Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

chozobody's Old Farts club

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2023
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: chozobody's Old Farts club

I would be surprised if I didn't. Won't be able to look for ~4 hours.
The following users liked this post:
chozobody (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023
Registered!!

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
I would be surprised if I didn't. Won't be able to look for ~4 hours.
I'm at work right now too m8, so no rush. You rock my guy.
Colin42 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

don't have, sorry
Old 08-23-2023
Super Moderator

BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I did find one in my stash but it has a little rust on it. Don't think it would be worth it.
Old 08-25-2023
Registered!!

Its all good dudes, thanks anyways. Ill go snag one at the uPull next week or something. wont hurt me cruising around town without it
Old 08-25-2023
Super Moderator

You're trying to get 500 mile break in done? What's the plan after that? Tune?
Old 08-25-2023
Registered!!

You're trying to get 500 mile break in done? What's the plan after that? Tune?
Tune then start dailying the car to work. I'm taking care of the basic tuning myself...I plan on letting my buddy who owns the superflow dyno clean it up for me.

Last edited by chozobody; 08-25-2023 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-25-2023
Super Moderator

Interested to see what kind of power it makes and some acceleration stats. My Civic with some 200 TW summer tires will do 0-60 mph in about 4 seconds. Not sure on the 0-100 mph time. I looked at a Kpro datalog to determine. On the 225/45R17 tires I reach 60 just before the 7600 RPM rev limit. A little difficult to time due to the wheel spin in second. I have the datalog laying around somewhere.
Old 08-25-2023
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

mine does 0-60 in 3 minutes.
BrotatoChip (08-28-2023)
Old 09-18-2023
Registered!!

I'm back! Honda is good, oil is good, life is good. I got into boost on Saturday night while I was making adjustments to my kpro. All still using Closed Loop, but that's ok for the time being.

The "shiny" in the sample oil I had sitting dropped out, and its 100% excess ARP install grease. *Phew*

My plan is to get it to the emissions facility next Saturday morning to have them "scan" it so I can get legal once again. They only do an OBD2 plugin since my low-profile tires grandfathered me into not running the dyno
The following 3 users liked this post by chozobody:
BrotatoChip (09-19-2023), Colin42 (09-19-2023), sdaidoji (09-18-2023)
Old 09-19-2023
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Woohoo!
Old 09-19-2023
Registered!!

Its all coming together. Been tinkering in kmanager all morning @ work.

Hot boost cut was turned up to 25 psi since i'm not using the factory map sensor. Pretty sure this is what was causing my cutout at higher loads. Either way, I'm looking forward to uploading this newest config.

Running this thing in Close Loop should make for a pretty decent daily driver up here at altitude.
Old 09-19-2023
Super Moderator

What boost pressure do you planning on running? Mine is set to 9 psi, but hot boost cut is at 13 psi.
Old 09-19-2023
Registered!!

Whatever wastegate pressure is on the eBay springs I’m running are for now 🤷🏾‍♂️

in all seriousness, I plan on utilizing the high/low boost function in kpro to have a “normal” map, and a “more than you can afford, pal” map. But for now wastegate is all I need.
Old 09-20-2023
Super Moderator

I don't understand the point of setting hot boost cut to 25 psi if you won't be anywhere close on wastegate. Unless your wastegate will be high as well.

My wastegate springs are 5 psi. I run 9 psi on the street and 6 psi on track. Hot and cold boost cut are both set at 13 psi. I did hit it due to boost spikes caused by the quick spool setting in Kpro, but have not since disabling this feature.
Old 09-20-2023
Registered!!

Well I saw 11 lbs last night running nothing but wastegate pressure, until I popped an intake boot Felt like there was still some boost left on the table.

I set it to 25 since my boost controller should allow me to double spring pressure (mac 4 port). Call 25 my "failsafe". I feel confident running these Pauter rods and ARP studs to give her all the boost.

I haven't played with the quick spool functionality yet, but I did make the switch this morning to enabled closed loop target lambda tables, so I'm no longer running the WOT Comp High/Low tables.

My bigger issue in the moment is an oil leak from what appears to be my PCV box on the back of the block. I have it plumbed to a catch can, so I'm wondering if the gasket failed or I just didn't tighten them up. Either way it didn't leak until I got into boost
Old 09-21-2023
Registered!!

