Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dh-racing 74mm Billet Throttle Body Combo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Ershall
WTF are you babbling about? Did he mention how he thinks DH sucks in that entire post? can you even find him bash DH? He is not bashing the product you fawkin reject...he's is throwing out potential problems that may be caused by using this TB (the fact that DH put the TB out, while typical, is irrelevent). Opto is getting these facts by looking at a pic of the TB...not by thinking about how much Dave's an *** or Josh is a lying *****. He has a valid point and anyone who plans to perform this install just MIGHT like to listen. Stop discounting his opinion because you are willing to risk your engine to get a few more HP.
Ok I see you are on the name calling band wagon.

He was bashing them by saying the TB bypass does not work. I stated it has been an old DIY on THIS SITE for the past year!!! So if this mod didn't work then why are people like myself using it for the past year without idle problems. Dont just say things dont work and throw insults like FAWKIN REJECT.

Moderators a am personaly offended by this public slander and foul language. This is an all age forum and the bad language and name calling is not needed here.
Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
everything they make for a d17 needs a spacer

POINT= they **** sucks, u people continue to buy it even after they screw u

THEIR HEADS dont perform, DYNO proooooooven(RSCIVIC), the crank pulley needs a spacer and better yet has claimed a MOTOR already, the TB needs a spacer, and is WAY to big

GOD FORBIDE DH FROM MAKING ANYTHING TO REALLY SCREW THE MOTOR UP, LIKE INTERNALS

DH makes RODs=oops ur going to need two sets of bearings to offset the clearance messup that we created bc we dont know what we are doing

DHmakes Pistons=oops ur going to need to put a spacer inside, or on the outside of the wrist pin, bc again we dont know how to measure

Last edited by C2i0v0i1C; 05-05-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by guns
Moderators a am personaly offended by this public slander and foul language. This is an all age forum and the bad language and name calling is not needed here.
then go home and stay off the net, since ur obviously under the age of 13 and cant handle the small talk on here
Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

Thanks for another constructive reply.
Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd

Thanks for another constructive reply.
your welcome DUMBASS for the common sense advice, and intelligent for that matter
Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

Here we go with more educated statements. With all your years in school is that the best insult you can come up with? I am sure you are more inteligent than resorting to name calling or maybe not.
Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd

if u wanna go at it ill tear ur car apart, piece by piece and tell u why its going to blow up, why u are making the power u are and the reason u are and how its the wrong way, ive schooled DH on this board about motors to have his replys NOT exist bc josh knew i was right. SO FAR NO ONE ON THIS BOARD has yet to surpass the power IVE MADE IN THE CORRRRRRRRRRECT WAY, alchy injection is the wrong way.
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
Using it for a year you say with no problems?
I stated it has been an old DIY on THIS SITE for the past year!!! So if this mod didn't work then why are people like myself using it for the past year without idle problems.
How long have you actually had the TB on for guns?
Originally posted by guns: posted: 03-19-2004 at 08:30 PM
Ya that is why I had problems installing it..

I pulled the old TB. Pulled the fuel rail. Pulled the IM. Had to move my turbo piping out of the way. Do alot of ****..

I have install problems.. Has anyone installed the 74mm TB yet.. Has anyone figured out how to fit the stock fuel rale back on. The TB is alot bigger(a lot) and the fuel rail will not go back on.. What are people doing to get around this?

Also to confirm there is no way to hook up cruise control... I just pulled mine out. The control box and cable...
That's about a month and a half ago....and you are having installation problems? Wow, now that, my friend, is extensive experience. you have had the TB on foru about 45 days....no problems! give everyone the greenlight! Why? Last time I checked, you were the first to buy a TB in this thread and have only had in on for a month and a half? So how do you have enough experience to tell everyone else to run out and get one because they won't ahve any problems.

Guns, you are a hypocrit. You resort to name calling as much as anyone else on this forum. Man up, grow a pair...and make a valid point.
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

Furthermore, if there was a DIY, why were you having problems installing it?
Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd

AMEN

i hope a piston of his pops out his hood and smacks him in the forehead here shortly, bc its not going to take that long
Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

First, read my posts it was about a TB heater bypass mod. Not the DH TB only.

Second, use the search and look up DIY TB heater bypass. It was posted over a year ago.

Third, please add something constructive to this debate.

Originally posted by Ershall
Using it for a year you say with no problems?

How long have you actually had the TB on for guns?

Old 05-03-2004
SuperMODrizd

DO YOU?, bc this seems to be ur only reply to everything, WHY?

o thats right bc YOUR WRONG
Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

Originally posted by C2i0v0i1C
AMEN

i hope a piston of his pops out his hood and smacks him in the forehead here shortly, bc its not going to take that long
Ok you can do more than insult people you can also wish harm onto them. I am sure your parents are proud of you.

