Shift-E's Whip Yo! - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2011   #31  
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Shift-E's Whip Yo!

not digging the LEDs =(
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #32  
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
not digging the LEDs =(
Trust me, Pics do not do them justice :P They look pretty damn good in person.
Shift-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #33  
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift-E View Post
Lol the pictures don't do them justice
It's true they don't. I really liked them at night
DarkSouljur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #34  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh nice, looks like you got the aiming done finally lol.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #35  

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
oh nice, looks like you got the aiming done finally lol.
Lol i finally found time. It took forever to find a straight wall! Me and dark were driving around all over the place. We live in a slightly hilly area so theres little flat land to wall spots without driving 15+ minutes in one direction :P I ended up driving up on the lawn of a model home to get a straight shot

I wanna thank you so much for all your help with the retro Gearbox! I wish I could rep you 1000000000+ times!
Old 06-08-2011   #36  
naz
Registered!!

naz is an unknown quantity at this point

whats up shift-E, car is startin to look real good bro... where in ottawa you from btw?
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
whats up shift-E, car is startin to look real good bro... where in ottawa you from btw?
Thanks man. I live in Kanata, in the west end. You?
Old 06-08-2011   #38  
naz
Registered!!

I used to live in Morgans grant, but just recently moved to the britannia area... im still at the march road timmies almost every night lol
Old 06-08-2011   #39  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually walmart has a pretty level ground but yeah its like that here too where all the roads are angled and hilly. i almost never see my beams flat due to the crazy roads.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #40  

Quote:
I used to live in Morgans grant, but just recently moved to the britannia area... im still at the march road timmies almost every night lol
Oh ok, so not to to far from my area (bridlewood). I've got a friend that works at that Timmies lol. I've been meaning to visit them now that you bring that up :P
Old 06-08-2011   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
usually walmart has a pretty level ground but yeah its like that here too where all the roads are angled and hilly. i almost never see my beams flat due to the crazy roads.
I didn't try the wal mart. it's just a little out of the way for me. But I'll keep that in mind for the next time I'm there to see if it's a good spot for future aiming.
Old 06-08-2011   #42  
naz
Registered!!

lol oh yeah? i'll prob be there tonight after the hockey game

is your friend the indian guy with the tattoo that says "got guts?"
Old 06-08-2011   #43  

Quote:
lol oh yeah? i'll prob be there tonight after the hockey game

is your friend the indian guy with the tattoo that says "got guts?"
Lol, no. She's the really really short hijabi girl. I've like never been to that timmies. I usually go to the one by my house, though theres a bunch of ricers that like to hang around there, the bridlewood tim hortons.
Old 06-08-2011   #44  
naz
Registered!!

lol okay i know which one your talking about...i dont think she usually works that late tho cuz its usually these 2 philipino guys..

haha i know what your talking about with the bridlewood timmies and the "shoo cuz" kids lol

but yeah bro come down to the march road timmies lol the coffee is way better and all we usually do is talk about our civics lol
Old 06-08-2011   #45  

Quote:
lol okay i know which one your talking about...i dont think she usually works that late tho cuz its usually these 2 philipino guys..

haha i know what your talking about with the bridlewood timmies and the "shoo cuz" kids lol

but yeah bro come down to the march road timmies lol the coffee is way better and all we usually do is talk about our civics lol
Oh, so there are more civic owners? Nice lol. Anyone from the forum? Maybe I can grab Dark Souljur (He's my cousin if you didn't already know that) and swing by if we find ourselves with nothing to do.

Not really "Shoo cuz" kids, cuz theyre all white lol. If they were "shoo cuz" kids I'd fit in haha
Old 06-09-2011   #46  
naz
Registered!!

hahah oh really i guess the "shoo cuz" crew aint chillin at timmies these days lol.. ive been out of ottawa for the last two years..

yeah theres a couple of us civic owners usually at that timmies... and they are all silver lol
If you see a 2000 SiR or an 04 Si then im probably there...
Old 06-09-2011   #47  

Quote:
hahah oh really i guess the "shoo cuz" crew aint chillin at timmies these days lol.. ive been out of ottawa for the last two years..

yeah theres a couple of us civic owners usually at that timmies... and they are all silver lol
If you see a 2000 SiR or an 04 Si then im probably there...
I'll keep that in mind. I've been meaning to try and meet as many local honda enthusiasts as I can. lol
Old 06-09-2011   #48  

Just purchased my Metra 99-7897 Dash kit and a Wiring harness off ebay. The dash kit was "on sale" and were like 4-5 bucks cheaper (10ish instead of 15ish) so that was a plus. And shipping to Canada wasn't bad either.

