Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dh-racing 74mm Billet Throttle Body Combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
same thing with me I need some DYNO first before i buy it.
Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

canadian2k1si is on a distinguished road
Woops, sorry about the "Ignorance & Stupidity," comment, I was not trying to offend. Perhaps I am a bit biased towards DH because they are building the engine for me, and I am expecting something really excellent. But when I see this negative type of talk towards them, it gets me a bit riled because I know how hard they are working there.
Old 03-24-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Josh, did you get my TB/Manifold Combo out before you all ran into the stops? Otherwise I'll just call ya-Steve
Old 03-24-2004
Banned

DhRacingJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope they are all here, so they will all go out perfect other then guns, and yes guns is still happy everyone I took very good care of him in order to make him feel like we cared.
Old 03-24-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DhRacingJosh
Nope they are all here, so they will all go out perfect other then guns, and yes guns is still happy everyone I took very good care of him in order to make him feel like we cared.
Old 03-25-2004
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
expecting a dyno too..keep up the good work
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

red02 is an unknown quantity at this point
**** the bullshyt im tired of this. i requested a refund like after a month and a half of not hearing from josh and i got the money back on my credit card but out of the clear blue dave hickman calls me a month after that ( already disputed ) and says he doesent want to lose my bussiness, i told him he already lost it because im not gonna buy somthing, then be told it doesnt work twice, ask for a refund, and then be told no, and then not hear from the company for a month after that. so i got my money back, but what do ya know a throttle body shows up on my doorstep today in a torn up *** box with no manifold mind you, just the throttle body . so its to late feelas i refused the shipping comin right back at ya. thats bullshit after i disputed a fefund and got it, now you try and say you shipped it after the fact...i think its a little late to try and satisfy the customer, I will never do bussiness with you again and highly regret giving you six hundred $s to spend on somthing while you put my shyt on the back burnner and didnt test it on a d17 motor ( in a car! ) in the fist place before you sold it. adios
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

DH Racing Billet TB-

I know everyone seems to hate Josh and Dave but heres the TB an dI thought it was beautiful, but I still need the spacer the TPS and the manifold, so we'll see-

Old 05-01-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
ya he said they were in the mail, i should get mine Monday, u still need the spacer? He told me that they fixed that problem.....
Old 05-01-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
man, those throttle bodies look really good....i would like to have one, but only if i recieved it complete....when you say spacer, what do you mean....
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
I would wait to see what results of these members above get from the TB before I bought one. DH is no longer a vendor on this site and they give no refunds....wait for results before you throw your money into a pit.
Old 05-01-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You need a spacer for the TB to work properly. DH didn't test out the original model, so they had to make an extra spacer to fit it on.
Old 05-01-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
that looks nice. how much did that run you?
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Kiss drivability, idle quality, and your cruise-control goodbye!

Unless you have a way to tune fuel, or other upgrades - you are going to have problems running this....Just fair warning.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

-

Originally posted by opto_isolator

Unless you have a way to tune fuel, or other upgrades - you are going to have problems running this....Just fair warning.
Actually there is a place for the crusie control cable-so that is not a problem, as far as cold driving that could be an issue- the coolant lines not longer go into the throttle body so it won't be heated up on the cold days, but maybe I'll just switch over back to stock for the winter, as far as the Idle Air Control Valve, you are right I don't see a place for it, I'll still try-next is the ECPV which of course is just emissions an dosen't matter cause I already don't have a cat and the NOX system is already gone-

As far as a spacer someone asked, I know gearbox aswered somewhat, but they did fix the problem they ran into with Guns, The tb itself +the TPS will not fit the manifold due to the Fuel rail and emission canister tube in the way, so to fit it needs a 1-1.5 in spacer to rise above the rail (last pic posted) so, they are on the way, I will keep everyone posted. The TB can look good but we will see how well it works and what gains come, I plan at being at 20psi before the end of the year so if it is not effective velocity wise for flow then it will wait for the rods pistons and the SF kit. laters Stevo
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Re: -

Originally posted by Crackhead79
Actually there is a place for the crusie control cable-so that is not a problem, as far as cold driving that could be an issue- the coolant lines not longer go into the throttle body so it won't be heated up on the cold days, but maybe I'll just switch over back to stock for the winter, as far as the Idle Air Control Valve, you are right I don't see a place for it, I'll still try-next is the ECPV which of course is just emissions an dosen't matter cause I already don't have a cat and the NOX system is already gone-

As far as a spacer someone asked, I know gearbox aswered somewhat, but they did fix the problem they ran into with Guns, The tb itself +the TPS will not fit the manifold due to the Fuel rail and emission canister tube in the way, so to fit it needs a 1-1.5 in spacer to rise above the rail (last pic posted) so, they are on the way, I will keep everyone posted. The TB can look good but we will see how well it works and what gains come, I plan at being at 20psi before the end of the year so if it is not effective velocity wise for flow then it will wait for the rods pistons and the SF kit. laters Stevo
The coolant lines are for the IACV - when the car reaches operating temperature, a sensor inside triggers the IACV to lower idle speed......So if you don't plan on running one, than don't worry about them. But as I said before, your idle is going to be off big-time. I would consider this TB an option for racing on the track - not for a daily driver.