In what way has this happened to catalyst who runs 11psi or Torque King who ran 14psi using the same setup that I have. Once I am built we can talk more. But if you want to compare dynos PSI to HP ratio I have you beat. On the track or on the street that is all that matters. A loss is still a loss. Even if someone uses a 100 shot of gas and beats you. You still lost.

Kinda like your posts. When you have to give insults and start name calling, it sounds kinda like a cur dog yellping. Its also I sign of higher intelegence to resort to those tactics also.
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

First, read my posts it was about a TB heater bypass mod. Not the DH TB only.

Second, use the search and look up DIY TB heater bypass. It was posted over a year ago.

First, pay attention, this thread is now focussing on whether or not the TB itself is worth spending the money on and whether it should be installed. You are telling everyone that there will be no problems...misleading them to believe that you are the all knowing one when in reality you have little or no experience and you are much more willing to rick f*cking up your engine than the rest of us.

Second, live by your own philosophy.

Third, how is a DIY about a general TB heater bypass relevant? that's not the issue here. The issue is whether or not this product is made for daily use and whether or not it is more detrimental then beneficial for our engines.
Old 05-03-2004
Skyline R33

DO YOU?, bc this seems to be ur only reply to everything, WHY?

o thats right bc YOUR WRONG
I thought the link to the DIY proving you wrong did that.

or was it the link that the moderator deleted for some reason.

Go back to page 18 of this thread and re read.
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

Its also I sign of higher intelegence to resort to those tactics also.
It really is great that you suddenly decided to sound sophistocated to make yourself look good....but we see right through the bullshit.
Old 05-03-2004

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Finally... something good to read on this board hahahaha.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
-

Has anyone besides me tried to install the DH-tb? If so what did you use a stock IM or a custom one like the KMS. If you went custom, how long did the intake runners need to be to give clearence for the fuel rail? Dh is fabricating spacers to allow this to fit on stock IM. But it was just brought to my attention that other members have this TB already installed. Your input would be appretiated.
I put in on this thread way back there that I tried and it didn't fit over the fuel rail and Evaporative canister purge line, I tried cause it looked like the the lower Tb bore would actually fit the stock manifold, it won't though, bigger by almost a half an inch. Can't wait to get the rest, even if I do love you all and reguard your opinions, I feel there really is too much bitching and I'll continue to see for myself, so, I still think this setup when complete will work, but I still haven't got everything as always though, EVEN IF NO ONE HEARS ME, I will post the details and end result.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
...by the way not to get involved you all need to drink a beer and relax- and if you really want when I do get the complete set-up I'll try to do DIY for you all-
Old 05-04-2004
Skyline R33

Re: -

Originally posted by Crackhead79
I put in on this thread way back there that I tried and it didn't fit over the fuel rail and Evaporative canister purge line, I tried cause it looked like the the lower Tb bore would actually fit the stock manifold, it won't though, bigger by almost a half an inch. Can't wait to get the rest, even if I do love you all and reguard your opinions, I feel there really is too much bitching and I'll continue to see for myself, so, I still think this setup when complete will work, but I still haven't got everything as always though, EVEN IF NO ONE HEARS ME, I will post the details and end result.
Are you using the stock IM? I think the key would be to go custom IM. The straight tunners would make the room needed.

Even without the spacer w/ air idle adapter, I think you could also somehow trick the air idle control valve to think it is working properly even if it is not connected. Like using a resistor for the secondary O2 or the AIT mod that bypasses the sensor. I think it can be done. hell you even have to bypass the MAP sensor to run boost. it is not like there is a perfect way to gwt around certain things. Well with enough money and paying a tuner $60 an hour it can be done. But I try and do things myself. At a last resort I turn to my friends who have a shop near by.
Old 05-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

In what way has this happened to catalyst who runs 11psi or Torque King who ran 14psi using the same setup that I have.
WHAT DOES THAT MATTER, stop using other people as examples for your own car
Once I am built we can talk more. [/B]
O BROTHER FUTURE THIS FUTURE THAT, THIS IS THE PRESENT
But if you want to compare dynos PSI to HP ratio I have you beat. [/B]
take ur GIRLIE meth injection off, and what do u really HAVE.....LESS
LET ME put my timing back to stock like u have....ill have even MORE

keep pushing that boost up, those stock injectors(if thats what u have) are going to quit when u least expect, and ur going to melt down.
Old 05-04-2004
Skyline R33

WHAT DOES THAT MATTER, stop using other people as examples for your own car

O BROTHER FUTURE THIS FUTURE THAT, THIS IS THE PRESENT

take ur GIRLIE meth injection off, and what do u really HAVE.....LESS
LET ME put my timing back to stock like u have....ill have even MORE

keep pushing that boost up, those stock injectors(if thats what u have) are going to quit when u least expect, and ur going to melt down.
If someone sprays N2O and beats you, you still lost brother.

