Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

99 EX turbo vs. 96 EX Nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black2k2Ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 99 EX turbo vs. 96 EX Nitrous??

Well about a month ago i put the Edelbrock kit on my 99 EX. Next week moving from 6psi to 9psi. Just some info on my car first.
So this kid that goes to my old high school says he can whoop my car. He is supposed to have I/H/E, chip and a 60 shot on his 96 Ex.
He will only race me from a dig, no rolling starts. I told him either go from a stop and a roll so we both can be happy, or take it to the track one weekend.
Now my question is who do you think will win? Both decent drivers, he says he will spray off the line. I'm sick of this kid talkin **** about me and my car. So what do you think?
- Forgot to add he is "supposed" to also have a gutted interior.

Last edited by Black2k2Ex; 01-29-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2004
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
If he sprays in 1st his tires will spin.

If you can stay ahead of him and make the race last longer than 18 seconds, he will not
have enough bottle pressure to keep spraying.

Hondas have similar top ends so it is hard to play catchup over 80 mph.

Turbo will win.
Experince
Old 01-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
if he sprays at the line he is ****ed.

but i read ur post a few wks ago when you got own3d by the spec v....dont' know if it is the edelbrock kit or not...but i'll still go with the boost
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

ya, i did get own3d by the spec v. but i am getting the mbc on monday hopefully. then with 3 extra psi i should put down more hp. i have no clue on launching with this car, my buddy says to feather the clutch off the line at around 3500 rpms or so. i know if i drop the clutch the tires are toast.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
boost over spray......humble this dude and shut him up, he can't brag about a civic with basic bolt ons and spray
Old 01-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Black2k2Ex
ya, i did get own3d by the spec v. but i am getting the mbc on monday hopefully. then with 3 extra psi i should put down more hp. i have no clue on launching with this car, my buddy says to feather the clutch off the line at around 3500 rpms or so. i know if i drop the clutch the tires are toast.
practice makes perfect

but yeah ur right, don't dump the clutch
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with KJ . however I also remember you lost to the spec so it could be close.
Old 01-30-2004
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you will win. Also, this guy may be lieing. Not to mention if his chip is not setup for nitrous it will actually hurt his power and since he is some kid with a civic he may have not done his homework. I hate to stereo type, but some civic drivers fall in to the catagory of the "incredibly stupid".

- Diemos (civic driver)
Old 01-30-2004
Registered!!

Well looks like there isnt gonna be a race anytime soon. My turbo has bad seals and is leaking oil everywhere. I posted about it in the Forced Induction forums if you want to read about it. Maybe in about a month or so it will be fixed.
Old 01-30-2004
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have no idea what other mods you have....or what kinda numbers the edelbrock kit puts down. His car should be high 14's maybe if he can drive. If a turbo vic cant get high 14's that would be sad. what about tranny...both 5 speeds...or are you auto?
Old 01-30-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
definately boost
Old 02-29-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Boost is overrated without the right setup...I'm gonna laugh if the boosted gets roasted.
Old 02-29-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
I can't even believe a kid with spray would be talking so much trash. Why can't he just accept the fact that you have a nice setup and get on with it.
Old 02-29-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
The kid shouldnt be talking trash, but I think he has a chance if he can increase the shot on his bottle. You shouldnt underestimate the power of the bottle. Dont get me wrong either because I love turbo, but I like Nitrous too.
Old 03-04-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
well.. depends on the driver... and the rubber... usually spraying is faster than boosting at the track, but depends on how much you boost too

you should both be about equal so have fun, and be safe... dont blow that engine
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

Captain is an unknown quantity at this point
Its all in setup and tunning. End of story. I've seen a 98EX spd greddy turbo kit, fully tuned run a 14.8 on 11psi, best time. Then another friend of mine, 95EX Auto, same kit, nothing done to the tranny but a cooler. The car was tuned better and it ran consistant 14.2's on 7psi. It comes down to tunning and setup. I've seen it a million times.
Old 03-08-2004
Registered!!

sstaley is an unknown quantity at this point
yo if dudes bottle is full n fresh, warms his tires up right before the launch, i think he can take it. i have beat many turbo set ups with an nx wet kit. keep in mind folks nitrous keeps pulling as long as it sprayin.
if dude is not experienced with the bottle though, of course turbo will dominate, just because it is part of the complete diving style of the car.
now let say dudes bottle is only 5 lbs full. he will start getting less of a full nitros hit and more of an air mixture. he will still feel gain, but that shot won,t be as good as a shot off a full 10lb bottle.
there are 2 many variables in this equation, just race each other and see who will prevail.
sstaley
Old 03-08-2004
Banned

Originally posted by sstaley
yo if dudes bottle is full n fresh, warms his tires up right before the launch, i think he can take it. i have beat many turbo set ups with an nx wet kit. keep in mind folks nitrous keeps pulling as long as it sprayin.
if dude is not experienced with the bottle though, of course turbo will dominate, just because it is part of the complete diving style of the car.
now let say dudes bottle is only 5 lbs full. he will start getting less of a full nitros hit and more of an air mixture. he will still feel gain, but that shot won,t be as good as a shot off a full 10lb bottle.
there are 2 many variables in this equation, just race each other and see who will prevail.
sstaley

Most definitely...what he said!
If that kid with the bottle knows what he's doing, you best watch out though!