Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

andyman (SF) vs. zinkyroo (maxrev)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wonderz is on a distinguished road
i wonder after the both manufacturer read this post, will they fine tune their setup for these 2 ppl than a normal package just so they can say I beat so-and-so's setup.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by andyman97
Ok, well, be sure to let me know when you get it on, k.
Honestly, I dont know what this arguement is about? Which guy spent his 3000 dollars the best? It seems a bit childish if you ask me. Although, I am interested in seeing the results between the kits. But truth be told, I would like to see someone elses experiance with the SF kit, and because of Catalysts 13 second run, I will be purchasing this kit in the future.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Bryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, try reading the whole thread. The maxrev kit sucks so I sent it back which they don't ant to accept because they know it won't ever sell. So I ordered an SF kit with some other goodies.
Sweet! Now I know which kit I'll be sure to buy when I save the money up.
Old 08-16-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo has arrived. It is in the process of being installed. Will be done tomorrow. I will post pics of the setup and possibly a pic of my timeslip after going to the track tomorrow
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

KD5FTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Diemos
Honestly, I dont know what this arguement is about? Which guy spent his 3000 dollars the best? It seems a bit childish if you ask me. Although, I am interested in seeing the results between the kits. But truth be told, I would like to see someone elses experiance with the SF kit, and because of Catalysts 13 second run, I will be purchasing this kit in the future.
Childish? How so? If I lay $3,000 on a kit, I definatly want to make sure I get the best I can. It only makes sense to do a product comparision....
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

ncwcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Turbo has arrived. It is in the process of being installed. Will be done tomorrow. I will post pics of the setup and possibly a pic of my timeslip after going to the track tomorrow
dude not to burst your bubble but dont you want to break it in before you really test it??????????
Old 08-16-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
A turbo isn't like an engine, it doesn't need to be broken in. The only thing it needs to do is get seated correctly before it's ran hard and that only takes about 30 miles. There's a whole nother thread on this.
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
Anyways, i just drove andyman's car after my 14 hour drive up here and my 6.5 hour install, and it feels sweet. Here, let me post some pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	equal length.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	7252  
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
i had to give him my BOV.....

Name:	turbo s.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	7253  
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

here is the water tank

Name:	water tank.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	7254  
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

ohmysac is an unknown quantity at this point
mmmm...dr pepper...
Old 08-16-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
you're so lucky... you don't have to hack up the viper bumper with your air to water intercooler setup... sheesh..
Old 08-16-2003
Turbo Guru

Yeah, for everyone who doesn't think I'll be able to break into 13's, your all probably right, yeah, right on the money lease:
Anyways, iamboo, you may not have to hack up your viper with the air to air ic either. I don't know if it's the same on your's but I have about a 3" clearance b/w the bumper and a/c condensor. The air to air from SF is only about 3" thick so if you do have that much clearance, it'll be a perfect fit
I have to give mad props to Catalyst and SFPower. These guys are awesome and they definitely know their stuff. I would definitely recommend this kit over anything else on the market, trust me, you won't get the quality nor the support that these guys will give you, they are both truly amazing. Thanks a million guys
Old 08-17-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
so is the race gonna be held or what? I wanna know the results. Didnt the other guy get a sf kit also? whats going on?
Old 08-17-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by Big Baller L
so is the race gonna be held or what? I wanna know the results. Didnt the other guy get a sf kit also? whats going on?
No, read the thread title, he's getting the maxrev kit. Read the entire thread if you don't know what's going on.
Old 08-17-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
i've read the entire thread, but i though he sent his maxrev kit back for something else. Wtvr i just wanna see results...enough talk gimme numbers!!!
Old 08-17-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i wonder would they change the bonnett's design? i like how my injen one looks...
Old 08-18-2003
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
wanna see what's gonna happen....
Old 08-18-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by MadWheel
wanna see what's gonna happen....
Me too.
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this even going to be a fair race to begin with???I thought it was base kit vs base kit...Not upgraded kit vs base kit. I'll still race, but its not going to be fair at all. I know andy will run ice in his intercooler, which I have no problem with, but I have an air-air intercooler so right there he has a big advantage...and then alcohol injection????Do I have alcohol injection??? No. Ill still race, but i already know that I will probably lose...
Old 08-18-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
been eating sour grapes?
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
no y0! just stating the obvious y0! raw y0
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

