Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I'm about to tear into Azumi..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: I'm about to tear into Azumi..

Better keep them away from Kenny ! Lool
Old 07-05-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Got the pads and rotors in. Dunno when I'm putting 'em in because I currently feel like complete and utter ****..

Ended up getting dezod's brake package which included stock-level c-tek rotors and pads. Supposedly good reviews on "that other forum," and I'm not looking for hardcore performance. Not like I track my car or anything.
Old 07-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on, the brakes and rotors takes about 30 mins for both!

I would know @___@
Old 07-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

jacking up a car while you feel like **** is not a good idea Kenny, it's way to easy to make mistakes when your not thinking clearly.

Feel better Josh.
Old 07-05-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks man..

Whatever's wrong with me is seriously debilitating.. stomach hurts like a bitch, and on top of that, calves are so sore to the point where it's hard to walk

here's the brakes I got.
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...nomy-brake.cfm
Using a coupon code for the other forum, it ends up being 104.64 shipped.
Old 07-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I like the "customers who bought this, also bought crower stage 1 cam", at the bottom of the page.
Old 07-05-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Lol, that's prolly there because of me :3

I bought those brakes and my stage 1 cam at the same time.. haha. Looks as if they shipped the brakes straight from the manufacturer because they came from the City of Industry, CA instead of NY
Old 07-06-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

I think Josh should add blue Beaks bar to his list of crap he's doing to Azumi :P :3
Old 07-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I bought those brakes and my stage 1 cam at the same time..
yeeeaaah!
I don't have much reviews right yet, trying to get the miata back to close to the vic's mileage... Miata is 01, vic is 02 and vic is ahead by 15k miles now... And miata is starting to show signs of slipping clutch... trying to diag if it's clutch really or not now... Wargh! That's what happens when you leave a car parked for too long...
Old 07-08-2011
Administrator
Administrator

so, I'm bored and gonna post up in this thread...

Weather has been random as **** lately. Random huge *** downpours causing flash flood warnings all around Clark County (the county Vegas is in), so I haven't gotten around to doing ANYTHING yet. Plus, my debilitating 72-hour sickness thingy went away for the most part. My ab region is just kinda sore now, not like I just got done working out sore, but more like that "I just got done puking for hella days" sore.. Only thing is, I haven't even come close to dry heaving, so I don't know.

South Bay Honda still hasn't shipped my "head rebuild" kit, and I haven't gotten my cam yet. If anyone bought their cam from Dezod, how long did it take to get to you? I grow impatient..

Oh, and I also got my mechanical O2 simulator apparatus ready to go it. That's all for now.
Old 07-08-2011
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
If anyone bought their cam from Dezod, how long did it take to get to you? I grow impatient..
For my order, it took 6-7 days from the day i ordered till the day it was sent out to me. After that, it took 3 days for the cam to reach the midwest. So 10 days total.

Now as far as getting impatient goes, when i ordered my head gasket kit, water pump, timing belt, and tensioner, I got a phone call from a random person saying that he had received my parts. The Honda I ordered from put his address on my parts... Waited 3 weeks on that order.
Old 07-08-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i was luck - crower had them on stock so shipped 3 days later?
got them 1 week after order
Old 07-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricanswt
For my order, it took 6-7 days from the day i ordered till the day it was sent out to me. After that, it took 3 days for the cam to reach the midwest. So 10 days total.

Now as far as getting impatient goes, when i ordered my head gasket kit, water pump, timing belt, and tensioner, I got a phone call from a random person saying that he had received my parts. The Honda I ordered from put his address on my parts... Waited 3 weeks on that order.
At least that person was nice enough to phone you and let you know
Hell, if i received some parts randomly, i'd slap em on!
Old 07-09-2011
Administrator
Administrator

yet another update...

Here I am, sitting in my room, and I hear car roll up. I take a look out my window to see the FedEx man.
"South bay parts?" I think to myself
So I put a shirt on, and head downstairs to open the door.
As I open the door, I see the FedEx man carrying a long, skinny box, as he asks, "Joshua?"
"Yep," I reply, my eyes growing wider.
I politely ****** the stylus from the guy's hand and sign his electronic signature pad. He hands the box over, and I notice it has a bit of unforeseen weight to it. My eyes grow even wider. As I hurry up the stairs, I look at the address label, and notice it's from San Diego, with a familiar company's name on it. I excitedly grab one of my Exacto knives to open the box. As I pull the flaps of the cardboard box away, a magnificent light emitted from the box, to reveal............

