***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
So true, I hope I have all my parts in by then.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

RedMEansGoOo is an unknown quantity at this point
texascivic2k1

well it seems that your meet coordinator..i believe to reserve the spot is like $150 for half day and 250 for a full day, i was trying to reserve the area for something else. (btw here is the number if you dont have it 817-459-5473)

well im just saying we ought to have a plan, we cant control the entire park.
i dont know how the police may react but perhaps we can control an jr high. or high school?? i dont know how big the parking lots are. but just an idea...then we can cruise to kennedale or something
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

04TXtoys will become famous soon enough04TXtoys will become famous soon enough
ouch, that hurts...however i work like 2 blocks away from river legacy and go there all the time to eat lunch and chill out for a bit and i have never had to pay. from what ive noticed its a come and go environment. but if he called and thats what they said then that seems like an issue ........i will throw in though if neccesary!
Old 07-26-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
We won't have to pay. That is if you want to reserve a spot and no one else can come there. If we don't pay and there are people there before us we have to either force them out by being loud or just be loud.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

=
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

GoMavs is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in.
Old 07-27-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RedMEansGoOo
texascivic2k1

well it seems that your meet coordinator..i believe to reserve the spot is like $150 for half day and 250 for a full day, i was trying to reserve the area for something else. (btw here is the number if you dont have it 817-459-5473)

well im just saying we ought to have a plan, we cant control the entire park.
i dont know how the police may react but perhaps we can control an jr high. or high school?? i dont know how big the parking lots are. but just an idea...then we can cruise to kennedale or something
As much as I really don't want to be coordinator but I guess I am. lol $150 is a lot for me at this time to budget in my schedule. damn.

I am all ears for a plan. I guess I am not comprehending this right (Please bare with me)… You think it is better to have it at a Jr. High or High School parking lot? Why? That I know for sure we have to get written permission to have any event in that parking lot. And if we do change the spot I don’t think we will have a good turn out like it is now. I think I have an expected 100 cars maybe pushing 150 as of the end of July. I have the guy that started ricekillers.com (Jared and probably his crew) and several car clubs coming as far as Austin/San Antonio (clubrsx.com).

Just F.Y.I., I am not throwing any thing in anybody’s face (incase I sound like it). I am just telling you what we are up against already so we can take it into consideration when planning. Yeah I think I have bitten off more than I can chew but I am up for a challenge! Along the way I have meet (online) sponsors and owners of these huge car meets and I have enjoyed talking to all of them. It might be a business I would like to get into.

But anyways I have Mike (owner of the Import Experience Car Show) helping supply some food for the picnic (It was part of the deal to move the date back). So if we go to the Jr. High/High School are we going to eat? Or are we going to stand around and look at the cars?

I really appreciate you or anybody’s input! I will call you this weekend and maybe you (Kevin), Joel, GreatWhite02 and me can get together (@ Hooter’s or something) and come up with a plan. Sorry to throw you in there Joel but you have done/helped put together the last several meets together.

Hit me up (817) 846-2303

Edit: Yeah Kennedale sounds good to me.

Originally Posted by GoMavs
I am in.
Got you up there on page one! Thanks!

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 07-27-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

well i really want to see this happen, i think it would be cool as hell to get this many people and their cars together at the same time, therefore like i said before i am willing to help in which ever way i can.
Old 07-27-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 04TXtoys
well i really want to see this happen, i think it would be cool as hell to get this many people and their cars together at the same time, therefore like i said before i am willing to help in which ever way i can.
Yeah I want to see this happen too... That’s the whole reason I put this together. And it would be nice to get a lot of cars together and people but the problem is the people. There is always one fool (and I do mean as$hole) that will burn out be really loud... just act stupid! and get the police out here. I did put up "rules" to go by so it wont get broken up by the police. But this it a public place and I really have no "say so" in a public area.

If this goes smoothly I am willing to plan another one and talk to a couple of sponsors and get this held at a certified place (Hooter's, Texas Stadium, Putt-Putt..etc.).