When those come in, I'll be doing my head unit

These are the ones I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:L:OC:CA:1123

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:L:OC:CA:1123
Old 06-15-2011   #49  

Found a lot of new scratches on my hood yesterday

They cross the whole hood, it looks like someone placed a box on my hood and pushed it across. Most of it will disappear with a buff, but one scratch near the left side might need some paint to fill it >.<

I'll try and get pics later. No Idea where it came from, or when it could have happened.
Old 06-26-2011   #50  

Forgot to mention it here before, but on thursday I gave my car to my mech for an oil change and timing belt. We figured as long as we're in there we might as well do all the belts (timing, alternator, power steering) as well as water pump and tensioners and an atf change. Bill starting to rack up kinda quick lol.

Also bought a set of 6th gen SiR rims off his son that he painted bronze (kinda goldish). Should be getting it back tomorrow, I'VE MISSED MY BABY!! Finally will be off my steelies w/ugly hubs!
Old 06-27-2011   #51  

PICKED IT UP FROM THE MECHANIC!! Oh how I missed it so. The rims turned out AWESOME, imo.

Here's a pic of what it looked like when I turned the corner into my mechanics plaza:

Name:  Civicnewrims1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  102.6 KB

DarkSouljur took that pic (props to him for driving me to my mech to pick it up) and took this pic while I was driving:

Name:  Civicnewrims2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  168.8 KB

And these are in my driveway with my phone camera :P

Name:  Civicnewrims5.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  Civicnewrims4.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  55.5 KB
Old 06-27-2011   #52  
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Still not a huge fan of painted stock rims, but those turned out pretty nice\
Would have probably gone with a more goldish tint of bronze though.
But still looks good

Btw, it's screaming for a drop now
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 View Post
Still not a huge fan of painted stock rims, but those turned out pretty nice\
Would have probably gone with a more goldish tint of bronze though.
But still looks good

Btw, it's screaming for a drop now
I didn't paint them, I got them like that from a friend. He had them on his '90 civic hatch which is a darker blue then mine. I agree on a more goldish colour though, but hey they aren't too bad as is either

I know, I'm looking at it and it's saying "Shift-E! Get me closer to the ground!" Then my wallet says "Don't do that to me!" :P
Old 06-27-2011   #54  
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

That is, until everyone comes up and goes "Hey, Nice 4x4"

and you're just like
then you say "I know I need a drop!"
In the back of your head you think "I'd rather be broke"

I would know, I go through this stage every day.
So far, I've managed a couple months without dropping it. But every time I wash my car, and go out with friends, they take a look at my car and go "Dude, u need to drop ur car"

Yeah...I know
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 View Post
That is, until everyone comes up and goes "Hey, Nice 4x4"

and you're just like
then you say "I know I need a drop!"
In the back of your head you think "I'd rather be broke"

I would know, I go through this stage every day.
So far, I've managed a couple months without dropping it. But every time I wash my car, and go out with friends, they take a look at my car and go "Dude, u need to drop ur car"

Yeah...I know
Aahahahaha That made me LOL
Old 06-27-2011   #56  

Also, forgot to mention. Riding on 205/50/R15. Rear 2 are Falken's (basically new) Front 2 are some company called "runway" which seem to be just some cheap tires. They're brand new.
Old 06-27-2011   #57  
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rims look great bro, one day I will have rims!
Lopes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes101 View Post
Rims look great bro, one day I will have rims!
Thanks man! I never thought I would own rims, but the opportunity arose so I leaped at it!
Old 07-06-2011   #59  

So I finally got my replacement LED strips yesterday and this is what I found... attached are pics of old strips and new ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	led1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	81212   Click image for larger version

Name:	led2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	81213   Click image for larger version

Name:	led3.jpg
Views:	59