***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04TXtoys will become famous soon enough04TXtoys will become famous soon enough
Ya, why dont we just do that then. we can show up @ river legacy first, scope the scene and then haul *** to hooters?

you gonna have your car tonight bryan? or is it already in the shop?
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 04TXtoys
Ya, why dont we just do that then. we can show up @ river legacy first, scope the scene and then haul *** to hooters?

you gonna have your car tonight bryan? or is it already in the shop?
I will have my car tonight but then it goes into the shop tomorrow.

Edit: Oh yeah that sounds like a plan to me.
Old 08-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Hmm...So we are meeting at River Legacy at 8pm? I dunno if this is worth the hour and a half drive I have from my parent's house. Hey Bryan, how important is this meet?

Well I found out one thing coming back from San Antonio, the WRX tops out atleast 135 Me and an EVO set the cruise on 135 for about 15-20 miles. Those 15-20 miles FLEW by so damn quick.

Last edited by SLO REX; 08-11-2006 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SLO REX
Hmm...So we are meeting at River Legacy at 8pm? I dunno if this is worth the hour and a half drive I have from my parent's house. Hey Bryan, how important is this meet?

Well I found out one thing coming back from San Antonio, the WRX tops out atleast 135 Me and an EVO set the cruise on 135 for about 15-20 miles. Those 15-20 miles FLEW by so damn quick.
This meet is not that really really important it's just who ever wants to get together and brain storm and drink some beer. But no final planning in tonight’s get together. When I want to do some final planning is when we get a nice group of number of people together from this site.

Hey Joel when is the best time for you? Here is my schedule until the meet...

I am open to all the weekdays and weekends except (these are the times not good for me):
Saturday August 12th (all day)
Sunday August 13th from 12:30 to 9:00 pm
Sunday August 20th all day (Import Experience)
Saturday August 26th all day (Company Picnic )

But remember if the majority of the group can meet on a day that I am not available... go ahead that’s okay with me. But I really would like to get together sometime before the meet to work out some question... etc.

I bet that drive went quick
Old 08-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Yeah the drive took a little under 4 and a half hours for a regularly scheduled 5 hour and 50 minute drive.
Old 08-11-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
So you guys are meeting up at 8?? If so ill probably go just to get to know you guys a little better

edit: Now that im looking at the map is it located near Itt Tech over in collins?
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Cool, bout to haul *** outa work so i guess i'll see you guys out at river legacy @ 8.
Old 08-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Also to add to the quickness I made it back from SA. I also had to drive to my parent's house, which is an hour east of Dallas. So basically I was hauling *** the entire time.
Old 08-11-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Man that is some fast *** time there Joel! You are really breaking in the WRX.

Well about to head out that way! Its 7:10p.m on the computer.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

RedMEansGoOo is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys who ever hasnt left pls PLS call me or joel

Kevin (me) 817-229-6452

Joel 214-394-3934

joels running late and i dont know if i can make it on time...ill prob be out at around 10ish or so..if anyone wants to meet
Old 08-11-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
:\ i think i went late park was all alone lol
Old 08-12-2006
Registered!!

so how did it go??
Old 08-12-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

It went good, gotta love Hooter's. We were at the park until around 8:45 or 9. Bryan was awesome and paid for our Hooter's so all is good. But I suggested we get a note pad, and write down sequential numbers and after someone pays we put there name next to a number and tell them to remember their number and when they come get food, they say their number and we mark it off the list.
Old 08-13-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

It did go good like Joel said. Because you have that face to face conversation and it quicker talking/typing than the forums here. The note pad with the numbers is a good idea. But to help that idea, to remember the numbers we could pull the last two or three digits off of the tickets so no one forgets there number.

Another idea is a hand stamp. Some thing unique that you can't just go down to Albertson to buy that day.

We were also thinking about the quantity of the food. If we have a large turn out we might buy out all of a certain kind of meat and might be short. So I might go ahead and buy some of the meat a day ahead and the rest that morning at the meet.

Then about the meet today... If anyone wants to meet like planned to day I will be checking in around 10:30 am this morning to see if any one is still going. If I do go I can only stay from 11:00am to 12:15pm. Or you can call me at 817-846-2303.
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

anyone available this week to meet preferablly from 7:30pm+

maybe we can do a mini-meet or something

i dont know how many of you are in alrington but i believe like every thursday some VW group meets up at starbucks off green oaks and s. cooper
Old 08-13-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Eh I am too good for a VW group meet After I get moved in I will be available...i.e. later this week, but I am leaving for Missiouri thursday I think.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

well call me tool...
Old 08-14-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Umm this week is too crazy to do anything. I am still having problems moving into my apartment, but good thing is, my school loan will cover the apartment because it is an SMU certified school apartment. YAY!
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

well if your free give me a call..im pretty much free for the next week or two during the week plus i have a few suggestions and idea...already spoke to brian about it...hopefully he can pull some magic, if possible.