detoX is an unknown quantity at this point
damn! when is this gonna happen????
Old 08-18-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by zinkyroo
Is this even going to be a fair race to begin with???I thought it was base kit vs base kit...Not upgraded kit vs base kit. I'll still race, but its not going to be fair at all. I know andy will run ice in his intercooler, which I have no problem with, but I have an air-air intercooler so right there he has a big advantage...and then alcohol injection????Do I have alcohol injection??? No. Ill still race, but i already know that I will probably lose...
It was only a matter of time before you tried back out. Dont worry, we all know that you were thinking that SF is better deep down inside.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by KD5FTN
Childish? How so? If I lay $3,000 on a kit, I definatly want to make sure I get the best I can. It only makes sense to do a product comparision....
lol ofcourse you would compare kits, but its childish to have a race to do it. Obviously, a race is not going to prove which kit is superior. The race will just show who is a better driver. Ease of install, simple instructions, prompt delivery, part selection, fitment of the kit, and actual horsepower/torque numbers that the kit produces should be factors for determining the superior kit. Not a stupid 1/4 race, hell one guy could have an awful launch be a terrible driver run a 16 and really be capable of 13s, thus the arguement that the race is sort of comparision for the kit is ridiculous because there are more simple and more effective means of determining a superior product.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
It was only a matter of time before you tried back out. Dont worry, we all know that you were thinking that SF is better deep down inside.
If we are going to compare kits we should compare base kit vs base kit otherwise the entire competition was pointless and proved that a Upgraded kit can beat a Base kit. If SF is truely that superior he wouldnt be needing to use all the upgraded parts.
Old 08-18-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
he said nuthing about backing out, he simply stated the obvious saying its unfair to run a base kit against a highly upgraded kit. He just knows he'll lose.

it's like running a N/A k20 against a N/A d17, its just not fair.
Old 08-18-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by Diemos
If we are going to compare kits we should compare base kit vs base kit otherwise the entire competition was pointless and proved that a Upgraded kit can beat a Base kit. If SF is truely that superior he wouldnt be needing to use all the upgraded parts.
Screw that. A race is a race and whoever wins has the better setup and better driver. If he is willing to spend more to get the best performance out of his kit, then more power to him.

The SF is superior because it has the ability of being upgraded.

This entire competition is pointless anyways because the SF kit owns all. We are now up to 2 people so far who haven't been able to fit the maxrev kit into their engine bays. I doubt zinkyroo will be able to even install his kit.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Screw that. A race is a race and whoever wins has the better setup and better driver. If he is willing to spend more to get the best performance out of his kit, then more power to him.

The SF is superior because it has the ability of being upgraded.

This entire competition is pointless anyways because the SF kit owns all. We are now up to 2 people so far who haven't been able to fit the maxrev kit into their engine bays. I doubt zinkyroo will be able to even install his kit.
What?! Your not even being sensable, we are trying to determine through this race which base kit is superior not which kit can be upgraded. Any turbo kit can be upgraded, it can be done custom, which is all the upgraded SF Kit is. If SF is superior it wouldnt need to upgrade its products to compete with a base kit from an "inferior" company.
Old 08-18-2003
Turbo Guru

Bahaha, too funny.

Anywho, I wasn't planning on running with ice, I was going to use roome temp ice and boost at whatever psi he wants to boost at. And no, I won't use alcohol injection. I don't even need it until I'm at around 9 lbs. If he wants to run at 7 lbs, that's fine with me, I am not going to use ice in the intercooler. This is not a slow kit, you saw catalyst ran a 13.6 on 9 lbs with a fmic.

Quick Reply: andyman (SF) vs. zinkyroo (maxrev)