2001 Honda and Accord Air bag recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all
Re: 2001 Honda and Accord Air bag recall

thats good, but i still wanted it to be changed just to be safe =X
Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cknsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

To forum:
Can anyone give me a referral to a reputable dealer in the Portland OR metro area to handle this recall issue with my daughter's Civic? I've looked at several review sites for dealers in our area and it's difficult to get an accurate read on which one really stands out.
Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Just take it to a dealer. It'll be free to fix.
Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

maybe Triz can help you with that since he's from portland OR

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...2813-triz.html
Old 04-26-2010
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I just got my notice in the mail. But, I'm really starting to wonder if my SRS even works. . lol.

The light came on one day. I tried the "DIY Reset", but that never worked. Then the stealership reset it and it was off. Then one day it came on randomly again and the stealership reset it again. Then I got into an accident. I was going pretty fast, enough to smash my radiator, but the air bag did not deploy, but I'm a beast, so I didn't get any injury. So I'm not sure if it would even go off if I needed it.

Maybe I'll just do the recall and remove the air bags and sell them on Ebay. That'll really make the SRS light pissed!
Old 04-26-2010
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

By the way .. Why is this just in the South Cali thread?
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like something wasn't right. What happened at the dealer? Did they diagnose the light or just reset it? I'd make a stink at the dealer about it. A more serious accident might have resulted in a different outcome for you since the airbag didn't deploy.

Its in the South CA thread because we are awesome like that.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

If the srs light came on after the reset or the paper clip trick. Then there was something wrong with your srs system. The paper clip trick works unless there is something wrong with your srs system. I have heard of some instances where the srs module does go bad. In your case it might have been that, which is the reason your air bag didn't deploy.

Also the two stage air bag systems are pretty smart in the 7th gen. The computer might have calculated that deploying the air bag might have caused more physical damage to you then not deploying it.

Air bags aren't gentle pillows that fluff you, there high powered explosions.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Old 04-27-2010
Registered!!

i wasn't in a really bad accident but my airbags deployed easily... i think i might of set the front side sensors off and it just went poof. I'm not sure if the computer knew if setting off the airbags was a good thing for me... but it did anyways. But i'd really rather sit in a car with an airbag unless it didn't come with it or... in my case deployed... so now i'm debating if i should even get a new airbag because i would have to replace alot of SRS stuff and i'm still not sure how to tell which sensor i ticked off.... does stealership check for free?
Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

wehrd1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

wehrd1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pheaton
I just got my notice in the mail. But, I'm really starting to wonder if my SRS even works. . lol.

The light came on one day. I tried the "DIY Reset", but that never worked. Then the stealership reset it and it was off. Then one day it came on randomly again and the stealership reset it again. Then I got into an accident. I was going pretty fast, enough to smash my radiator, but the air bag did not deploy, but I'm a beast, so I didn't get any injury. So I'm not sure if it would even go off if I needed it.

Maybe I'll just do the recall and remove the air bags and sell them on Ebay. That'll really make the SRS light pissed!
my SRS light has been on since i bought the car used last summer from a private seller. honda finally found me, and i got the recall letter.

i called dealer to get it in for recall fix...and mentioned to them that my SRS light has been on since i bought the car.

the service manager said it most likely is the SEAT BELT throwing the code, and when i get it in, they'll plug it in for code, and if thats the cause, then THAT too will be replaced free of charge. Civics of this generation are known to have that issue too.

now that i think about it, both front seat belts (coupe) take multiple attempts to get to finally click...especially the passenger side.