Name:  IMG_3776.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  28.8 KB

Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road

^ I have a box just like that in a trophy case lol. j/k

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
At least that person was nice enough to phone you and let you know
Hell, if i received some parts randomly, i'd slap em on!
The guy may have done just that, or e-bayed them. I ended up calling the Honda that sold me the parts got them to find the error on their own, and then politely asked for them to overnight me new parts. Had a new set of parts 2 days later.
Old 07-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Cool story bro
Old 07-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

All you guys getting stage ones make me want one too

Too bad my stupid suspension is costing me a fortune lately.
Old 07-09-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Btw, Kenny, Honda FINALLY sent me a response to that copyright permission letter.. They said no.. Haha. Only took em 6 months. Good thing we didn't use that decal design.

So here's the question.. Do I drop the stage 1 in now or wait til I do te hg again?
Old 07-09-2011
Kenny the Ricer

HAHAHAHAHA....woooow I cant believe it took them so long to say no..

Anyways, wait till you do the HG, do everything at once
Old 07-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

yep, do at once...
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Another update..

Just ordered her a new shoe for the front right one that's one size too small. Found a place that had it for $185 shipped as opposed to thmotorsports's $204 shipped with a discount code applied. I was gonna do the price match thing, but it's late and I'm lazy. Also thought, "hey, blue lug nuts would look cool, too!" so I splurged the $85 for a set of drop engineering blue lug nuts

that said... anyone want a set of Muteki lug nuts? I've had them for fuggin ever, and they've yet to fail me. I was just feeling frisky and something shiny caught my eye.

Here are the specs:
  • 12 x 1.5 thread pattern (duh.. lol)
  • black color
  • light weight (25g)
  • 21mm tall (I think.. I'm pulling specs off the interwebs)
  • spline drive (key included)
  • I'm almost positive they have the 60 degree taper like most other tuner lugs.
Old 07-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Dam, $85 for a set of lugs? I think I can get a set of Ray's lugs for that price
I would have gone for Blox for half the price :P

-shrugs-
Your car...
Old 07-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I've never seen rays sell for less than $100.. If you can get them for that cheap hook me up with a link Kenny.
Old 07-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Well, actually tbh...
I see them on CL "Slightly used" for about $60 a set of 20 from time to time
Or thrown together brand new with a package deal of rims

Just gotta keep your eyes out for em
Don't know any stores that sell em for less than $100, will let you know if i see them

EDIT:
idk how authentic these are, but $75 for a set of 16, though they're red
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rays-...852#vi-content

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 07-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't see rays for anything less than $150, blox for all of 5 bucks less than what I it these drop engineering for. And I think I've mentioned before, suspension and wheels are 2 things I'd not like to risk getting knock offs. Meaning, I wouldn't go to eBay and find the cheapest set of "rays" lug nuts. $85 for a good set of tuner lug nuts isn't a terrible price.
Old 07-11-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Couldn't someone just come up to your car at night and take those nuts off? Apart from the locking ones of course but man I'd be worried someone would steal them.
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

If someone really wanted to steal my ****, they would..
Old 07-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

^ agreed
Tuner lugs have generic keys
And even the higher end lugs, if someone really wanted his rims... a proper star shaped socket would probably get a lot of "security" lugnuts out if they're determined

...which kind of reminds me, my aunt who lives in Oakland, drives a 2010 Honda Pilot
She woke up 2 days ago wondering why her car was so loud
Her entire exhaust was stolen overnight, all the way up to the kitty\
$1000 dealer replacement cost @__@
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

HAHAHA wooow... Stole the whole exhaust?? That's some dedication.

edit: I saw these lug nuts yesterday. Kinda cool, but I'm not willing to spend $160 for a set of 4

http://thmotorsports.com/kics_projec...s/g-61903.aspx

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoFde55P7Uk[/youtube]

edit x2: haha... looking at related videos, saw this:
"Locking Wheel Nut Remover"

with **** like that being sold...

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'll contribute my thoughts on lug nuts..

I bought $20 cheap aluminum ones last year, even with a torque wrench and anti-seize they cross threaded and destroyed my wheel studs because the metal is so soft. Rays, T1R titanium lugs, Racing Hart and other high end brands aren't just wheel bling, they're designed to hold up to being torqued repeatedly.

If you remove your wheels once a year a lug nut that can me torqued ten times before they're garbage isn't an issue, but I remove my wheels maybe twice a month and serious racers might remove them 10 times in a weekend. I got a set of mcgard lugs, they're very good quality for an $80 set and will hold up well.

Any wheel thief can bypass locking locking lugs by the way; they just beat a slightly to small impact socket on with a sledge hammer, attach a breaker bar and they pop right off.

Quick Reply: I'm about to tear into Azumi..