***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedMEansGoOo is an unknown quantity at this point
well the reasons that question arose, was because it was brought to my attention that if we may be able to get some shops, stores, or retailers to assist/sporsor us finacially to that we may be able to secure a large location for out meets that may be benefitial.

have you seen who sponsors this event?? what if they can hook us up with a couple hundred dollars per meet, pass out a few goodies, coupons, stickers, flyers, ete that would be worth it.. ideas? suggestions?

my whole intention is that if our meets get bigger we have to find other locations...and im not sure everyone is into forking over more money for the meets
Old 08-08-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Just out of curiousity..How well planned is this meet i mean it seems youve posted on every dwf site possible..soo im sure alot of people are going
Old 08-09-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RedMEansGoOo
well the reasons that question arose, was because it was brought to my attention that if we may be able to get some shops, stores, or retailers to assist/sporsor us finacially to that we may be able to secure a large location for out meets that may be benefitial.

have you seen who sponsors this event?? what if they can hook us up with a couple hundred dollars per meet, pass out a few goodies, coupons, stickers, flyers, ete that would be worth it.. ideas? suggestions?

my whole intention is that if our meets get bigger we have to find other locations...and im not sure everyone is into forking over more money for the meets
Do you think it might be too late to get a sponsor? I will e-mail Mike to see how he got those sponsors. I am pretty sure he had to spend some of his money first to get money back. Overall I think it would be a great idea to go out and try to get sponsors... Lincoln Tech/Hooters...etc.

I think we need to get together along with anyone who wants to help on this site. Or we should have a mini meet? Next week? Suggestions?

Originally Posted by MidnightCivic
Just out of curiousity..How well planned is this meet i mean it seems youve posted on every dwf site possible..soo im sure alot of people are going
IMO this meet is planned as well as any other meet we have had on this site. I really don't know if that is saying much or not. But the one thing I am targeting is the money and food situation. Last time several people ate without paying.

Yeah I think I have covered every DFW site possible except ricekillers.com. I didn't do that site because there are way too many cars that come to that meet and wouldn't fit in that park. Also that is the reason I skipped out on the flyers too. This meet I think will be an experience that I need to plan a better meet in October/November. Just to figure out what the do's and don'ts are. That is also the reason I ask for suggestions/comments/concerns because I will take them into consideration.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres my .02 on the pay before you eat situation. Go to wal-mart, k-mart, whatever. And buy those ticket roles. If you dont have a ticket you dont eat. And you get your ticket when you pay. Maybe that will help. You ahve to present your ticket before you get your food....
B
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mag05ex
Heres my .02 on the pay before you eat situation. Go to wal-mart, k-mart, whatever. And buy those ticket roles. If you dont have a ticket you dont eat. And you get your ticket when you pay. Maybe that will help. You ahve to present your ticket before you get your food....
B
thats a good idea, however if you dont redeem the ticket they can just pass it on to the next person..id say do the x-mark on the hand but if they got a sharpee well daym...and the whole bracelet thing is rather expensive.

plus there are fatasses like me who get seconds...plus we still had alot of food..so it ended up being okay..overall

Originally Posted by texascivic2k1

I think we need to get together along with anyone who wants to help on this site. Or we should have a mini meet? Next week? Suggestions?

mini meet next week. we can conveign and brainstorm to find a resolution.

during the week or weekend??
i know your in arlington..maybe river legacy?? i think joel metioned hes like 10min away so that shouldnt be a prob (if true)

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-09-2006 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Yeah I live 15 minutes away when I am in school and I move in next week. So anytime is good for me. But not this weekend, but the next weekend me and my friend are moving his sister into her dorm in Missiouri and we are going to go mudding up there in my car. But any other weekend, if I am not getting drunk, I will come out there and we can talk about stuff.
Old 08-09-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mag05ex
B
That sounds like a good idea maybe one of the best ones yet... but what if someone says that they lost or dropped their ticket. Well any of these plans aren't full proof but we need to come to an agreement.

These are the days I am available (if it meets up with your schedule)

Friday August 11th after 6:00pm (this Friday) Hooters (Any of them)?
Sunday August 13th in the morning to early afternoon River Legacy Park?
Monday August 14th after 6:00pm in Frisco at the Ricekillers.com meet?

