***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Hello everyone! There will be a BBQ and car meet listed below. This is for the people that can’t make it to the different meets during the week because of work or other activities. If your car is bone stock or not do not hesitate to come out!!! ALL CARS ARE WELCOMED BUT LIKE TO (DON'T HAVE TO) KEEP IT IN THE IMPORT FAMILY.

Date:

Sunday, August 27th, 2006

Place:
River Legacy Park
(817) 459-5474
701 Nw Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76006
Link--->http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd...Arlington+TX&e d=Gt4JjK160SyCy14K778ofNsYR5S0OvlKpbZWC8icT0UIuE9N 5MqrWJ0GvhNU1pgrCPILUJ0DZV2vNzjHsg--

Time:
Start Time:11:00-11:30
End Time: Whenever

Food:
Everyone "pitch in" $5.00 bucks for hamburgers, chips, drinks, and maybe hot dogs. Dollar store paper plates, napkins, and condiments. Donations of caracole, lighter fluid, and grilling utensils will be more than welcomed!!! I need volunteers (cooking/getting the food) for this one please. If each person would help just a little in some way this could be one of the best meets yet!

***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ***

IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING MONEY FOR FOOD OR YOU DID NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PUT IN MONEY FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN MEANS OF EATING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE TO SHOW UP TWO OR THREE HOURS LATER. LIKE NOTED ABOVE, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS GOING BRING YOUR MONEY WITH THEM. WE WILL BE TAKING QUANITY COUNTS BETWEEN 11:30-11:45 A.M. SO PLEASE BE THERE BEFORE OR BETWEEN THOSE TIMES.

People from 7thgencivic.com that are planning to go:

1: texascivic2k1
2: GreatWhite02
3: MidnightCivic
4: dmdcivic
5: 2k2civ34
6: civicholo
7: X0DuZz
8: Danger Mouse
9: downsouth_em2
10: 04TXtoys
11: mag05ex
12: RedMEansGoOo
13: GoMavs
14: jester444
15: evolutionmr
16:
17:

Other sites that will be notified...
www.nt7g.com
www.ephatch.com
www.clubrsx.com
www.texas-imports.com
www.texasimprots.org
www.clubcivic.com
www.dallasimports.net
www.import-driven.net
www.8thcivic.com
www.dfdub.net
www.hondacivicforums.com
www.dfwmodified.com
www.hondaforums.com
www.clubhonda.com
www.superhonda.com
www.honda-acura.net
www.vdubaddiction.com
If you have other websites that are not up here please tell me!!

THE RULES

1) No alcohol of any kind. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. Drugs will NOT be allowed as well.

2) No repetitive revving engines or sounding your car horns. (If just got a new exhaust or something and someone wants to hear how it sounds, that’s cool, but to just sit there and rev your car over and over again for no reason, not cool, just stupid, that’s just how I feel, I’m sorry

3) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the park from the street. Please be sure to pay attention to how you enter the exit the parking lot. Be alert at all times. Even if you are on the far side of the lot from the meet.

4) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the dumpsters. Do not leave trash on the ground.

5) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people. This environment is a friendly one. Automotive enthusiasts drive many different kinds of cars, and come from many different back grounds. PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS.

6) No street racing at or near the meet or mixing races with the meet. This is a very fast way to lose the meet. We do not condone street racing. We ask you kindly not to do it ANYWHERE near the meet.

7) No burn/peel outs. No reckless driving No drifting or attempts to drift. We all like to show off are new toys, but please don't use that new turbo here.

8) Please respect other peoples cars by not leaning or touching them if its not your car.

9) Please no parking on the grass.

10) Have fun

What are your ideas, thoughts, questions, or conserns???? Please post if you are going or think about going!!! I will be checking all the forums every couple of days and checking my PM’s if needed. Thanks!

What are your ideas and thougths???? Please post!!!!

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 09-15-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2006
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was gonna PM you the other day about organizing a meet before the end of the summer but I forgot. Anywayz, yes I agree that July is too soon. August would be ideal. I'm down for any Sunday cuz I'm off from work. About the food situation, we need to make sure that everyone who plans on eating pays cuz last time some people got free food. Also we need to buy slightly higher quality meat than what we bought last time. Remember last time the meat was falling apart on the grill and or turning black on the outside but still pink inside. As far as getting the word out, I've still got some business cards that an old member handed out to us at one of the previous meets. I can pass those out to people that I see randomly and try to recruit some peeps. I know you said that you have usernames on a bunch of other car sites. Post up on those sites as soon as we get a date set.
Old 06-23-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
I never went to the other meet so i dont know how it was. Im down for this one tho. August would probably be the best choice unless it can be late july. Just keep us up to date on when n where..
Old 06-23-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the replies GreatWhite02 and MidnightCivic!!