Once we or I or anyone gets a plan I will get a hold of you and see how you can help. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

I got AWD and turbo now, so I will be drifting and burning out really loud!!1!!!! Haha yeah right.
Old 07-27-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by SLO REX
I got AWD and turbo now, so I will be drifting and burning out really loud!!1!!!! Haha yeah right.
Yeah I can see you right in the middle of the field doing donuts!
Old 07-27-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

I remember back in the day when we wanted to park on the grass so we could listen to the radio over by the BBQ grills. lol stupid idea.
Old 07-27-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by SLO REX
I remember back in the day when we wanted to park on the grass so we could listen to the radio over by the BBQ grills. lol stupid idea.
^ I'll bring a raido is some one bring some music.
Old 07-28-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
ahhh man ur car is badddd....I needa see ur car in day time man...even my girl liked ur car.
Old 07-28-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by X0DuZz
ahhh man ur car is badddd....I needa see ur car in day time man...even my girl liked ur car.
Thanks man! Yeah I need to take pics with the new hood and seats now. I usually don't go out the GTG during the week... it wasn't too bad. You'll get to see it if you come to the meet.

I am trying to get out and do stuff with the import scene in the DFW. Damn school had kept me locked up for the last two years. There was some really nice SI in your crew. Is your "crew" coming out to the meet? Because there is several SI coming out according to ephatch.com.... unless they are one of those screen names that I can't put a car to there names.

Also I am thinking about turboing as soon as my school loan goes down. Damn 400 dollars a month!
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Ya, your car is most definately the shizzle! cant wait to see it.

i love that night shot of the interior lights! im actually gonna order my guage's and pod for the a-pillar tonight....i just gotta figure out which one i want. im having trouble matching up the colors (redish orange) with the stock lights in the instument cluster. any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
[QUOTE=texascivic2k1]
I am trying to get out and do stuff with the import scene in the DFW. Damn school had kept me locked up for the last two years. There was some really nice SI in your crew. Is your "crew" coming out to the meet? Because there is several SI coming out according to ephatch.com.... unless they are one of those screen names that I can't put a car to there names.
QUOTE]

yah they are from e-patch. one guys name is vee and another is tune.
Old 07-28-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Well as far as matching up with the redish/orange color I haven't found any. That is why I bought from Glowshift gauges so I can choose any color I want. But if you look at my sale thread below (in my sign vvv) that is as close as I can go.

I am still selling those if you still interested. $120.00?? I'll meet up with you as soon as today if you like. Get back with me when you can.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

lilaphganboi is an unknown quantity at this point
im going to come if im still in texas by that time.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man any way you can e-mail me some directions of where this is gonna be at. Im not reall familiar with the DFW area. I'll be coming from Abilene, which is 160 mileswest of you guys. I'll coming in off of I-20 then redirect onto I-30. Just need directions from there man, Zekey_boy@yahoo.com
Thanx
Blake
Old 07-31-2006
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its easy. Just take 20 east towards Dallas. When you get to the 20/30 split, take 30. Exit Hwy 360 and go north to Green Oaks and exit. Hang a left on green oaks and keep going west on green oaks until you see the park on your right. It's about 2 miles or so from the highway on green oaks. Once you go through the main gate, keep going straight until you see a left turn. turn left and come around and you should see a big open field and hopefully a shitload of cars.
Old 08-01-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Thanks GreatWhite02! I also emailed you mag05ex.

Edit: My One thousandth post!
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet man, seems easy enough... Look forward to it...
Blake
Old 08-01-2006
umm....yeah?

imma bump this thread cause i feel like.

bump^
Old 08-01-2006
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point

AWWWW SHHEEEIT!! Whose ready for the meet?

Hopefully I'll cop my powerslots before the end of the month!!!
Old 08-01-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Yeah hopefully I can get the civic sold by then, then I can get my wheels bu then and also some other mods!
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

hey guys i just had some time today so i kinda surveyed the area incase we need a back up plan should river legacy fail.

1. Arlington high or lamar high
2. business area off trinity blvd
3. dave and busters/speedzone has a large lot...make it a cruise i dont know

..but regardless dont know how much attention we can draw to ourseleves
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

say what was the event that was gonna take place on the original date??

i came across this http://www.importexperience.com/
Old 08-08-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

That is it. It is the weekend before our meet.
Old 08-08-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Yep I that is the one. I am entering the Car Show in that event too. The guy that is running it (Mike) will help provide the chips and drinks at our meet for moving the date back a week.

Quick Reply: ***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***