Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

DIY: K20/K24 into 2001+ Civic **Updated 4/20/2008**

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Exclamation DIY: K20/K24 into 2001+ Civic **Updated 4/20/2008**

As i go along let me know if i missed anything so i can add it in
Also if anyone has some pics i can add then that would help too

**note- this is for anyone.. im not on here everyday. So if you need help or something im on my site everyday XproductionZ.com :: Ver. 3.0 on the forums if you need it.

UPDATE 1/7/2007 (Slightly Updated)

**also note that the same thing applies to people who do the k24 swap. Just remember that if you use a k24 that the passenger side mount is different from the k20 passenger mount. If you already have a k20 in your car and wish to use a k24. Hasport and i think Hybrid can supply only the k24 passenger mount so that way it sits the motor lower so it can fit in our cars

**If you need a relay to do the the wire harness for the O2 sensor i can get those for you

Mods done to the car in the swap
Hondata
Type S manifold and Base TB.. (took out the dual intake runners)
Megan Race headers
Megan Race Downpipe
Custom 2.5 Piping
Megan Race Exhaust
Custom 3in Intake

and the Dyno

UPDATE 4/29/07 - Read Below

An RBC manifold on a K20 and/or K24 using Hasport mounts will fit the 01-05 chassis. Just did the swap yesterday. Took out the K20a and put in a K24.

However you will need to trim away at the upper radiator support area to make it fit. You have to trim about 3/4 an inch away just to make it clear.

Minor UPDATE 11/24/07:

For those of you who use a relay other than the type listed in the DIY. There are aftermarket relays but they all use a universal number to identify the pins..

Some of you might remember this image of the relay pins..

Heres is what each number stands for:

1 - 30
2 - 87
3 - 86
4 - 87a
5 - 85\

Just updated the write-up again... 4/20/08

added/modified the following
-rbc fitment issue
-explanation of k20 or k24 mounts
-more details on the o2 sensor wiring
-air conditioning installation
-shifter box comaprison
-and a little preface message

Last edited by xproductionz; 12-16-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
thats some good info. should be sticked!
Old 09-08-2005
this has been an atl01 production..

atl01 will become famous soon enough
Very nice write up. wish this info was aviable a year ago.
Old 09-08-2005
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Info.
Old 09-08-2005

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
i know alot of people were asking me about the o2 sensor.. so hope this helps out a bit..
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road

next person who swaps needs to take pictures
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
good info
Old 09-08-2005

its funny cause i took step by step pictures of my swap. but now i cant find the dang memory card i took the pictures on
Old 09-08-2005

wait. i just found some pics.. just added 2 for now.. the rest of the pics are for when the k20 is getting ready to go in
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

leonhsieh is an unknown quantity at this point
Great write up!!!!
Old 09-08-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap thats sweet. Now we need some company to sell like complete swaps, everything you need to go LOL.
Old 09-08-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Made sticky for a little while.....
Old 09-09-2005

updated with more k20 specs found on the net

and i also put in a story(article) that discusses the whole theory and idea behind the k20 motors and swaps. In one of the sections the author even talks about our EM cars and the swapping of the k20's into it
Old 09-11-2005

updated again today. Now it goes more into the engine bay prepping.. i stopped at the radiator fan wiring
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Wow, that took a long time to read lol Good info though!!
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

Crumbzkidd is an unknown quantity at this point
So how much would something like that cost total?
Old 09-13-2005

i'll have a quick rundown of the parts that i bought direct from honda tomorrow and the junkyard and the prices i got each for
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

dbzkid84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome man, wish this was here when I first started to get into cars.
Old 09-13-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up man. Who knows maybe ill go that route some day. May i suggest that you date it as to the last time it was updated and then bump it here for updates!!!!
Old 09-13-2005

updated with rough prices.. read post #1
Old 09-15-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, so currently there is no complete harness to work with our car right, because I just check hybrid racing and hasport and didn't see any. Also, what about usuing the type-s cluster with this? It should work if your swaping to the a2 and have the whole harness right?
Old 09-15-2005

