Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I'm about to tear into Azumi..

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm about to tear into Azumi..

it's been a long time (long time), I shouldn't have left you (left you) without a dope beat to step to...

But in all seriousness, it's been a while since I updated. Lets see.. what did I do last time...? Brakes, that's right.. Well, I got impatient, and figured I'm not gonna do my HG yet, and my car's been randomly behaving nicely since I messed with the shoddy ECU re-wire job I had and a few things under the hood. That said, I went and installed my stage 1 camshaft. Funny enough, my car's running even smoother now that I tore apart the upper half of the cylinder head and re-did it. I still think my dad's mechanic is a piece of ****. But I digress..

My initial opinions of the camshaft: slightly more noise, slightly more up and go. Nothing really stood out when I took her out for a test drive after installing it. A few days of driving it around, she seems to have a little more pep to her step, but again, nothing severely different. Noticeable, but not severely different. Tuning will definitely help though.
Old 08-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Tuning? Should have gone with a more agressive cam and a Kpro than!!!! yumm
Old 08-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, you gonna front the 1500 I'd need for the springs/retainers/kpro, Tom?
Old 08-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

No... you should know better than that haha.. just sayin.. it would have been badass. Preppin for turbo ya know !
Old 08-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

I figured it was worth a shot. Plus, you know I have a turbo lingering around my room.. If I'm gonna go boost again, I'ma do it proper, but that requires monies I don't haz
Old 08-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I wish everyone thought that way, either do it right or don't do it at all.
Old 08-03-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Tuuurrbbboooo .. DOOO eeeeTtttt !
Old 08-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I wish everyone thought that way, either do it right or don't do it at all.
I learned that the hard way though. I was boosted for a year and a half, not done properly. I learned from my mistakes and urge others to do the same.
Old 08-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I learned that the hard way though. I was boosted for a year and a half, not done properly. I learned from my mistakes and urge others to do the same.
welcome to the club. but u know, no one will listen to u until its too late. haha thats how it goes
Old 08-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

^ Oh how true that is...
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

huhn.
Yeah, they are not a huge gain. I forgot to mention the s1 seems to rev up and down faster, but i was not sure since i did so many other stuff at same time (cleaning all sensors, for example.
But they are the best bang fer the buck, so i am happy with s1!
mileage dropped again to 28, though...
Old 08-04-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Lol, my mileage went up, especially with how I've had a lead foot trying to test this thing out XD

then again, I've been averaging 26-28 over the last few tanks before the camshaft. We'll see with these fill ups to come
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

BTW, Josh, update your pics - it seems you have slightly less gray hair than me now :P (wooops. this should go to the off-topic )

My last run before the cam was the canada-to-TN trip, 44MPG with trunk full of stuff, so i feel the impact in mileage :P)

normally it would be at 27-28, sometimes down to 24 when i do go crazy on autox, so not bad
Old 08-05-2011
Whachya lookin at?

hahahaha
Old 08-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
BTW, Josh, update your pics - it seems you have slightly less gray hair than me now :P (wooops. this should go to the off-topic )

My last run before the cam was the canada-to-TN trip, 44MPG with trunk full of stuff, so i feel the impact in mileage :P)

normally it would be at 27-28, sometimes down to 24 when i do go crazy on autox, so not bad
My gf told me i have a gray hair or two once, I warned her that she was moving out if she ever pointed that out again lol. I'm not going gray at 23.

I kind of want a stage 1 cam now, hmmm..
Old 08-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy had tons of random gray hair at the age of 16 lmao

I occasionally get one or two under heavy stress too...
It happens to the best of us sadly >.<
Old 09-10-2011
Administrator
Administrator

So, a couple weeks ago, some asshat at school decided to steal the little Stitch doll I had hanging from my towhook. After a long *** time of searching, I finally found one on eBay that I wanted to replace the old one with. Enjoy.. lol

Name:  IMG_4631.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  30.9 KB

I made it a little harder to steal this time. You'd have to either cut or rip it off, now. There's a small strip of 20 gauge wire that I soldered together, then zip tied it to the tow hook. Someone would really wanna have it if they would go through the measures to steal this one
Old 09-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

*Le Snip*
Old 10-22-2011
Administrator
Administrator

So.. finally got around to swapping my cat, and now she's purring happy again.. Until she realized she had a new cat, then she tried to kill it.. I'm sure Azumi's mindset was something along the lines of..

"Oh, a new cat? I WANNA SOUND LIKE A SUBY FOR A LITTLE BIT! DIE KITTY!
*spurious misfires on cylinders 2 and 3*
Just kidding!"

I swear.. Azumi doesn't like cats..
Old 10-22-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

so.... is the cat fine now? :P
Old 10-23-2011
Administrator
Administrator

for now.. >___<

I gave Azumi a slap on the wrist and now she's treating her new kitty like she should be..
Old 10-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Let me know if you have any issues with it. I'll probably be buying the same one
Old 11-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

HOLY EFF! I'M ALIVE! lol

First and foremost, I apologize for being EXTREMELY inactive, particularly over the last few weeks.. School (read: calculus 2 class) has been stressing me a bit and I purposefully didn't visit cf because I fear I wouldn't get anything done. The only reason I've been on facebook (for those of you that have me added) is because I can passively use fb.. In any case......

Azumi's bleeding pretty bad. Makes me a super sad panda. Oil light came on intermittently when I got to campus this morning, and I found a trail of oil leading to where I parked her. I dumped a few quarts of oil in her just to get her home (the transit, by the way, SUCKED thanks to the ever-so-teasing SEMA that I pass to and from school...). After an hour and a half of exploratory surgery (and wiping up oil everywhere from the bottom of my hood, to the back of my headlight, and halfway down my chassis), I believe my culprit may be my cam seal. The thing was sticking about 1/16" outward from the rocker assembly (toward the hub of the cam gear).

I'm plenty busy tomorrow, so I'll be continuing the work Saturday morning..

*sigh* During Anthro class this morning, I was killing my phone's battery by researching k-swap specifics I've overlooked over the years, particularly battery placement. Also started scouring Vegas's and San Diego's craigslists for K20A,-a2,-a3 engines.. I think I may be able to squeeze about $3000 from the treasure trove of parts I have laying around, including selling the turbo with all its stuff.. I'll think about it..

I'll try and visit more often.. I've barely had time to call my mom, even.. Anyways, til next time...
Old 11-04-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

welcome back for now lol. hope you get the car fixed up