Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

violent shaking

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
violent shaking

well, I was pushing my engine pretty hard last night while trying to learn at 9 psi (... ebc's)... I already have a check engine light from a busted o2 sensor ... so after a couple times hitting 9 psi, I hit it again and my car shakes violently ... I let off the gas and my check engine light begins blinking ... what does that mean?

it's done it before as well ...
Old 01-18-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
done it before you had a turbo or before you were pushing 9psi?
Old 01-18-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
before as in earlier, maybe 3 weeks ago when I had tried to learn at 10 ... and after pushing it hard for a while
Old 01-18-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
have u made any duty cycle corrections, i mean u cant just expect it to learn with out any help, if the cycle is too high ill get like a whooshing sound, ive had that happen before, try turning it down (boost) and see if the prob still occurs, if it still happens then u may have a problem
Old 01-18-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I was driving for a while and that happened to me going about 55mph. When I let off the gas, the car was shaking and it sounded like really loud base was playing constantly. I don't have turbo, so maybe it's the cold weather? Almost felt like I was riding the rim with a flat tire.
Old 01-18-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

heh, uh ... duty cycle? ...

please elaborate... O_O
Old 01-18-2004
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
i think when your check engine light bLINKS it means your misfiring <-edit lol

Last edited by zinkyroo; 01-18-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
O BOY
Old 01-18-2004

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
imo, i think some people here are pushing to much psi for their own good. if you read up and ask some experts a lot of them recommend 6-7psi tops on a civic. people here are going 9,10,11psi. not saying this problem is for sure boost related but just that sooner ot later, it will get you if your not built up for it.
Old 01-18-2004
SuperMODrizd

ok based on the light and the symptoms, ive had this, catalyst told me if could be misfiring, duty has to do with fuel, since u have a EBC i take it, ur boost should be at a 0.??, and ur duty should be at a ??%, they have to be correct for each other, u have to get the duty which is ur fuel pretty close to correct before the EBC will learn it, u cant be giving it no fuel and expect it to learn it. if u have to much fuel, it can bc mine did sound like a whooshing coming from the engine, plus 9-10 psi on stock guts?? not a logical thing to me
Old 01-18-2004
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
My car does that sometimes too, usualy when its cold. All I have to do is push the gas down all the way for a second and it stops.
Old 01-18-2004
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 18secQuaterMile
imo, i think some people here are pushing to much psi for their own good. if you read up and ask some experts a lot of them recommend 6-7psi tops on a civic. people here are going 9,10,11psi. not saying this problem is for sure boost related but just that sooner ot later, it will get you if your not built up for it.

i dont know who ur talking to but its no one here.

ne one with an SF kit and alcohol upgrade is running 9-11psi daily. myself included.
Old 01-18-2004

last time i checked alcohol injection doesnt make your internals stronger
and i said it may not be a boost related problem....
Old 01-18-2004
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
The alcohol keeps it from detonating. But if you have the wrong spark plugs, it could be misfiring. I strongly recommend the Denso IK22 plugs.

10 psi every day if you beat on it can do some wear and tear on your engine. I like the idea of a dual stage controller with 6 psi normal and 9-10 psi daily. Thats what i am doing. Also makes it a lot easier to launch. You dont lose soo much traction on 6 psi.
Old 01-19-2004
Proud Srt4 owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BoostedCivicZex can only hope to improve
Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
i dont know who ur talking to but its no one here.

ne one with an SF kit and alcohol upgrade is running 9-11psi daily. myself included.
be careful that you dont blow your head gasket
Old 01-19-2004
Proud Srt4 owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BoostedCivicZex can only hope to improve
Originally posted by Catalyst
The alcohol keeps it from detonating. But if you have the wrong spark plugs, it could be misfiring. I strongly recommend the Denso IK22 plugs.

10 psi every day if you beat on it can do some wear and tear on your engine. I like the idea of a dual stage controller with 6 psi normal and 9-10 psi daily. Thats what i am doing. Also makes it a lot easier to launch. You dont lose soo much traction on 6 psi.
I like the dual stage controller idea. Isnt ohmysac working on a dual stage controller? If so i got first dibs on that lol
Old 01-19-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

hmm ... perhaps I'll invest in some ik22's then ...

but yeah, I run 7 psi daily, 9 psi on high boost with my dual stage ebc ... however, I rarely ever take it up higher than 1 psi ... unless I'm trying to get on the freeway, pass somebody or race ;P
Old 01-19-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
im runnin 6 right now...

9-10 in the spring (i have alcy injection)...

food for thought... did u do anything to your map sensor? the map caused some weird probs on my car but it's fixed now...

gl either way
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

trashguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yer nuts for driving with a busted O2....

if yer o2 sensor isn't reading the correct exhaust temperature the motor could start detonating and burn some pretty holes in your pistons.

Technically yer Knock sensor should pick up the detonation and retard the ignition, but if your pushing the motor at high RPMs something break.

The shaking was probably detonation and yer motor totally going nutz trying to figure out why all this air and fuel is in it. When you floor the pedal or run the engine hard the ECU drops all fuel mapping and runs on the fly by reading sensor input. I'm assuming the busted o2 sensor made the computer freak out not know exhaust temp.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Em2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
boooom
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

ohmysac is an unknown quantity at this point
yup still working on it..i have a new design ready for testing...all i have to do is put it on my car
Old 01-20-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
do it up! then drop a price lol
Old 01-20-2004
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MadWheel
do it up! then drop a price lol

for real!