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Hmmm, so currently there is no complete harness to work with our car right, because I just check hybrid racing and hasport and didn't see any. Also, what about usuing the type-s cluster with this? It should work if your swaping to the a2 and have the whole harness right?
hybrid and hasport do have a plug and play harness but might require a wiring of a wire or 2... just call them... if you call hasport talk to Brian and if you call or talk to hybrid then ask for Will.. they dont have it listed on there site but they do have it.

as for the cluster swap from what i heard is that you have to use the in-dash harness from the rsx.. but then if i remember correctly there is someone on this site who has done a cluster swap and just repinned the clip??.. imma see if i can find out or if anyone knows
Old 09-15-2005

Yeah I was researching it, and Kazell had made one that hooked into the civic harness. I just wasent sure if that meant that it would work after a k20 swap... but then again the in dash harness probably remains a civic while the engine harness is a k series. It seems like it's always the little things that trip me up.
Old 09-18-2005

lol.. oh well.. its the little things that can say if it works or not..
Old 09-25-2005

phone numbers.... someone asked for em so thought i would post it up

Hasport
602-470-0065 ask for Brian

Hybrid Racing
985-951-8588 ask for Will

Hondata
310-782-8278
Old 09-29-2005

well.. its that time..yes that time of day... some of you may have read about me posting about my weird motor and stuff... To bring you up to speed on whats going on read this...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthrea...95&page=1&pp=25

and read this too

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=214864

Took me a while but i have figured how to do the wiring of all the electronis from the guage cluster to the fan switch to the O2 sensor.. So now everything works even Power steering and A/C and no check engine lights.

Now the swap is in my car and running full fledge kick ***... basically when i race my friends rsx with the same mods as me... i pull ahead of him by half a car or so...

my mods so far are
Hondata
Type S manifold and Base TB.. (took out the dual intake runners)
Megan Race headers
Megan Race Downpipe
Custom 2.5 Piping
Megan Race Exhaust
Custom 3in Intake

[b]Figured out what the motor was.. its from a type s k20a in japan.. so basically its a jdm k20a with less power then the k20a type r.. if you look in this months edition of import tuner the whole issue is literally covered with k20 stuff... this motor i have is rated at 160hp stock according to the specs in the book..

and if anyone needs any help on there swap while i make this DIY here ask me or you can wait till the next few days when i get the DIY made.

we spent 8 hours tuning the thing.. you gotta remember that this motor has no base map for it on kpro considering we dont know which motor it is if you read the post from above.. so basically it was like this

we found the best map we could use and started from there..

1st run was at 99whp
then tuned more and got 140whp
then more and more and then finally before i went home we got it to 190whp and 120torque and it still has more tweaking to go..

then after much work here is the end result

Still needs more tuning.. right towards the end of the run like around 8000 the motor is not getting enough air.. so once i get the bigger TB in we go back to the dyno again.. right now i am using the base TB cause the TPS off my type S throttle body broke off.

Max HP - 201hp
Max TQ - 163tq

Last edited by xproductionz; 09-29-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2005

This may be a retarded question, but what do you think it would take to run the Toda race header (http://www.todaracing.com/products/h..._manifold.html). I'm asking because I wonder if that would fit our cars, or if we would have to make extensive modifications.
Old 10-03-2005

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
This may be a retarded question, but what do you think it would take to run the Toda race header (http://www.todaracing.com/products/h..._manifold.html). I'm asking because I wonder if that would fit our cars, or if we would have to make extensive modifications.
if it fits the type s it will fit our cars wuth the swaps in it.. because i have megan type s headers and downpipe and have also test fitted my friends dc race headers for the type s and they all fit.
Old 10-03-2005

Hmmm, yeah it says it will fit AFTER you put the type-r sway bar in... so that's what confused me. It wont fit a "stock" type-s per say.
Old 10-03-2005

i have the type s sway bar and had no problems...if anything i ran with out the lower say bar for a while.. lol.. so you could do without it if you wanted to

Quick Reply: DIY: K20/K24 into 2001+ Civic **Updated 4/20/2008**