Josh pretty much lied to everyone on here regarding his parts. None of them (including pulley, intake manifold, TB, etc) are for a daily car.....
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

^^wuh oh^^

Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Opto knows his stuff. Most of the DH parts are for race setups only. Why do you think he uses them on his track car?
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

Indeed he does...it just sucks that Josh didn't say that from the start.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Originally posted by opto_isolator

Well, I don't have cruise control, I am going to tune my SAFC, and drivability? Were you talking about the coolant lines? Good thing I live in Florida.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Ahhh ****, time to call him again, if I can get ahold of him.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

bah sorry for this three posting **** but I am about to get really pissed off? So your telling me that this TB doesn't allow you to run your coolant line which will throw off your idle? Like horribly or just by a little? If the coolant doesn't bolt up to it, then I am going to ask (here we go again) for a refund, because he said it was a direct bolt on with no problems.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

I guess he lied...again.....and he doesn't give refunds. I hope you're as lucky as Prod was.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

rscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I am getting so tired of EVERYONE having problems here with the DH products and us, the members getting *&^*ed up the a$$! Good luck guys on the TB/ Mani issue, I hope that you all end up with better luck than me and my head- post if you get anywhere near a refund with them please!
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Project2k2
bah sorry for this three posting **** but I am about to get really pissed off? So your telling me that this TB doesn't allow you to run your coolant line which will throw off your idle? Like horribly or just by a little? If the coolant doesn't bolt up to it, then I am going to ask (here we go again) for a refund, because he said it was a direct bolt on with no problems.
No, the coolant line just runs to a sensor in the IACV (idle air control valve). The ECU reads this sensor. When its cold (as when the car is first started), it tells the IACV to open up - increasing idle speed. If you look in your stock TB there is a passage above the butterfly - this is a "bypass" if you will, air is routed around the butterfly, through the IACV. The IACV is nothing more than a solenoid valve that controls the idle of the car. When open, the idle is high, when closed, a small amount of air gets by. This is your "base idle," about 6-700 RPMs. The coolant lines just tell the ECU that the car is warm enough to close the IACV a bit and slow the idle down. I am not familar with the TB that you guys bought - it doesn't have an IACV, that's all I know.

As far as "drivability," what I am referring to is the fact that your low end torque will probably be gone. A 74mm TB is HUGE in comparison to what most LS Integra's run. Hell, most run no more than 5mm larger than stock if I remember correctly - and they have serious engine upgrades.

If you plan on installing a turbo, or nitrous - this may work well for you. However on a NA application its just going to plain suck ***** (NA as in the D17) - unless you are making serious power. Otherwise its just a waste of money.....for about 75% of the people out there.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Josh said that the spacer will come with the IACV. He just sent me an e-mail telling me that the spacer is to fix these problems.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

WTH is this, it says Opto was the last person to post. BUMP IT so people can read what I said.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Lol. Guess what? Rscivic finally dynoed again with the head and lost 16whp on her turbo setup. And that's after everything was working. I think it has something to do with the ports being too big and not matching up with the exhaust manifold gasket or header.

I sure hope that TB doesn't disappoint you. Look what I found.

The throttle body is the device which regulates air into the engine via the
gas pedal. By enlarging it's size you can allow more air to flow through
(hence more power) Be careful removing too much material.

Currently JG Engine Dynamics, RC Engineering, Bullfrog GUDE, and AEM perform
the boring. Expect a gas mileage decrease too. A bigger throttle body helps
aggressive cams idle better. In fact some cams require a bored throttle body.

Throttle bodies allow more air flow across the board, so you should
see an increase in power across the RPM board of about 3-5hp.

Throttle bodies should lean out air/fuel ratio so you shouldn't
have a smog problem.
4.7 Why does my car idle bad after a t-body swap?

"Thanks to everyone that tried to help me out with my JG Throttle
Body problems... I have solved it!

When I installed the throttle body, I disconnected the battery
as to reset the ECU. For some reason it didn't reset I guess.

I went out and purchased a Chiltons manual and tried what it
said to disconnect the "BACKUP" fuse "HAZARD,
BACKUP) <-for Canadian, in the underhood relay box.
I then restarted the car, and it idled great! I adjusted the
idle screw back UP! The opposite of what I thought.

I don't know why the first ECU reset didn't do it, but the
second time around solved it."

Dan Ponze (ponze@mach7.com)
"I had the same problem when I did my TB. I couldn't figure it
out for months. It was fluctuating, and surging. Finally, DPR suggested
this and it worked. The throttle position sensor is behind the TB and
secured by two allen head screws. Simply loosen them, and rotate the
sensor up or down until idle is smooth. Tighten the screws and you're
done. My idle is now perfect and it only took 3 months to figure out and 5
minutes to do."

4.8 Why do I need to port match my intake manifold?

The throttle body mounts to the intake manifold. Honda also places a gasket
to seal these two parts together. By enlarging the throttle body opening,
the intake manifold and the gasket no longer match the throttle body's
opening. Imagine trying to flow air through a 5 inch opening then suddenly
run into a 4 inch section. This situation may hamper air velocity more
than the added value of allowing more air through the throttle body itself.
Be sure to get your intake manifold match ported.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

^^ Good info, so this says it's a good thing?!? And by the way, I highly doubt it's because of the pnp head that she lost power. Something had to of gone wrong.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Mostly the tb is a good thing, as long as the bore isn't too much. But the gains are only a few hp. As far as the head, that's the only thing that was added. Otherwise the turbo alone was making tons of power. So if it's not the head, it's something else caused by the head. And this is after she spends more than $1000 to clean up all the metal shavings and fix everything.

Quick Reply: Dh-racing 74mm Billet Throttle Body Combo