Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

From the Netherlands: Lycan with his EDM EM2

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lycan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: From the Netherlands: Lycan with his EDM EM2

Originally Posted by gearbox
maybe another thing to do is the gauge cluster swap from the 03-05 ex into your car. requires some rewiring, but otherwise plugs in and fits like the old one. they have two styles one with blue ring (sedan) and one with red ring (coupe). the clusters are full LED with white numbers and red needles and color rings. much nicer than the old plain ones. there is also the mph and kph version depending where you find it. and you have to find one with similar mileage to your car.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...faq-video.html
I totally agree with you, that's why it's already in my 'to do list' However, in my country the gauge cluster from a 2004-2005 coupe is my only option ... Honda never sold any (normal) 7th gen sedan's in the Netherlands ... the only 7th gen sedan we have is the IMA (hybrid) ... so I don't want that gauge cluster because it's way different then a normal custer (all hybrid information and stuff) ...

Besides, since I want my interior in Type R style I'm going for the cluster of the coupe anyway because of the red ring

My only problem is ... the EM2 is very rare ... so finding multipule facelift EM2's at the cargraveyard is going to be difficult ... I know a company that has 1, because I also bought my taillights there ... however, I don't know the mileage of that car ... so I think I'm just going to buy it (if they even still have the cluster) and ask my mechanic to adjust the mileage with a computer ... which is illegal .. but I don't have any other option
Old 09-23-2011
Registered!!

This afternoon I visited a local Honda dealer to get some more information about my (01-02 vs 03 vs 04-05) center console problem. I discovered some interesting things, but I'm still not sure, so I've created the following topic:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4563276
Old 09-23-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

have you looked on ebay for the coupe cluster? they always have a bunch and some sellers ship worldwide.
Old 09-23-2011
Registered!!

have you looked on ebay for the coupe cluster? they always have a bunch and some sellers ship worldwide.
True but I've never bought something from ebay ... I try to avoid buying things online ... I guess it's because in my country many people get ripped off when buying things online

I'm just gonna try the company where I also bought my taillights ... if they don't have a cluster, then I'm gonna try ebay

Last edited by Lycan; 09-23-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Typing errors
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

Hey everyone, it has been a while since I last visited this forum and updated my topic

So that's why I'm going to show you guys what I've been doing with my EM2 the last couple of months

1. Bought 4 new Sunny Snowmaster SN3830 195/55R16 for this winter and installed them on my 16 inch OEM Honda option rims. It's only too bad it hasn't snowed yet in the Netherlands
2. Bought OEM Honda mudflaps always wanted to have them, maybe not very special in America, but very very very rare in the Netherlands
3. Bought ClimAir (German brand) window visors. I wanted the OEM visors, but not a single Dutch Honda dealer sells them
4. Sold my 17 inch Evolution rims to a fellow EM2-owner. I liked those rims, but there are much nicer rims out there imo
5. Received a brand new Skunk2 shiftknob, because my first one scratched without any reason and since Skunk2 claims that there shiftknobs can't scratch because of the special layer, I demanded a new one from the seller!
6. Bought my dream wheels, 16 inch 4x100 OEM Honda (real) Enkei (EP3-style) rims there still black but I want to respray them in NH-0 Championship White and also give them some OEM Honda white centercaps with the red Honda logo

Here are some pictures, enjoy:

Name:  Brievenbus5.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  122.5 KB
Name:  Straat3.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  73.7 KB

Name:  Hek3.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  96.9 KB

The guy who bought my 17 inch Evolution rims owns the silver EM2:

Name:  Voor.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  79.9 KB
Name:  Linksvoor.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  86.8 KB
Name:  Rechtsvoor.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  106.1 KB
Name:  Rechtsachter.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  87.8 KB

My brand new (dream) wheels (bought them today):

Name:  DSC03818.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  152.7 KB
Name:  DSC03820.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  131.1 KB
Name:  DSC03821.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  107.9 KB
Old 01-06-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I love those wheels!

The mudflaps look good too, most people in North America take them off and throw them away, but I love mine.
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I love those wheels!

