Shift-E's Whip Yo! - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2011   #61
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: Shift-E's Whip Yo!

Look at the pics of the LED strips in my headlights. On one side 6 are only lit up, and the other only 3. There should be about 15.

I emailed TRS and sent them the pictures and they're going to send me new ones again :P Maybe I can find somewhere to put these LED strips that would look cool... Any suggestions? :P
Shift-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #62
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey give me those broken led strips if u dont want them! haha =]
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #63

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
hey give me those broken led strips if u dont want them! haha =]
They're still in my headlights atm. What are you gonna use them for? :P I have a feeling like they're an "easy" fix.

There are little scissor markings on the strip where you can cut it and thats where theyre screwed up on both. So im guessing the connection is messed up.. so if you wanna cut them open you could probably get to them and fix it?
Old 07-11-2011   #64

Yay me, impulse bought an Alpine iDA-X100 for $180... New it cost $399. Plus the dude had it on a 05 civic so he had the wiring harness with soldered connections. Perfect swap in! All manuals and original receipt for $463 included.

Now I have my Pioneer DEH-P3100UB sitting in my room... It WAS waiting to get installed, now I don't know what to do with it! Also have a radio wiring harness I ordered off ebay with it too..

I don't know how I feel about the purchase yet, if I shouldn't have bothered or if it was worth it. Anyone have experience with this deck? Loved it or hated?

Either way it is a $400 alpine and will be better then my $150 pioneer. It doesn't play CD's though so it looks like I'm going to need to invest time into banking up my USB with songs, or find an ipod to bank up with songs.
Old 07-11-2011   #65
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Post pics of it installed

You could always sell the pioneer on here, people are always looking for decks.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #66

Waiting on my metra kit to show up. Ordered through USPS and the postal strike really set things back... I received my wiring harness, but the tracking number says it's still shipping lol, so I have no idea where the dash kit is because the status hasn't changed in a while either :P
Old 07-12-2011   #67
Registered!!

HG-2003Civvy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure looks like a Kenny-U-Pull find. If this is the same car I remember in the winter, it was rough all over. It looks nice now though, glad to see you brought some life back into it. That junk yard is awesome, picked up alot of cheap stuff for my civic there too. Nice deal too!
HG-2003Civvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG-2003Civvy View Post
Sure looks like a Kenny-U-Pull find. If this is the same car I remember in the winter, it was rough all over. It looks nice now though, glad to see you brought some life back into it. That junk yard is awesome, picked up alot of cheap stuff for my civic there too. Nice deal too!
That's the one! lol You're one of the few people who saw my car before i bought it lol. It's funny cuz the day i went to pay off the second half there was a guy asking about it and how he really wanted it lol In the back of my head I was like "sucker it's mine!"

I've never seen 7th gens there though. only once or twice.
Old 07-16-2011   #69

Installed the HU today. Took all of 15 minutes lol. So easy!

Before:

Name:  DSC02187.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  100.2 KB

After:

Name:  DSC02191.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  130.8 KB

Name:  DSC02190.jpg
Size:  133.3 KB

Name:  DSC02196.jpg
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  DSC02193.jpg
Size:  153.8 KB

Name:  DSC02194.jpg
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  DSC02195.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB
Old 07-16-2011   #70
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good install man! Nice deck.
Lopes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #71
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Please refer to my sig
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #72
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

see how it's recessed a little bit? that's what I was talking about in our little profile message "board."
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 View Post
Please refer to my sig
Lol you know you like my ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes101 View Post
Good install man! Nice deck.
Thanks man! Do you got a deck? i've got a good pionner sitting around waiting to be sold :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
see how it's recessed a little bit? that's what I was talking about in our little profile message "board."
Ya I did notice. Doesn't let you put the face plate that comes with the deck. Oh well, it doesn't really bug me. I'm really happy that the dash kit worked with no problem though. A lot of the reviewers had to do modification, and I think you said that you did as well?
Only thing is that the bottom right corner doesn't sit completely flush. I think the clip isn't grabbing properly.
Old 07-16-2011   #74

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift-E View Post
They're still in my headlights atm. What are you gonna use them for? :P I have a feeling like they're an "easy" fix.