So the leak appears to be coming from between the Mishimoto Sandwich plate and the filter. I gave the filter an extra ugga with the hands after I cleaned everything off.

Ill be flashing the new config w/ Closed Loop Target Lambda tables enabled this evening.
Old 09-29-2023
Super Moderator

How's the 500 mile break in going?
Old 10-02-2023
Registered!!

How's the 500 mile break in going?
Done and over with.

I hit 18 lbs of boost on a pull last night. Not sure how when this is wastegate pressure but I have the fuel so why not? But for real i'm going to pickup a real wastegate when I have the funds.

Street tuning is coming along swimmingly.
Old 10-02-2023
Registered!!

Oh and the oil leak has been fixed too. It was the OEM front crank seal that came preinstalled on the Honda oil pump. Pulled it and replaced it with a national and its been dry ever since.
Colin42 (10-02-2023)
Old 10-02-2023
Super Moderator

Is that 18.2 psi from full vacuum? 18.2 - 14.7 (atmospheric pressure at sea level) meaning ~3.5 psi of boost. K manager logger always reads boost from full vacuum for me and I have never been able to change it. Here is a snip from a random log I have. 21.18 psi shown, 14.06 psi atmospheric pressure at my elevation, meaning ~7.1 psi of boost. My tune gives a max of 8 psi at the top of second gear to try to minimize wheel spin.

Old 10-02-2023
Registered!!

Good question. I have my map reading in absolute, denoted by the "/ preceding the notation. So my map reading subtracts 1 bar from the calculation when in reality my local atmospheric pressure is closer to 12 psi since I'm right around 5280, so technically that map reading should be higher. But I digress. Ill have to dig into my settings to see what I did to change it.

I only boosted that high because I plumbed my WG side of the boost controller backwards. Good thing I hit boost cut before it ran to 30 PSI 😂

This thing is going to be a riot when I hook.
Old 10-03-2023
Super Moderator

Absolute would mean full vacuum is 0, you would have to do the subtraction yourself according to the Kmanager setting. The laptop I use for logging must also be set to absolute but I cannot confirm at the moment. Either way, looking forward to seeing more on your project!
Old 10-03-2023
Registered!!

Got the boost controller lines swapped around, and low and behold I have a 8 pound spring. lol.
But my tuner did confirm my 18.2 lbs of boost reading. 🤡 He also confirmed that I semi know what I'm doing in terms of tuning. (lol)

However 8 lbs is not enough for my indented application, and I do plan on running 20+ pounds eventually.
Old 10-11-2023
Registered!!

Ok so quick update, I made it to the local track for the last test and tune before they tear the track down. Unfortunately I only got one pass before the rain rolled in and they called it. But that’s the bad news. Good news is on 5.5 pounds of boost and no adjustments to timing tables I ran the quarter shy of 3 seconds faster than when the car was N/A. Not “fast” by any means, but it’s a starting point. I’m left lane on both.

Last edited by chozobody; 10-12-2023 at 08:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chozobody:
BrotatoChip (10-12-2023), Colin42 (10-12-2023)
Old 10-12-2023
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Idk how to gauge an 1/8th mile lol

looks good tho
Old 10-12-2023
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Idk how to gauge an 1/8th mile lol

looks good tho
This was on a 1/4 mile track (1320 ft)
GolNat (10-12-2023)
Old 10-12-2023
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ohh duh it’s been a while since I read a slip!

15’s are not bad compared to stock. I ran mine stock and I think it was in the 18’s.
Old 10-13-2023
Super Moderator

I have only been to a strip once. My Civic was just a stock K20a2 swap at the time. It was cold, I had all season tires, stock open diff. I spun 1st and 2nd a bit. My reaction time was 3/4 of a second. 1/4 mile time was like 16 seconds. Can't wait to see what it runs once at full boost.
GolNat (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023
Registered!!

Here's a couple of photos from the evening.

The following 4 users liked this post by chozobody:
BrotatoChip (10-13-2023), Colin42 (10-13-2023), GolNat (10-13-2023), sdaidoji (10-21-2023)

Quick Reply: chozobody's Old Farts club