Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

A New HICUP to stump the panel. RSX Injectors + boosted Civic + Missing Link=CEL....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hwoody77 can only hope to improve

RSX Injectors were flow-tested at 340CCs...
Old 08-19-2004
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MadWheel
The map sees boost when you make boost. It's just within tolerance for the ECU. At about 8.2-8.5psi I would have fuel cut due the MAP sensor.

So yeah, you can run 8psi with out a missing link. But Yvette has a missing link now (or at least I know she ordered one).
Mine didnt start to freak out until a little over 9psi. So we left it at 8 till i could get my hands on one.
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpdRcrChk
Mine didnt start to freak out until a little over 9psi. So we left it at 8 till i could get my hands on one.
I shoudl have some commin in sometime today. IF UPS doesn't FRUCK up again.
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hwoody77
RSX Injectors were flow-tested at 340CCs...
Are you sure?

I'll have to look up my sheets from when I got them flow tested.
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve

Didn't Opto get them flow-tested at that? Or maybe it was 320cc?
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hwoody77
Didn't Opto get them flow-tested at that? Or maybe it was 320cc?
340cc's @ 45 PSI.....
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by opto_isolator
340cc's @ 45 PSI.....
Where did you have them tested Opto?
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

canadian2k1si is on a distinguished road
I had mine cleaned & Flow tested at Cruzin Performance for like $56 Shipped, these were my results:

To convert from lb/hr to cc/min, simply multiply the lb/hr by 10.5.

So for mine the average was 31.39 * 10.5 = 329cc

But Opto got 340cc? What would the difference be?

If you are going to be adjusting the fuel pressure, you can use the following formula to calculate the approximate fuel flow when adjusting the fuel pressure up or down:

new flow rate = (rated flow) * square root of(new fuel pressure/rated fuel
pressure)
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Canadian2k1SI
I had mine cleaned & Flow tested at Cruzin Performance for like $56 Shipped, these were my results:

Here are my results
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX INJ.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	36441  
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

That seems to be about 323cc on average then. Seems to be differences, or is it in the way they were tested?
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

That seems to be about 323cc on average then. Seems to be differences, or is it in the way they were tested?
It would be safe to say they are 320CC injectors. Error margin is in the users favor if more.
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
It would be safe to say they are 320CC injectors. Error margin is in the users favor if more.

But mine were closer to 330, and Opto's seem to be closer to 340 I think?
Old 08-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

But mine were closer to 330, and Opto's seem to be closer to 340 I think?
Yours may have had less mileage and such.....Anyway, OPTO's are a different story, his were flow tested at 340 @ 45 PSI, yours and mine were only done at 43.5 PSI.

Ours are a closer comparison because Ibid Ereubus (Sure I butchered the spelling).
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dezod
Yours may have had less mileage and such.....Anyway, OPTO's are a different story, his were flow tested at 340 @ 45 PSI, yours and mine were only done at 43.5 PSI.

Ours are a closer comparison because Ibid Ereubus (Sure I butchered the spelling).
Here
Old 08-25-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
so was there finally a solution? is it still throwing the cel?
Old 08-25-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
so was there finally a solution? is it still throwing the cel?
Read the Honda-Tech E-Manage Hack. Thats what is causing it.
Old 08-25-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
So you got it working and no cel and the injectors in and running fine?
Old 08-25-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
So you got it working and no cel and the injectors in and running fine?
yes sir. I had another CEL, but it had nothing at all to do with the injectors. It was a delayed O2 sensor reading because we relocated one of the sensors to use a wideband for tuning purposes. I just put it back to where it was prior.
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

So Dezod is this the correct fix for using RSX Injectors & E-manage to get normal idle, and not the CEL, before tuning of course:

With the Injector correction feature not being used.
Old 08-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

So Dezod is this the correct fix for using RSX Injectors & E-manage to get normal idle, and not the CEL, before tuning of course:

With the Injector correction feature not being used.
For the most part, yes. I'd also recommend putting the same in cells for 1000 rpm & 1500 rpm for uber cold starts
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

What about the 100rpm, should that be included too? What is Uber?

Rpm Scale-> 0 100 1000 1500 2000 2500, etc

or

Rpm Scale-> 0 500 1000 1500 2000 2500, etc?
Old 08-29-2004
7thgen Power Maker

What about the 100rpm, should that be included too? What is Uber?

Rpm Scale-> 0 100 1000 1500 2000 2500, etc

or

Rpm Scale-> 0 500 1000 1500 2000 2500, etc?
uber means very

yes, 1000 rpms @ the same 2 throttle position points there as 0% throttle.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Bear with me here, so perhaps like this:

Or would this one be more appropriate to match better with the other maps, or are they the same?

Do they both represent 42% additional air between 0-3% throttle position and 0-1999 rpm?

Or is the rpm transition more linear by adjusting between 1500 and 2000? Example @ 1750 rpm it would be either 42% or 21% depending how e-manage averages it, my guess is that it would be 21% for smoother transitions between different values on the map.
Old 08-29-2004
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
have u even got a base map at all so far, i didnt read all this, anyways, get a base map, and then drive it, and then while driving the screen will blink yellow everywhere, when u hit a snag, fix and drive again, snag fix, so on and so forth, im going to try and get my base 5 psi map, i dont know how long it will take, u might already be done by the time i get it
Old 08-29-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by C2i0v0i1C
have u even got a base map at all so far, i didnt read all this, anyways, get a base map, and then drive it, and then while driving the screen will blink yellow everywhere, when u hit a snag, fix and drive again, snag fix, so on and so forth, im going to try and get my base 5 psi map, i dont know how long it will take, u might already be done by the time i get it

He's right . Use the real time data display and drive & data record the air flow meter input & output with RPM & TPS on the same graph. Those signals should be near identical. He is referring to realtime map trace too. Excellent function on this unit.

Or would this one be more appropriate to match better with the other maps, or are they the same?

Do they both represent 42% additional air between 0-3% throttle position and 0-1999 rpm?

Or is the rpm transition more linear by adjusting between 1500 and 2000? Example @ 1750 rpm it would be either 42% or 21% depending how e-manage averages it, my guess is that it would be 21% for smoother transitions between different values on the map.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by C2i0v0i1C

Sorry, I have no basemap yet, but if I do manage to get one I will do just that, it sounds like a good way to tune before getting it to the dyno for fine tuning.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Wait - don't put 42 in any number higher than 100 RPM (500 at MOST). The ECU is just looking for what the MAP and Baro sensor are on STARTUP - if you start to add a butt-load more fuel past 500 RPM you're car isnt' going to like it (when you increase that # - it increases the MAP voltage, which in turn adds more duty cycle to your already big RSX injectors).
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

So this should be the correct way?

Old 08-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
damn, this is a good thread.........maybe a sticky
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by canadian2k1si
So this should be the correct way?

Yes - but, in the "0" RPM column put 42 all the way down. That way if some yahoo decides to press the gas while attempting to start the car it will still work.

Quick Reply: A New HICUP to stump the panel. RSX Injectors + boosted Civic + Missing Link=CEL....