These are just some ideas. Hopefully these are not too soon for ya'll to attend or make plans to come to.

What do ya'll think???
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

the first 2 options sound fair, but def. not the last one...i will prob go with sunday @ river legacy
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

04TXtoys will become famous soon enough04TXtoys will become famous soon enough
That sounds like a good idea. i am available on all 3 of those days, just not during the day on saturday.
Old 08-10-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by RedMEansGoOo
the first 2 options sound fair, but def. not the last one...i will prob go with sunday @ river legacy
I am leaning more toward the River Legacy one too. I mean what a better place to plan it than at the spot. The last option was because it seems that majority of the people live in the Dallas side than the Fort Worth side (Trying to be even).

Well any one else down for the "Mini Meet" Sunday August 13th?

Place: River Legacy Park
Start Time: (Around)11:00a.m. to ???

What do ya'll think?
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

ya, thats sounds good to me.
Old 08-10-2006
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah this sunday sounds good. ill be there to help throw in some ideas.
Old 08-10-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Exclamation ***Official Mini Meet Sunday August 13th***

Okay we have enough people going to make it official. But of course more people are welcome to come and voice their opinions/ideas.

Date: Sunday August 13th, 2006
Place: River Legacy Park
Time: 11:00a.m.

"So let it be written, so let it be done!" - Rameses
Old 08-10-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
*sigh* y'all have to pick the day I am moving in. I will be busy all day.
Old 08-10-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by SLO REX
*sigh* y'all have to pick the day I am moving in. I will be busy all day.
I thought you were open this weekend or did I read it wrong?
Old 08-10-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by SLO REX
Yeah I live 15 minutes away when I am in school and I move in next week. So anytime is good for me. But not this weekend, but the next weekend me and my friend are moving his sister into her dorm in Missiouri and we are going to go mudding up there in my car. But any other weekend, if I am not getting drunk, I will come out there and we can talk about stuff.
No you read it wrong.
Old 08-10-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

I knew I was right! I was talking with my wife about the meet and she read up on the forums too. And I asked her what she got out of it. She thought (and got my to believe) that you meant by "not this weekend I will be moving my friends sister but next weekend I will busy. And this weekend I will be open."

My stupid mistake sorry.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

well just post a date and time..
Old 08-10-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
ummm mini meet?
i would like to see ur car agian my friend
Old 08-10-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by X0DuZz
ummm mini meet?
i would like to see ur car agian my friend
If we do do a "Mini Meet" this weekend I won't have my car. It will be in the shop. I will be in my wifes Mini Cooper.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

Would you guys be down to show up at river legacy,check out the scene and then maybe going to hooters down the street for some wings and a beer? cause sunday it is gonna be HOT HOT HOT outside !!
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

im up for it, what time...
anytime but the morning

im available tonight or tomorrow also

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-10-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

I am in San Antonio checking out the import scene. well hanging with Kari (Day_Tripper)
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

What about Hooters (the one in Arlington so its close to Legacy Park) tonight?? Anybody?? I am available after 6:30 p.m.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
What about Hooters (the one in Arlington so its close to Legacy Park) tonight?? Anybody?? I am available after 6:30 p.m.
Tonight is fine with me, however i do have somewhere to be a 7pm tonight, but i can stop by there and immediately leave straight back to arlington. would 8pm be cool?
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Yeah 8 pm is cool with me. Anybody else?
Old 08-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Hmm I might come out. Hooter's sounds awesome tonight.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
OKay so heres an added thought to the ticket idea i came up with. May be a little over doing it but what if we have some one keep a list of the ticket numbers handed out. Maybe then we wont have people trying to jump in for seconds or other people no paying. I mean unless your the person in charge, i dont think anyone should get seconds with out permission from the head honch <lol>. Hope that helps a little more..
Blake
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

So, is everyone set on 8pm @ river legacy then to hooters? or just hooters?

and whats the roll call looking like for tonight?
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by 04TXtoys
So, is everyone set on 8pm @ river legacy then to hooters? or just hooters?

and whats the roll call looking like for tonight?
Well I'm in for it. But we do need to decide the which place to show up first. River Legacy Park closes at 10 p.m. and it should be cooled off by then to go to the park at 8 o'clock. and then to Hooter's.

Quick Reply: ***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***