Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Road Racing versus Drag Racing???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMURF_KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Road Racing versus Drag Racing???????

Ah yes, so what is the toll on this one?????? What do you guy prefer road racing or drag racing?????? I started out drag racing in March 2001, the civic wasn't really popular then, but I had one of the first civics that was lowered and had rims, people would jock all the time, now drag is kind of boring just doing straight aways. Like other people said road racing is a challange because now it really is about the driver, not saying that drag requires a good driver, but with road or track its totally different it requires more skill than just going straight. So what is the majority drag or track?????
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

wogz is an unknown quantity at this point
road.. cuz my civic is too slow to drag..
Old 10-27-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
If you want to drag race, you should have got a rwd muscle car.
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

jaaaapp is an unknown quantity at this point
l
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Blueboi105 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, seeing how our cars are slow on the 1/4. we would have a more fighting chance on the road course. because it comes down to control. and your skills really shows off. I think one of our member here goes autoX.. boilermaker I think.
Old 10-27-2003
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Road racing > drag.

taking a turn > goin in a straight line

45 seconds to 2 minutes of race time > 14-17 seconds of race time

plus Civics (actually all Hondas) are not made for straight line racing.

Do your car a favor, let it do what it likes to do.

Best qoute i ever heard: "If life throws you a curve, go wide and head for the apex!"
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

SMURF_KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2003
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Hawk
Road racing > drag.

taking a turn > goin in a straight line

45 seconds to 2 minutes of race time > 14-17 seconds of race time

plus Civics (actually all Hondas) are not made for straight line racing.

Do your car a favor, let it do what it likes to do.

Best qoute i ever heard: "If life throws you a curve, go wide and head for the apex!"

Best post ever!
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
I love to watch the drag racing... but I pick my races carefully
Old 10-27-2003
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Dr5D
I love to watch the drag racing... but I pick my races carefully
Exactly...I only race the highschool kids driving their friends around on Sat. night in mom's grocery getter minivian! lol I know I'll win and they look like idiots in front of their friends. That or I mess with the people that have Camaro's or Vette's by revving my engine and winking at them at the light....then the light turns green...they gun it and I don't even try....HAHA you just wasted like 1/8 tank of gas trying to beat an economy car! HAHA...A$$!
Old 10-27-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take corners over the straights any day

My favorite quote from one of the guys I race with (Former National champ in CSP)

"The fun of Road racing isn't the straightaways, its the corners. Thats why I like autocross so much, its a road race with all the booring parts removed".

I haven't done any wheel to wheel racing yet, and I don't think I will with my only car. (To many ways to destroy it) I autocross as much as possible, luckily I live in a region that does it alot. We got 22 events this year between Feburary and November , 2.2 events a month! with a 2 month winter off season. I'd like to do a couple of track days but I want to attend a PDS (Performanc Driving School) or 2 before I go. THis coming season Im going to try my hand at the national tour, as well as going to a couple of Pro Solo events.

Old 10-27-2003
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
definatly road racing. We have a steering wheel for a reason.

I find it odd that america is the only country that has an obsestion with going as fast as possible in a straight line, sure other countries have drag strips but they aren't obsessed about it like america is. On the other hand road racing is popular all over the world.

But really can you blame americans? Look at the cars they have produced. Take the '69 Camaro SS. Its accerlation performance greatly exceeds its cornering and braking performance. So what type of racing do you think the owner will participate in? He could road race and get owned by the smaller imports and european cars of its time unless he shells out some $$$ for upgrades. Or it could drag race and be king of the hill at its sport.

I think its just fun to beat them at they're own game. The look on a 5.0 Mustang owners face when his big loud V8 can't manage to catch up with the little red turbocharged 4 cylinder. It's just priceless.
Old 10-27-2003
THE WOP

vincenzobar is an unknown quantity at this point
U said it Got Boost???, america is that of the muscle car! Pure power and speed, not aggility!!!!
Old 10-27-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
that explains NASCAR......... Fast, but not that menuverable. thats why they mostly race on ovals. In Europe and Asia Curcut tracks Rule. Ovals and "Super Speedways" are an american invention.

I like the GT series and the American LeMans more.
Old 10-27-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Zzyzx
that explains NASCAR......... Fast, but not that menuverable. thats why they mostly race on ovals. In Europe and Asia Curcut tracks Rule. Ovals and "Super Speedways" are an american invention.

I like the GT series and the American LeMans more.
Dear Speed Channel,

Just because i live in America does not mean i love NASCAR, for god sakes theres aleats 20 other forms of GOOD racing coverage you can be showing, do i really need to know what happened to a bunch of rednecks that went in circles for 4 hours?

If you weren't the only damn channel that covered F1, WRC, ALMS, and occasionally SCCA Pro Rally, i'd never watch your damn channel (aka NASCAR TV)

Your pissed of viewer

Adam.
It's sad most people don't even know what F1, FIA GT, JGTC, ETCC are.... just sad.

Last edited by Hawk; 10-27-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2003

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
lol, i know where he's comming from. 90% of the programming on Speedvision is about NASCAR. When they came out with that new lap back rule it was discussed all the time 24/7. They pratically interviewed every NASCAR driver asking they're opinions of the new rule. While im sitting here thinking to myself "Who the f*ck cares". I wanna see the Calsonic Skyline and the Arta NSX running around the track. Maybe if we send them enough emails they'll start covering other types of racing.

Some things I'd like to see on Speedvision.

JGTC
Whatever class the Realtime RSX is in.
Maybe some coverage of the big autocross events.
Drag Racing
If they got the rights to best motoring, that'd be awsome.
Some show like Hi-Rev Tuners just not as much rice

Anyone else got ideas?
Old 10-27-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by Got Boost???

Whatever class the Realtime RSX is in.
ready to enter the irony?? the Realtime RSX is run in..... THE SPEED TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP!!! they sponser the damn series and its barely on the station, cause we have to know what country bumpkin #2 thought about the push (what the call understear) in his ford taurus (with a v8?)

btw. the speed touring car championship is on Nov 8th at 4pm est apparently. Its like once in a blue moon you catch it.
Old 10-27-2003

O_O oohhh the irony
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

adnmoh1 will become famous soon enoughadnmoh1 will become famous soon enough
real racers attack the curves!!!!
Old 10-31-2003
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
my M3 feens for curves and twisties!
Old 11-03-2003
Autocross Junky

Ya, M3s are good for that. I like the E36 better then the E46 but then I like the E30 M3 better then both.
Old 05-09-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Road Racing versus Drag Racing???????

Dude...

This thread is two years younger than you. Look at the dates - 2003.
Old 05-09-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Road Racing versus Drag Racing???????

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Dude...

This thread is two years younger than you. Look at the dates - 2003.