive a stock civic n e more. Know what i mean?
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

Yup. I used to be a regular at the N. Academy blvd Shell station by Briargate mall. Just watch out cause the cops bust people on Academy for modified exhausts.
Old 09-13-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by gangrel138
Yup. I used to be a regular at the N. Academy blvd Shell station by Briargate mall. Just watch out cause the cops bust people on Academy for modified exhausts.
That's a shame. Nothing else better to do than to harass a troop.
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

Is it the Shell that was next next to best buy. Its right next to the chapel hills mall
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

That's what I meant. Chapel hills mall. It's on Briargate blvd and Academy. Always get the names mixed up. Too much good German Weisbier will do that to a person.
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

by any chabce did you ever have any work done by any of the local performance shops in the springs. if so, which one is the best? i bought a couple of parts from speed workz by city hall but thats about it.
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

Speed workz overcharges. Did all my work myself at the autocraft center on post. It takes 30 minutes to get qualified there and the bays are cheap. Price is like $2-3 an hour, they have all the tools, and the mechanics can point you in the right direction if you are having trouble.
Old 09-17-2005
Registered!!

Do they have mechanics there all the time, or are you talking about the line troops mechanics?