The mudflaps look good too, most people in North America take them off and throw them away, but I love mine.
Thank you it took me a while to sell my 17 inch Evolutions wheels, but on the other hand, I'm happy that I've found these new wheels this fast

I also love mudflaps under a Honda and for the EM2 it's a must imo
Old 01-18-2012
Registered!!

A little while ago me and a fellow (facelift) EM2-owner organized a (amateur) Honda winter meeting here in the neighborhood.

We didn't expect much people, because last summer we also organized a meeting and only 5 people showed up (including me and the other EM2-owner)

However, during our winter meeting (7th of january 2012) a lot of people did show op I guess there were about 30 Honda's and 10 non-Honda's.

In my opinion it was a great succes! ofcourse, some people made some photo's and I used those photo's to create a little movie/slideshow enjoy:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvF21RHJQ0[/YOUTUBE]

If you want to see all of the photo's:

http://www.hondaclub-belgium.be/viewtop ... =22&t=7383
Old 01-18-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice pics, wheels look good.
Old 01-19-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

nice ride =D, welcome!
Old 01-22-2012
Registered!!

nice pics, wheels look good.
Thnx man

Originally Posted by mac25
nice ride =D, welcome!
Thnx
Old 01-22-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow, those rims are nice
Old 01-22-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Very nice car. Is the rear fog light standard in your country?
Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Oh wow, those rims are nice
Thnx man I waited and searched for more than a year, and now I finally found and bought them for a nice little price
Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Very nice car. Is the rear fog light standard in your country?
Thank you man and yes, the rear fog light is standard in my country I like mine, but most EM2 owners want to remove it and clean there rear bumper
Old 01-23-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Lucky... I wish I had a rear fog light. There aren't common at all here in Canada and the only car that comes to mind that comes with them standard is the Mini Cooper. Honestly I didn't even know that a rear fog came standard at all on any Civic.
Old 01-24-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Lucky... I wish I had a rear fog light. There aren't common at all here in Canada and the only car that comes to mind that comes with them standard is the Mini Cooper. Honestly I didn't even know that a rear fog came standard at all on any Civic.
Not many Civic's/Honda's have (standard) a rear fog light in my country only the EM2, some 4th gen (and older) Civic's/Honda's and some other Honda's like the ITR DC2

Don't know about other carbrands

And yes, I know I'm lucky that rear fog light looks nice imo, kinda JDM-style
Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

Hey everyone, it's time for some updates again!

Because I didn't like the color of the 16 inch 4x100 OEM Honda (real) Enkei (EP3-style) wheels I bought a while ago ... and a buddy of mine was trying to sell his ... which were in OEM color and without any damage ... I decided to also buy my buddy's wheels

Here are some pictures of my new wheels:

Name:  DSC04000.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  311.5 KB

Name:  DSC04004.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  279.5 KB

So now I got 2 sets of 16 inch 4x100 OEM Honda (real) Enkei (EP3-style) wheels:

Name:  DSC04023.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  286.9 KB

Name:  DSC04026.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  294.0 KB

Ofcourse I'm going to sell the black ones, because I don't see the point of having 2 sets of the same wheel

I also bought a OEM headlight, so I can practise with polishing and discover how I can make blackhousing headlights

Name:  DSC04028.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  215.4 KB

Name:  DSC04029.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  219.1 KB

Name:  DSC04033.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  225.3 KB
Old 03-25-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I seriously love those wheels..
Old 03-25-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Car is looking awesome! Very jealous of that interior lookin so good. I think you should try this to add some more awesomeness:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...els-suede.html
Old 03-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I seriously love those wheels..
Me too that's why I bought 2 sets
Old 03-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Car is looking awesome! Very jealous of that interior lookin so good. I think you should try this to add some more awesomeness:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...els-suede.html
Thank you very much I'm very proud of my interior, but it aint finished yet For example, the upgrade you are suggesting ... it's already on my to do list but I don't want suede, I'm going for the exact same material and color as the red material on my EP3 seats
Old 03-27-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lycan
Thank you very much I'm very proud of my interior, but it aint finished yet For example, the upgrade you are suggesting ... it's already on my to do list but I don't want suede, I'm going for the exact same material and color as the red material on my EP3 seats
Nice! Can't wait to see it done!