Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Shift-E's Whip Yo!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Shift-E's Whip Yo!

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Yup, same colour. And I can't take the engine cuz they're selling it all together still road worthy. And whats the point in taking an A2 block and putting an A1 head on it?
a slightly higher compression ratio and aluminum oil pan, it's totally worth it

Old 08-08-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
a slightly higher compression ratio and aluminum oil pan, it's totally worth it

I don't know what you just said lol. I have no idea what a good compression ratio is lol but i thought that the A1 block with the A2 head was the desired one, not the other way around?
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I meant i would keep the desired one and you wouldn't get vtec xD my bad i worded it wrong but gimme a break it was like 2 am or something!
Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

Lycan is an unknown quantity at this point

I see our EM2's have the same color

Nice ride you got there, I really love those OEM EM1 rims
Old 09-22-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! My car pulled a P0740 code today :'(

"P0740 refers to a faulty lock-up control system in your automatic transmission - lock-up clutch doesn't engage."

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it's on it's way out
Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! My car pulled a P0740 code today :'(

"P0740 refers to a faulty lock-up control system in your automatic transmission - lock-up clutch doesn't engage."

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it's on it's way out
Damn, that's some bad news man. But can't it be fixed by a mechanic?
Old 09-22-2011

Originally Posted by Lycan
Damn, that's some bad news man. But can't it be fixed by a mechanic?
The automatic transmissions here in North America on the 2001 civics are really bad. They break down a lot. I can get a new one installed for $1000 imported from Japan. I have to wait and see how I want to approach this though...
Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

The automatic transmissions here in North America on the 2001 civics are really bad. They break down a lot. I can get a new one installed for $1000 imported from Japan. I have to wait and see how I want to approach this though...
So the automatic transmissions are also bad? Damn ... I knew the D17 engines of the EM2 where bad because of the insane oil consumation ... but never heard of transmissions problems ...

Although Honda always had problems with the transmission in the past ... I even heard the S2K has some gearbox problems

But why don't you try and find a used automatic transmissions at the cargraveyard? Or ... you also try to find a manual transmissions (and some other parts) to swap from automatic to manual ... I know it aint easy, but we are talking about Honda ... so I guess the swap itself won't give much problems.

And how come you say that you want to import a automatic transmissions from Japan ... the EM2 was never sold (and because of that never build) in Japan ... or do you want to buy the automatic transmission of the ES1/ES2?
Old 09-22-2011

Originally Posted by Lycan
So the automatic transmissions are also bad? Damn ... I knew the D17 engines of the EM2 where bad because of the insane oil consumation ... but never heard of transmissions problems ...

Although Honda always had problems with the transmission in the past ... I even heard the S2K has some gearbox problems

But why don't you try and find a used automatic transmissions at the cargraveyard? Or ... you also try to find a manual transmissions (and some other parts) to swap from automatic to manual ... I know it aint easy, but we are talking about Honda ... so I guess the swap itself won't give much problems.

And how come you say that you want to import a automatic transmissions from Japan ... the EM2 was never sold (and because of that never build) in Japan ... or do you want to buy the automatic transmission of the ES1/ES2?
I still havent decided what I want to do. The shop here already has some transmissions imported from Japan. ES1/ES2 is exactly the same as the EM2 under the hood so the trannies are the same also.
Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

I still havent decided what I want to do. The shop here already has some transmissions imported from Japan. ES1/ES2 is exactly the same as the EM2 under the hood so the trannies are the same also.
Well ... in that case ... you can also go for the transmissions the shop already has

But still ... 1.000 dollar is much in my opinion but on the other hand, you will have a brand new transmission ... from Japan ... which is hopefully of better quality
Old 09-22-2011

Well mine just decided to kick the bucket on the way to school... 300k km isn't bad? :P Assuming it wasnt switched already before by the previous owner.

It jumped like 1500 rpm when shifting then wouldn't pull anymore... slam on the gas with virtually no power gains. Me and my Mechanic are going to talk to a friend of his who rebuilds trans and see if we can get a good price. If not then I'll probably end up getting it switched for $1000.. Hopefully it works out. I can't afford to get a different car right now, especially after doing a bunch of maintenance stuff to this car recently.
Old 09-23-2011
Registered!!

Well mine just decided to kick the bucket on the way to school... 300k km isn't bad? :P Assuming it wasnt switched already before by the previous owner.

It jumped like 1500 rpm when shifting then wouldn't pull anymore... slam on the gas with virtually no power gains. Me and my Mechanic are going to talk to a friend of his who rebuilds trans and see if we can get a good price. If not then I'll probably end up getting it switched for $1000.. Hopefully it works out. I can't afford to get a different car right now, especially after doing a bunch of maintenance stuff to this car recently.
Well ... I hope it works out for you then and indeed, spending 1.000 dollars on a new transmission is better then buying a new car
Old 09-28-2011

1600-2600 for the rebuild.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm gonna try my luck and find a used one instead and pay half the price.. Damn.
Old 10-05-2011

Found an 05 tranny for $750. Picked it up for $600 lol. Will be putting it in this weekend. It's got like 130k km on it, so less then half of what my car has LOL.
Old 10-11-2011

Mechanic just called me and told me that the car is ready to be picked up. I'll let you guys know how it feels once i figure out how to get there lol. About 20-25km away and I'm having trouble finding someone to drive me :P
Old 10-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'd give you a ride to the mechanic if I weren't... 2500km away lol
Old 10-11-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Nice. Good luck on finding a ride.
Old 10-11-2011

Thanks Mindbomber, but I got my sister to take me lol. It's the thought that counts though! :P

Oh my goodness, how I've missed her! I don't know if it's the '05 tranny, or the Maxlife ATF, but there was no slipping at all. Even when it was cold and i slammed the gas right out of the parking lot there was 0 slip!

Now i just need to adjust lol. I've been driving an 03 pathfinder for the past 2 weeks. With 240hp and so much throttle response, it felt like the civic was heavy since i was revving up to 4 rpm with basically no power (compared to the nissan)

One more thing. I think the stick feels like it has more resistance when i move it. As in I have to pull/push harder then I used to to switch from park to drive. Also, this could be me still in pathfinder mode, but who knows lol.
Old 10-11-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

might be they did not get the shifter in place perfectly when they installed the switches and stuff. but so long as it switches properly and doesnt get stuck, should be good!
Old 01-09-2012
Registered!!

P228 is an unknown quantity at this point

293xxx km... thats almost 70k higher than mine and your engine bay looks alot cleaner too............
Old 01-10-2012

lol im actually at 308k km now :P
Old 02-19-2012

Re: ** Civicforum Chat **

Worked with my Mech today. Just got back now. We replaced the metal bumper bar, and straightened out the AC condenser and radiator. Also got the bumper to sit back on properly. You can barely tell it was even in an accident.

No after shots, but here are some pics of the accident the other day. I realized the hood is slightly warped now, with the passenger side sitting slightly higher then the rest.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	82594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	82595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	78.0 KB