What does everyone think of Sunday August 27th, 2006??????

I know it only been 19-20 hours since the original post but I am calling out some of the big posters on this site that help put the last one (December 11th) together pretty good… (If some of ya’ll are still around)

RedMEansGoOo - Kevin
2k2civ34 – Joel
Danger Mouse

Hopfully ya’ll can help out too? Please.

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 07-07-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
is this gonna be a mourning meet agian?

if anything post on epatch and club rsx
Old 06-24-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Alright, the man is finally here. We can finally settle on a date. Alright well the civic will be gone by the time of this meet. I am in Virginia working right now maknig money for a new car...To be named later As for the date I am unsure, but sundays work best for almost EVERYONE! I will give y'all a hint on the new car...(already ordered Volks )
Old 06-25-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by X0DuZz
is this gonna be a mourning meet agian?

if anything post on epatch and club rsx
Yes this will be a late morning/early afternoon start (11:00a.m.) but no telling when it will end tho.

Yeah I am also a member of close to 10 other cars sites. That was the last failure to the last meet we tried... was not posted anywhere else other than this site.

Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
Alright, the man is finally here. We can finally settle on a date. Alright well the civic will be gone by the time of this meet. I am in Virginia working right now maknig money for a new car...To be named later As for the date I am unsure, but sundays work best for almost EVERYONE! I will give y'all a hint on the new car...(already ordered Volks )
I am sticking with Sunday August 20th. Alright can't wait for that new car to come so you can show it in the next meet. Anything that is worthy of putting on Volks should be nice!

BTW I didn't get to the last big meet we had... but who went to go get the food last time?

Edited: UPDATED THE FIRST POST!!

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 06-25-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2006
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up dfw peeps.. i am in town today for the weekend. i pretty chick driving a blue a 01-03 2dr civic with clear headlights, tsunami front bumper, octane sideskirts and rear bumper..i just thought she was pretty hahha
Old 06-26-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Well hopfully that girl will "catch wind" of this meet and come! That would be nice!
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
^hey, aren't you on the ephatch forums too? are you still going to that "meet and drive"
Old 06-27-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
preatty chick eh? lol can i see a picture to verify this ahaha
Old 06-27-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by 02cvcEX
^hey, aren't you on the ephatch forums too? are you still going to that "meet and drive"

Yeah I am on ephatch.com (I am on all the web-sites listed above). I am still going to the meet. Are you still going?
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
eh, hopefully. my ep's going into the shop b/c somebody hit me about a week ago. it's just body work so it shouldnt take more than a week.. so hopefully it'll be done before the meet.
Old 06-28-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Humm the day before school starts.. humm.. should i stay or should i go now? hummm... let me think about this one lol.
Old 06-28-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by 02cvcEX
eh, hopefully. my ep's going into the shop b/c somebody hit me about a week ago. it's just body work so it shouldnt take more than a week.. so hopefully it'll be done before the meet.
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope it comes out look all good and before the meet.

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
Humm the day before school starts.. humm.. should i stay or should i go now? hummm... let me think about this one lol.
With the car you have you can just fly over here with that monster. lol. Do it!

I was just thinking if all registered DFW 7thgener's showed up we would have a huge meet.... Look...

01blkvic
02cvcEX
1fastminivan
2k1civic01
2k2civ34
4dr05
acidbaby
anne
ArlingtonMarisa
civicbeast
civicholo
Danger Mouse
DF_Dub7thGen
DigitalSleeper
dma001
elchrispy
gaugeof12
GoMavs
GreatWhite02
import2nr
j-jolly
jknudsen
john_817
kingofheartz
Lord ET
mag05ex
MidnightCivic
MiGsB16
movfyw
nick18
RedMEansGoOo
revan7
sho_shane
sleekcivic2004
tnel2005
vccivic
X0DuZz

That is 37 cars. Where are ya'll guys?