There are little scissor markings on the strip where you can cut it and thats where theyre screwed up on both. So im guessing the connection is messed up.. so if you wanna cut them open you could probably get to them and fix it?
use it for a lic plate light for my bike. lol
Old 07-16-2011   #75

i was looking at ur retro cut off line, and ur right projector needs to be aimed down a little more so that the lines on the left of the two Z shifts are even.

like this:
Name:  photo22.jpg
Size:  289.0 KB

so when ur looking at it, it looks like just ONE Z shift untill u get closer

like this:
Name:  photo11.jpg
Size:  271.2 KB

^thats actually TWO projectors that are on...but it looks like one. thats how it should properly look
Old 07-16-2011   #76

The reflector on my right headlight is actually loose, so it shakes around alot. It's actually quite a bit higher then whats shown in the pic, but I don't think it's high enough to bother anyone. Especially since it's the right one, it isn't as distracting to drivers ahead of me.

EDIT: And by shakes around, I mean it bounces up to a certain height. I pop my hood and and move it to be low again, but even the vibration from the hood closing, or door slamming, will jump it back up.
If i close the hood gently and close my door gently, it's just a matter of time till it pops back up from someone else slamming the door or a speed bump.

Last edited by Shift-E; 07-16-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2011   #77

New LED strips came in today. Working good and seem brighter then the last
Old 07-18-2011   #78
02 coupe DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift-E View Post

Thanks man! Do you got a deck? i've got a good pionner sitting around waiting to be sold :P

Ya man I have a deck, not a great pictutre but I dont feel like going outside and taking one. Ill take a night shot sometime. I love this deck. It also is no moving parts (I believe yours is?) aka no cd. great for the iPod etc.

Name:  radio.jpg
Size:  138.0 KB
Old 07-18-2011   #79

Nice deck! I really like that one lol. Yup, mine has no CD but plays USB and Ipod nicely. I like that yours has a SD option though.
Old 07-18-2011   #80
02 coupe DX

ya its really nice, it was my Christmas present, so I was allowed to get a nice expensive one :P
Old 07-18-2011   #81
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Thats the exact deck i've wanted for a while and am planning on getting (either that or an alipine), Did u get the one with bluetooth?
DarkSouljur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #82
02 coupe DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSouljur View Post
Thats the exact deck i've wanted for a while and am planning on getting (either that or an alipine), Did u get the one with bluetooth?

I was going to get the bluetooth one, But this one was 50 bucks less, and last one in stock, so they said if i bought it they would install for free, so they did. I Didnt really want the bluetooth, I can do without for sure.
Old 07-21-2011   #83
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

i think it'd be cool to have, i'm getting mine online so it's pretty cheap anyways
Old 08-05-2011   #84

So as some of you know, hit the curb the other week. Got an alignment yesterday and everything is perfect again.

NOW. On to the new issue...

My mechanic just called me. He told me theres an 01 civic coupe ETB like mine at the same junk yard I bought mine from. it has 99000 km (around 60k miles) AND HERES THE BEST PART! ITS MANUAL!! He doesn't remember if it's an SI (Canadian) or base. The price after registration is $2500.

I'm crying. I don't know what to do. I don't have the money right now, I'd have to sell my car. But who knows how long it will be there. These cars go fast around here, so by the time I found a buyer, it'll probably be gone. I'm gonna go tomorrow to look at it.

He took a quick look at it and he said that the only thing cosmetically wrong is theres some rust on the rocker panels, which he can fix.

The only problem with standard is I can't drive it (yet) and my mom wouldn't be able to move it if I parked behind her. but that's not an issue lol.

</3 Stress lol
Old 08-07-2011   #85
02 coupe DX

HAHA go for standard!!!! but then again.. not my money.. Your mummy would just have to learn how to move a standard! and you will learn really quickly as well. Let us know what you decided.
Old 08-07-2011   #86
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

DOOOOOO EEET.
-peer pressure-
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #87

I went to take a look at it. I don't know what it is, but my gut feeling just told me "No." So now the thoughts left my mind. I'd rather keep mine till it dies and then when I have money get an 05 EX/Si because they'll be cheaper by then.

One thing that really turned me off was the interior. It looked dirty and not kept well. Also the interior was beige and I prefer my dark interior a lot more.

Oh well, the show goes on lol.
Old 08-08-2011   #88
Registered!!

Ew beige! out of curiosity was it the same colour as ur vic now? BTW GO TAKE THAT ENGINE!!!!!! cuz if you don't i will lol u can have mine but i keep the vtec head
Old 08-08-2011   #89
02 coupe DX

Well at least you went and checked it out. moving on!!!
Old 08-08-2011   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSouljur View Post
Ew beige! out of curiosity was it the same colour as ur vic now? BTW GO TAKE THAT ENGINE!!!!!! cuz if you don't i will lol u can have mine but i keep the vtec head
Yup, same colour. And I can't take the engine cuz they're selling it all together still road worthy. And whats the point in taking an A2 block and putting an A1 head on it?