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-14-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay so i was thinking about driving up that Saturday. That we the wife, my son, and I can get out of the house. Not to mention i dont wanna sit in the car for 2 1/2hrs, stand out in the heat all day, the drive back that evening. So would any of ya'll wanna hang out, go to dinner that Saturday night. Considering i tend to be shy some time, that might help me out, lol. But whatever sounds good. later..
Blake
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mag05ex
Okay so i was thinking about driving up that Saturday. That we the wife, my son, and I can get out of the house. Not to mention i dont wanna sit in the car for 2 1/2hrs, stand out in the heat all day, the drive back that evening. So would any of ya'll wanna hang out, go to dinner that Saturday night. Considering i tend to be shy some time, that might help me out, lol. But whatever sounds good. later..
Blake

so your gonna come sat, the weekend of the meet and stay the night?
Old 08-14-2006
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Blake
Hey man that is cool. I'll chill with you on Saturday night. Do you have an idea of what hotel/motel you will be staying at?

Sorry I missed the mini meet guys. I didn't realize y'all were gonna change the time so I didn't bother checking the thread. But I will be at the meet for sure.
By the way, is anybody familiar with a bearing on the strut assembley needing to be "indexed" properly? My springs keep "sliding" in the spring seat and H&R said that the bearing is probably not indexed properly. Does anyone know what the hell they are talking about so I can get JoTech to fix it?
Old 08-15-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Well I am up for a mini meet that Saturday right before the big meet. I think that will help everyone put faces to the names that are on here (the main players which is everyone on this site). Because once we are there at that meet there will be so many people that you can't really meet everyone.

Hey Blake get back with us with the hotel/motel you are staying at.

Also like Kevin (RedMEansGoOo) said we still need to meet before the meet for a game plan. This Thursday sound good for me so far. Any one else up for this mini meet? I think this meet is at Wing Stop.
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

hey blake if your staying over night let me know...maybe i can help you out with a discount or something...pm me

hey brian thursday sounds good, which wingstop??
ill be available at 8pm

hey brian anything new with mike happen??

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-15-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

The WingStop I am talking about is this one found in this thread...

http://www.vdubaddiction.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17736

We could meet up there at 8 - 8:30p.m.? And for everyone else!! EVERYONE ON HERE IS WELCOMED TO COME JOIN US!

I didn't even get with Mike this weekend. It was just a bad weekend for me (I was sick, my wife’s birthday, and cut my self... probably should have gone to the hospital but to stubborn). But I will call him and see if he wants to meet up with us and he can pass out his flyers for his show at the same time.
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

yea thats the one i posted about earlier...all i see are vdubs...and not much of any other cars..i feel so intimidated..lol

oh btw, brian lets meet first before making any moves...gotta have a plan first.

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-15-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

So whats this vw meet all about?
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

mag05ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, a discount would be greatly appreciated. Not really looking for a high dollar place. Just somewhere to sleep pretty much, maybe swim a little bit with the family. Maybe Motel6 or something. Probably the one in Arlington, i think i remember where it is, lol. My cell is down so if i call you guys, it will be from the motel/hotel. Coming up Saturday when me and the wife get off is easier on us, then driving up on Sunday morning. Wings sounds awesome, but will need someone to follow for sure. Im really looking forward to meeting all of you, cuz i think without this little mini meet on Saturday, we would all be lost from each other, with the exception of the ones who already know each other. So yah Saturday-wings-beer-new friends-sweet!!!
Blake

Also any of you myspace?? I do, hit me up, add me, www.myspace.com/bigintexas
Blake

Blake

Last edited by mag05ex; 08-15-2006 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by 04TXtoys
So whats this vw meet all about?
This meet is going to have the same objective as the one last Friday. Just in a different area.

Hey man, a discount would be greatly appreciated. Not really looking for a high dollar place. Just somewhere to sleep pretty much, maybe swim a little bit with the family. Maybe Motel6 or something. Probably the one in Arlington, i think i remember where it is, lol. My cell is down so if i call you guys, it will be from the motel/hotel. Coming up Saturday when me and the wife get off is easier on us, then driving up on Sunday morning. Wings sounds awesome, but will need someone to follow for sure. Im really looking forward to meeting all of you, cuz i think without this little mini meet on Saturday, we would all be lost from each other, with the exception of the ones who already know each other. So yah Saturday-wings-beer-new friends-sweet!!!
Blake
Wings-Beer-New Friends… All your missing is hot women and what more could a man ask for! lol.

When you know were you are staying let us know so week can meet up!
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

hey brian we gonna mingle amongst the Vdubs..??

hey let me know which hotel/motel you staying at i can get discounted rates on some of them...like super 8, days inn, knights inn, howard johnson, travel lodge, wingate inn

Last edited by RedMEansGoOo; 08-15-2006 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: ***Official DFW Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006***