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 06-28-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Come on Glen come to the meet. You won't regret it.
Old 06-28-2006
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by X0DuZz
preatty chick eh? lol can i see a picture to verify this ahaha

i was driving next to her.. i was with my siblings didnt want to be that noticeable. but she was driving very slow..
Old 06-28-2006

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Come on Glen come to the meet. You won't regret it.
Just cause you want to ride huh?
Old 06-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

No...I want to DRIVE IT....haha j/k. No I really want to just see it. Also what else are you going to be doing? beating off?
Old 06-28-2006

Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
Yes this will be a late morning/early afternoon start (11:00a.m.) but no telling when it will end tho.

Yeah I am also a member of close to 10 other cars sites. That was the last failure to the last meet we tried... was not posted anywhere else other than this site.

I am sticking with Sunday August 20th. Alright can't wait for that new car to come so you can show it in the next meet. Anything that is worthy of putting on Volks should be nice!

BTW I didn't get to the last big meet we had... but who went to go get the food last time?

Edited: UPDATED THE FIRST POST!!
Me and another guy from Abeline went to get the food. Last time we didn't buy enough stuff because more peeps showed up after we left and then expected food when we got back. NEW RULE!!!, IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING MONEY FOR FOOD OR YOU DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE GIVE THE MONEY FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN MEANS OF EATING BECAUSE WE CANNOT WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO SHOW UP TWO OR THREE HOURS LATER. LIKE I SAID, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE, HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS GOING BRING YOUR MONEY WITH THEM OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER FRIENDS GOING, POST UP AND WE WILL BE SURE TO CONSIDER YOU WHEN WE BUY FOOD.
Old 06-28-2006

No...I want to DRIVE IT....haha j/k. No I really want to just see it. Also what else are you going to be doing? beating off?
well not really, school starts on the 21st, and my cousin is supposed to have a baby on the 21st.. so if she pops early that would be a good thing.. and i could roll.. but we'll see when august rolls around. just remind me.
Old 06-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Damn John, you sound pissed Yeah that is a good rule because most people are going to come to the meet hungry and they don't want to wait for people to sleep in and then show up late.
Old 06-29-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by GreatWhite02
Me and another guy from Abeline went to get the food. Last time we didn't buy enough stuff because more peeps showed up after we left and then expected food when we got back. NEW RULE!!!, IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING MONEY FOR FOOD OR YOU DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE GIVE THE MONEY FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN MEANS OF EATING BECAUSE WE CANNOT WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO SHOW UP TWO OR THREE HOURS LATER. LIKE I SAID, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE, HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS GOING BRING YOUR MONEY WITH THEM OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER FRIENDS GOING, POST UP AND WE WILL BE SURE TO CONSIDER YOU WHEN WE BUY FOOD.
WOW!!! Tell you the truth I was a little nervous about the money, food, and people ratio! IMO the last statement in there "IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER FRIENDS GOING, POST UP AND WE WILL BE SURE TO CONSIDER YOU WHEN WE BUY FOOD." maybe trouble down the line. Because if we have to many people posting and when it comes to that date they don't show... that will be money out of someone’s pocket. I am just watching about for us. This will be added and updated! This is great keep the ideas and comments coming!!!! Thanks a lot!

EDIT: CAN SOMEONE STICKY THIS???

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 06-29-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

^^^I am Joel motherfvcking Cook I can get anything done!
Old 06-29-2006

I don't know though because somehow someone is gonna end up freeloading. Not to mention those park grilles are the shittiest things to ever be conceived by man. We need some way to differentiate between who has paid to eat and who hasn't. What if we bring rubber bands and give everyone one to wear who pays for food ? You know kinda like how they put that wrist band on you if your 21 when you go to a club. What do you guyz think. I mean as much as I want everyone to have a good time and as cheesy as that sounds, you gotta chip in your fair share if you want to eat.
Old 06-30-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Yeah there will always be a freeloading a$shole around. The rubber band thing sound great but people will share the band to get free food too. I think we will have to stick with the old pen and paper taking names, who has paid, and eaten.

Okay I have finalized what will be posted on other sites. I know it sound a little prison campish but we need some kind of organized plan. Tell me what ya'll think????? I will post this next Monday (07/02/06).

Hello everyone! There will be a BBQ and car meet listed below. This is for the people that can’t make it to the different meets during the week because of work or other activities. If your car is bone stock or not do not hesitate to come out!!! ALL CARS ARE WELCOMED BUT LIKE TO (DON'T HAVE TO) KEEP IT IN THE IMPORT FAMILY.