I am aware of the injectors being pushed too hard issue. That is why I am staying at around 10psi. I have a buddy who might be boosting a K20, when he does he will upgrade his injectors and I will use his old injectors. If not I will do the Passat fuel rail/ injector mod. If you did not know they fit our car. I am hoping the K20 injectors fit. If not I will go the custom route.

I know I can go with bigger injectors and use the VAFC2 to cut back on the fuel.
Old 05-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

If someone sprays N2O and beats you, you still lost brother.
what does that have to do with anything???

considering we were talkin about how u supposedly ahve out powered me PSI to HP
Old 05-04-2004
Skyline R33

You said to turn of the Meth and you could beat me on the PSI to HP ratio.

I posted no matter what you run a win is a win.

You are right to retard your timing under higher boost. I think I will have to switch to Emanage once I am built. What are you using to retard the timing?

Even without the Meth I do not detonate. I ran out a couple of times. As soon as it happens I can feel the diff and stay of the boost untill I refill. I am also running IK24's with no idle problems. I have pulled them a couple of time recently and no signs of detonation.

what does that have to do with anything???

considering we were talkin about how u supposedly ahve out powered me PSI to HP
Old 05-04-2004
SuperMODrizd

personally i dont see how u can think that injecting anything into the engine other than AIR and GAS is safe for whatever reason.

ur right a win is a win, but even if someone was using a 100 shot of N20, theyd still loose bc by the time they got to th point where they could spray that much (on a d17) id already be long gone.

AND yes i do use the emanage for all my tuning needs, timing, vtec, and all. UR vafc is only going to go so far, and it dont have all the capabiliites of the emanage, the intervals of RPMS the emange can tune at is different than the vafc i think the emange has a more finer tuning ability

i dont detonate and never have, and i dont use that stuff some of u people do. as for the plugs good or bad, i replace them with every oil change no matter what.
Old 05-04-2004
Skyline R33

personally i dont see how u can think that injecting anything into the engine other than AIR and GAS is safe for whatever reason.

ur right a win is a win, but even if someone was using a 100 shot of N20, theyd still loose bc by the time they got to th point where they could spray that much (on a d17) id already be long gone.

AND yes i do use the emanage for all my tuning needs, timing, vtec, and all. UR vafc is only going to go so far, and it dont have all the capabiliites of the emanage, the intervals of RPMS the emange can tune at is different than the vafc i think the emange has a more finer tuning ability

i dont detonate and never have, and i dont use that stuff some of u people do. as for the plugs good or bad, i replace them with every oil change no matter what.
When you retard the timing it would be a waiste to inject methanol. They both have the same result reduce detonation.
I guess I need to bite the bullet and switch to emanage. I have be putting it off untill later. Thanks for the informative reply.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I think we should start a "people we don't trust" list - as in, people who don't know what they are talking about. Who's all for it? I know who would be at the top of the list....
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by opto_isolator
I think we should start a "people we don't trust" list - as in, people who don't know what they are talking about. Who's all for it? I know who would be at the top of the list....
heh, thank you for the informative post, my friend.
Old 05-04-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
It would be nice if questions could get answered hear instead of bashing, if you don't like DH then why post in the forum where people already have the items? It's fine if you want to take people away from buying their products but for the people that already have them we are looking for answers.

All I want to know is if the fuel rail will clear once he comes out with the spacer. If don't have this product or have no idea if it will work then you have no reason to reply.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Project2k2
It would be nice if questions could get answered hear instead of bashing, if you don't like DH then why post in the forum where people already have the items? It's fine if you want to take people away from buying their products but for the people that already have them we are looking for answers.

All I want to know is if the fuel rail will clear once he comes out with the spacer. If don't have this product or have no idea if it will work then you have no reason to reply.
You have a point. It seems that nobody has the spacer as of yet so there isn't an answer to your question as far as I can tell as of yet. Guns installed his, it seems, by using a custom IM and not by using a spacer. Last time i heard I think Josh was still developing the spacer? I know it won't clear the fuel rail before...but after you get the spacer? I'm not sure.

Quick Reply: Dh-racing 74mm Billet Throttle Body Combo