Date:

Sunday, August 20th, 2006

Place:
River Legacy Park
(817) 459-5474
701 Nw Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76006
Link--->http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd...0DZV2vNzjHsg--

Time:
Start Time:11:00-11:30
End Time: Whenever

Food:
Everyone "pitch in" $5.00 bucks for hamburgers, chips, drinks, and maybe hot dogs. Dollar store paper plates, napkins, and condiments. Donations of caracole, lighter fluid, and grilling utensils will be more than welcomed!!! I need volunteers (cooking/getting the food) for this one please. If each person would help just a little in some way this could be one of the best meets yet!

***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ***

IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING MONEY FOR FOOD OR YOU DID NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PUT IN MONEY FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN MEANS OF EATING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE TO SHOW UP TWO OR THREE HOURS LATER. LIKE NOTED ABOVE, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS GOING BRING YOUR MONEY WITH THEM. WE WILL BE TAKING QUANITY COUNTS BETWEEN 11:30-11:45 A.M. SO PLEASE BE THERE BEFORE OR BETWEEN THOSE TIMES.

Other sites that will be notified...
www.7thgencivic.com
www.nt7g.com
www.ephatch.com
www.clubrsx.com
www.texas-imports.com
www.texasimprots.org
www.clubcivic.com
www.dallasimports.net
www.import-driven.net
www.8thcivic.com
www.dfdub.net
www.hondacivicforums.com
www.dfwmodified.com
www.hondaforums.com
www.clubhonda.com
www.superhonda.com
www.honda-acura.net
If you have other websites that are not up here please tell me or spread the word yourself!!!

THE RULES

1) No alcohol of any kind. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. Drugs will NOT be allowed as well.

2) No repetitive revving engines or sounding your car horns. (If just got a new exhaust or something and someone wants to hear how it sounds, that’s cool, but to just sit there and rev your car over and over again for no reason, not cool, just stupid, that’s just how I feel, I’m sorry

3) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the park from the street. Please be sure to pay attention to how you enter the exit the parking lot. Be alert at all times. Even if you are on the far side of the lot from the meet.

4) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the dumpsters. Do not leave trash on the ground.

5) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people. This environment is a friendly one. Automotive enthusiasts drive many different kinds of cars, and come from many different back grounds. PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS.

6) No street racing at or near the meet or mixing races with the meet. This is a very fast way to lose the meet. We do not condone street racing. We ask you kindly not to do it ANYWHERE near the meet.

7) No burn/peel outs. No reckless driving No drifting or attempts to drift. We all like to show off are new toys, but please don't use that new turbo here.

8) Please respect other peoples cars by not leaning or touching them if its not your car.

9) Please no parking on the grass.

10) Have fun

What are your ideas, thoughts, questions, or conserns???? Please post if you are going or think about going!!! I will be checking all the forums every couple of days and checking my PM’s if needed. Thanks!

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 06-30-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Damn bro, you really went all out on this typing. This is great finally someone is taking initiative over the meet. Damn that is alot of websites. I hope we can get around 100+ cars there. Aww why can I not try and drift my new car around the corner??? I might not come now! (not really) Also...
NO FVCKING PARKING IN THE GODDAMN GRASS

That is all.

-Joel
Old 06-30-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

The new rule has been added! "9) No parking on the grass." I for got about that last time. Very nice! Thanks!

Someone had to take the initiative over the meet. I think to much probably was happening in that person (that started the meet) life that they couldn't put thought and time into it.

Yeah there are more websites than that, it is just I had some trouble getting logged on to some of them.

Another worry is what if it's a big turn out... what about the parking? I guess the cars can flow down to the next picnic area where that Church was last time. Anyway there was more parking down that way I think...

You know what happened last time someone drifted... they ran into a pole.... I think his name was Bobby...lol
Old 06-30-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Bobby is a tool and he won't be there. Or atleast I don't think so. But Bobby is still my friend. It just seems like he always fvcks something up when he comes to a meet.
Old 07-02-2006

I'm hoping to have my new brakes and suspension by the meet but you know how that goes? Ohh texascivic2k1, make sure that you remind those sites with a post every other week so that they don't read it and then forget about it.

Quick Reply: ***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***